Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fermanagh v Kildare

Go down 
+34
Highball
Ogie
Borderline
Flamingo
LillieLad
White Bridge
Ohtoohtobe
white boy
totalgaa
lomond
ixus
topcat
Cilldara_2000
flourman
Snowwhite
Rex
learmus
lillyboy
Shergar
KILL BILL
lily4fr
jj
Blackadder
FearBan
Botch
Kildaretothebone
TommyKeegan
Gaa1928
moatesports
murof
jimmers
Lanemusic
Kildare98
tomoneillandhissisteranne
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 7:30 am

So IXUS, we should let the Carlow result rest from last year, and we are not allowed judge Kildare on their latest outing because it was Fermanagh (and they’re too difficult to play against)

Do you have a list of teams we are allowed judge Kildare against?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 7:58 am

ixus wrote:
Carlow should be a distant memory but not forgotten.  Shouldn't use a stick to beat players with.

I've shown Fermanagh are a nightmare. They've conceded 6.3 scores per game this league  and smothered Armagh and Monaghan with it last year.

Kildare learned and destroyed it last year.

A lot of new players and I'm sure Fermanagh used last year as motivation.  Nl

Need to be better at parking results and not carrying the negativity.  

We want to be competing at the top. We should be consistently beating teams at the levels below his. Until then we can not expect to give Dublin a game. So regardless of who was Missing or what style the opposition play we should be beating the Carlows Feemanaghs and Wesrmeaths of this world.
Watching the players of the faithful doc over Christmas Matt Connor said in his time Offaly only ever lost to Dublin or Kerry.
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 8:52 am

Played 10 league games against 10 different teams
Lucky to win 1 league game v poor cork side
Need we say any more
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 am

I have no energy for Clare game right now... Every time this team is on the verge of a big breakthrough, they let you down.

Couldn’t make Leinster final in 2016; couldn’t beat Armagh the following year; lost every league game plus Carlow humiliation last year; competitive in Super 8s games but couldn’t get over the line in any of them.

Now this latest shit-show.

Mind you I’ll probably be raring to go again in a fortnight. We have to be the most demented supporters in the GAA.
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:19 am

Newbridgeornowhere, you are deluded. That was hands down the worst performance ive ever seen from a kildare team including carlow last year. Its ironic that #newbridgeornowhere is the only reason he's in the job today. Not good enough
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:31 am

murof wrote:
We lose a lot of games and produce some dreadful performances under CON. His record can't be much better than Jason's at this stage. I hope Davy Burke sticks around and gets his chance in the near future. We can't afford to be too loyal to a manager if we keep producing performances like last night.

No objection to Davey at all .. but I'd have a preference for Glen tbh.. I'd love to see the Man getting the chance that He nearly did a few Years ago.. that politics fcked it up.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:41 am

It about time we decided to play to a pattern. He had Jimmy Hyland and N.Flynn playing at behind half back line for parts of that game. Can anybody explain that to me? What that was about.We were unable to shoot from half forward line to take points. No body with a bit of balls, to have a go. Endless recycling of ball going nowhere. Sorry Lads you have to look at the manager,backroom team and Coaches. You would think at half time we would have a plan for second half .But No, we done the same shite. That it in a nutshell.
Back to top Go down
ixus
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:21 am

We were all worried about how the team would perform against Fermanagh last year after Carlow and they put up 3:20 on them, knocking them out. Only Kildare and Donegal have given them a hiding in 2 years.

They knocked Armagh (conceded 7 pts) who have had our number recently and Monaghan (conceded 10pts), one of the best teams in the country, out of Ulster.

In Div 3, yes Div 3, they conceded 7,7,8,11, 14 scores.

This year it's 6,6,7 scores so far
2017 when relegated from Div 2, Galway beat them by 6 and Derry by 2 at home. Beaten by Monaghan and Armagh in championship.

