Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fermanagh v Kildare

Go down 
+34
Highball
Ogie
Borderline
Flamingo
LillieLad
White Bridge
Ohtoohtobe
white boy
totalgaa
lomond
ixus
topcat
Cilldara_2000
flourman
Snowwhite
Rex
learmus
lillyboy
Shergar
KILL BILL
lily4fr
jj
Blackadder
FearBan
Botch
Kildaretothebone
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
moatesports
murof
jimmers
Lanemusic
Kildare98
tomoneillandhissisteranne
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 1:15 am

flourman wrote:
Well if the manager’s wish in the 2nd half was to continue with the same tactic that yielded 3 points in the first half, he should be in lakeview not hawkfield.

We'll never know, but the fact none of them tried it suggests they were not allowed.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 1:35 am

Rex, do you honestly, genuinely believe the players were told - ordered even- at half-time not to shoot from 35/40 yards?
Back to top Go down
Lanemusic
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 1:37 am

It was pretty awful stuff to watch the whole way through. Complete lack of ideas when a team sit back and defend that much. Hopefully the fact we are still missing a number of players was part of it. Really missing Dan Flynn in a match like that.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
Rex, do you honestly, genuinely believe the players were told - ordered even- at half-time not to shoot from 35/40 yards?

I don't know, all I can go by is what was in front of me. None of them had a pop, maybe I'm talking out of my arse but I'm just trying to understand it.
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 2:55 am

RE potshots, I would guess the idea is not to do that as that's exactly what the Fermanagh system is attempting to get you to do. Frustrated shots from 40 yards.

Different to engineering a 40 yard shot by someone capable of sticking it say like Brophy was doing last year.

The fine line between patience and panicking.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 am

ixus wrote:
Different to engineering a 40 yard shot by someone capable of sticking it say like Brophy was doing last year.

... against who?
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 4:47 am

P Cribbin is usually a man we get on those long range efforts, so he was not an option but Conway and Feely both are happy to let rip in fairness.

There is a v good article in the Guardian at the minute about
Sunderland and how lads can be really really good footabllers, but what lets them down is that they can't hold that level all the time, so they are not really that good.
It just struck me when you see lads losing the plot over how we should be beating a certain team and lose, or then beating a team we shouldn't...
Kildare have very very good footballers but in Div 1 where we think we deserve to be there is no place for lads who don't show it all the time.
We need a way to win without hitting the heights a bit more.

I don't think we are as good or as bad as we make ourselves out to be. The problem is knowing what team will show up from week to week. The top teams can be much more assured in what they will get from their XV.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 5:15 am

Right over that horrorshow... Time to look forward. Results at weekend mean promotion still achievable.

Back to back wins over Clare and Meath would change things drastically, but we need to up it 100 percent.

Showed grit & resolve in first two games, but still haven't seen any of the free-flowing attacking football we saw last summer v Mayo, Fermanagh and in Super 8s.

O'Neill needs to earn his corn in the next fortnight and the leaders in the group have to step up to the plate again. Let's go into into the next two games with all guns blazing and see how we go. Would be great if we could finally get P Cribbin and Brophy back as well.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 11:23 am

Peter kelly can't come Back quick enough for us. He tightened up the back line, and he also good for a few scores.We need him in a.s.a.p
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 9:11 pm

I hate mentioning names that are not interested in being part of the panel as that only an excuse and they entitled to not want to play.

But we really need the lads like Brophy, P Cribben and P Kelly et al and hope we can get them back for next game they will make big difference the above form 20% of the team if you want to look at numbers....
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 10:36 pm

looking who we have left clare who are going well, and are hard to beat , tipp who just lost out on div 1 last year, meath in navan and donegal away who will have all back before we travel there need minimum 3 points to stay in div 2 i just wonder
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 12:28 am

moatesports wrote:
looking who we have left clare who are going well, and are hard to beat , tipp who just lost out on div 1 last year, meath in navan and donegal away who will have all back before we travel there need minimum 3 points to stay in div 2 i just wonder
Worst case scenario - I'd be hoping to get four points between Clare and Tipp (home) and Meath - that would keep us safe. Six would put us in the shakeup for promotion. Donegal is another matter.
Be a real kick if Meath go up and we don't - a case of Where they did come out of?
I still feel we can take six points from those three games and maybe one in Donegal.
Illogical I know Sad
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 1:05 am