2016 Tyrone got a draw out of them at home. That's it. Knocked us out of Rd 2 qualifier of championship in Fermanagh by 7pts.

2015 when we were relegated to Div 3, they topped table of Div 3 unbeaten at home. Championship knocked out by Dublin 8pts. We conceded 7-16 to Kerry.

In 4 yrs, to date, lost to Galway by 6, Derry by 2 and a Tyrone draw at home.

Generally, they don't concede and make opposition look atrocious.

D.Flynn hit them for 1-3 and brought that explosiveness a team needs to beat the blanket.

We don't have the panel to afford missing 5 or 6 of last years best players against a team like that.

I hate shite football. I hate watching players not bursting their bollox or a management team not adapting.

But. I'd take perspective on the opposition as important. Clare is a pivotal game given their result.

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 12:04 pm

We're all desperate for Kildare to improve and win so I think every time there's a bad result we're all emotional - I certainly was for at least a day after the Fermanagh game.

A few days pass and you calm down a bit and then you can look at it a bit more coldly. And looking at the league results and performances so far, I think they've all been fairly poor.

The fact that Armagh are just up from division three and the relative ease with which Meath beat them suggests they're at best an average side, yet we needed a serious comeback to draw with them. Cork look similarly poor but it still needed a big effort and a couple of great saves from Mark Donnellan to keep them at bay.

So while people thought our first two games were ok, they probably weren't, and the Fermanagh game was probably an extension of that dodgy form.  

I think the explanation is that we simply have a far weaker side out than we did at the back end of last year. Here's the players that were used against Mayo:

KILDARE: Mark Donnellan; Peter Kelly, David Hyland, Mick O'Grady; Johnny Byrne, Eoin Doyle, Kevin Flynn; Kevin Feely, Tommy Moolick; Fergal Conway, Paul Cribbin, Keith Cribbin; Neil Flynn, Daniel Flynn, Paddy Brophy.

Subs: David Slattery for K Cribbin (48), Chris Healy for Brophy (52), Niall Kelly for Moolick (54), James Murray for Byrne (68), Eamonn Callaghan for Doyle (70).

We've lost Peter Kelly, Johnny Byrne, Kevin Flynn, Paul Cribbin, Daniel Flynn and Paddy Brophy since then, as well as Niall Kelly, who had a big impact that day. We were also without Mick O'Grady for a game and Neil Flynn for a game and a half.

Some of the players who've replaced them these past three games are just not of the same calibre and some of the players who've replaced them might be of the same calibre some day but are just starting their inter-county careers and will take time to adapt.

The net result is that we're not as good as we were seven months ago and I find that incredibly frustrating, because at the end of last season, you were thinking about what needed to be added for us to take the next step and instead we've fallen back, and are now trying to get back to the level where we were.

I suppose the good news is we should have a lot of the players on the list above back soon but it's almost too late. We'd need to win all our remaining games to be sure of promotion and it's hard to see that happening. That means another year of division two and another year of our young players not getting the chance to learn at the highest level.

And even when we get all of those back we're still going to be left with a slightly weaker hand than last season, in my opinion, mainly because without Daniel Flynn we simply pose a bit less of a threat and will score fewer goals.

I'd hope results will pick up when you throw some of these players back in but the sort of dramatic improvement we'd all like to see, the type that would have us winning games at the super eight level ... I just don't see where that type of improvement is going to come from.

It's very frustrating because if we could get all our players fit and available at the same time, and if they could play with the same type of determination as in that Mayo game, I could see us as a side that could make an All-Ireland semi-final.

But we can't, and they can't, so we won't.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:30 pm

I have said this on numerous occasions the team has turned into one of the managers interviews or 25min half time speeches slow, laborious and using 10 words (touches) where 1 (touch) will do, I had taught we had turned a corner after Mayo where we were aggressive and went for the opposition and Div 2 was a great chance to promote that kind of football........
I am all for analysis etc. but I would love to know the ratio of talking v actually playing.....
Would still love to know is there another story why Podge Fogarty not there.....
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:30 pm

I have said this on numerous occasions the team has turned into one of the managers interviews or 25min half time speeches slow, laborious and using 10 words (touches) where 1 (touch) will do, I had taught we had turned a corner after Mayo where we were aggressive and went for the opposition and Div 2 was a great chance to promote that kind of football........
I am all for analysis etc. but I would love to know the ratio of talking v actually playing.....
Would still love to know is there another story why Podge Fogarty not there.....
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:42 pm

Just wondering has anyone heard an interview from CO'N yet?
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 pm

he walked passed and no comment was the order of the day i agree with s murphy its time glen ryan was brought on board
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:04 pm

Reading much of the above, I think I've identified the answer to our obvious problems - we need to play without a manager. Every manager before and after Mick O'Dwyer was useless/inept/blind/crap/up his own arse; without sight/foresight/hindsight/sight of the huge potential in every Kildare footballer.
Without a manager the fifteen players will develop immediately and our forwards will actually be able to kick a point or even two from 35/40 yards.
Problem solved.
OR
We need to beat Clare; Tipp and Meath and maybe Donegal to go up, with or without a manager
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:14 pm

And dont forget Micko was all of the above in his first term and for the latter part of his 2nd term
Feb 9th, lose league match by 2 pts away in Fermanagh and people losing their sh1t. Copy and Paste for next year.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:21 pm

i actually thought we were on a winner when tom Cribben was brought on board after his spells with both laois and westmeath maybe we still will be
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:22 pm

It's astounding how much of an easy time CON has been afforded in the last 18 months, given the form of his team.

Last edited by flourman on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:30 pm

I think that's certainly beginning to change.
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 pm

Listening to the match on KFM wasn't up there, thankfully maybe. We seem to be missing a target man (sorry for the soccer term) Dan is a massive loss, would have kept Podge around for that alone. Why the fuck we're we so laboured and not take a few pot shots outside there press. Should have stuck Feely in full forward for a bit as well and knocked a few high balls into him.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:48 pm

LillieLad wrote:
Why the fuck we're we so laboured and not take a few pot shots outside there press. Should have stuck Feely in full forward for a bit as well and knocked a few high balls into him.

It was amazing, as far as I recall (and I may be mistaken, as I watched most of the second half with my head in my hands) we did not try one pot shot from outside the 45.
Feely went in FF in the last few mins when Moolick came on, and we kicked 1 high ball into him, which was lost.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 10:58 pm

I made that point earlier. If they tried 10 shots from they 45 the would probably get 4 or 5. Considering we had one point from play it really should have been tried. That's why it's concerning as it looks like they are playing to the management's wishes without scope for deviation.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Well if the manager’s wish in the 2nd half was to continue with the same tactic that yielded 3 points in the first half, he should be in lakeview not hawkfield.
Back to top Go down
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2019 11:39 pm

Surely it's up to the players to take the pot shots? I seriously doubt they were told not to shoot from 40 yards out.
On a happier note, we are just one point behinds the leaders - I believe we'll beat Clare and Tipperary; I believe we can beat Meath. Donegal? Who knows
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 12:33 am

We always find it a real battle against Clare so wouldn't be too confident about that one. Meath are improving and have a lot of good young players coming through. They are desperate to return to Div 1 after so many years. A win against them in Navan would be a major statement for us to make. A bad defeat would see us going in opposite directions this year.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 12:41 am

Cian O'Neills record.
League 12-1-11
Championship 8-0-8
Total 20-1-19

Jason Ryan's record.
League 4-0-10
Championship 6-1-4
Total 10-1-14

Kieran McGeeney's Record.
League 21-6-17
Championship 22-1-12
Total 43-7-29
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fermanagh v Kildare   Fermanagh v Kildare - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fermanagh v Kildare
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next