Our win over Cork dosnt look as good now when you look at what Clare did to them.
Meath away could be the crunch tie I think.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 1:42 am

Hate to say it but I wouldn't be at all confident of beating Clare. We always find it very difficult against them.
Saw a few minutes of highlights of Fermanagh game on Sunday night. For all the complaints about them being defensive they ran through us with ease to pick of scores. Going on the chances created it could have been a lot worse.
The 2 week break might be a help and maybe get a few players back but I am very pessimistic about this year. Can't be all the manager's fault and we seem to lack leaders like Glen and JD.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:11 am

I don't know what anybody thinks or if I'm off the rocker but I feel teams can run through us with ease and we cant handle this and always look like we could concede goals at any stage.... and our forwards can't break a tackle and get swallowed up too easy if the get into a contact situation...

Now we have one of the best S&C coached as a manager and also a great S&C coach at the moment but don't seem to be able to tackle or be tackled..... basic skills and a gripe of mine for a few years now... based on guys being on programmes all year round so maybe its the players we picking and the style we choosing...

Look at Kerry they have a few 6ft + guys that can run with strength through guys and are confident in this ability....
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 2:15 am

We just seem to want to shadow box instead of actually boxing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 am

We certainly have an issue at centre back.
I'd like to see Peter Kelly tried there.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 10:55 am

You have the factor in that - in a division already notorious for twists & turns - this Kildare team under Cian O’Neill are liable to do anything.

I honestly couldn’t tell you... they could blow away Clare & Meath, they could implode spectacularly - and all points in between.

They certainly don’t do things by halves, I’ll give them that.
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 am

Totally agree about the comments on CON job O'Neill, he would have been sacked after Carlow last year only for the clever way he worked the "Newbridge or Nowhere " thing to save his job. I didn't think we would beat them and I admitted it afterwards but I could see what CON was at at the time. Here was a way out and his clever thinking was "I have nothing to lose if we fail, I'm gone anyway.. But if we win !!!!" It worked and he CONned us all and is still at it.

This is what I said at the time...
Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 24fxzpg
Back to top Go down
Borderline
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 11:32 am

Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 2jcd2f8
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 5:17 pm

"Come back down to earth lads, there is no way we will beat Mayo tomorrow, they are way ahead of us on so many aspects of the game."

That bit?!
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Reading all of the comments following this match, It is evident that anyone who didn't attend that debacle on Saturday night has a more benign view, having seen that horror show first hand anyone that wasn't there should be under no illusion of how poor this was, it reached the critical level that was worse than Carlow and that tells you that below this level there is no way back without managerial change, and for those of you looking at the Meath match as possible redemption then brace yourselves for a shock, Since last year both teams are going in different directions and this rejuvenated Meath have our number. Sorry to say but thing will get worse before they get better.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 11:11 pm

Ah jesus Bill, its valentines day.. Go easy on us
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 11:14 pm

I wasn't at the game so can only go on reports and what they showed on sunday game that night. It showed Fermanagh cutting through us with ease to pick of scores. Their manager and players were annoyed that they missed so many chances. We are annoyed at their defensive set up!
We have two major problems, our soft defense and our inability to unlock organised defences. Teams have been running through us with ease since Cork in 2012. At first it was only the better teams like Dublin, Kerry and Tyrone but now teams like our first 3 opponents in Div 2 can do it. Carlow scored something like 2-14 I think?
We will never win anything until we come up with a better plan/defenders to make ourselves harder to beat. Agree with Kill Bill about Meath, they will smell blood when we arrive and we could be in for a horrible afternoon. It's not just about promotion with Meath, they really are desperate to be seen as Dublin's main challenger and are fed up with losing to us so often.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 11:22 pm

KILL BILL wrote:
Reading all of the comments following this match,  It is evident that anyone who didn't attend that debacle on Saturday night has a more benign view, having seen that horror show first hand anyone that wasn't there should be under no illusion of how poor this was,  it reached the critical level that was worse than Carlow and that tells you that below this level there is no way back without managerial change, and for those of you looking at the Meath match as possible redemption then brace yourselves for a shock, Since last year both teams are going in different directions and this rejuvenated Meath have our number.  Sorry to say but thing will get worse before they get better.

Agree with most of this. Though not sure of your assessment of Meath being rejuvenated, I don't see any evidence of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fermanagh v Kildare
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next