Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Final

Go down 
+13
TommyKeegan
totalgaa
lomond
Kildare98
murof
jimmers
CantonasCollar
KILL BILL
Ohtoohtobe
Taibi
seamymurphy
Rex
GoDownOnIt
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

All Ireland Final - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 10:07 am

I'd have to agree with Taibi, I was hoping for a Dublin demolition of Mayo to bring the Dublin funding/structure up for debate again. I guess that is something that will now wait for another day. Time to focus on the club, anyword when 2020 championships will be completed?
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 10:08 am

I'd have to agree with Taibi, I was hoping for a Dublin demolition of Mayo to bring the Dublin funding/structure up for debate again. I guess that is something that will now wait for another day. Time to focus on the club, anyword when 2020 championships will be completed?
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2020 3:51 pm

The RTE Camera showing Cluxton going through his speech with the team Media Officer was enough for me..........."A team Media Officer " and they are supposed to be amateurs ?????

Botch likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2020 11:10 am

I see their ladies have done four in a row as well and Peter McKenna is sending Des Cahill messages to read out on The Saturday Game about how the lads cleaned up the dressing room, no one has ever done this, and it makes them great humans as well as great footballers.
Back to top Go down
Onhisboot
Intercounty
Intercounty
Onhisboot

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 3:34 pm

With Dublin having won 15 out of 16 Leinsters, Should Kildare apply to enter the Connaught Championship ??, Galway play in Leinster Hurling championship so there is a precedent. There are 3 Connaught teams ranked ahead of us in Galway, Roscommon and Mayo but it would give us something reaiistic to aim for over next few years, and give us a meaningful competition, I know this is not likely to get support at official level but what is the benefit of Leinster championship and we need to take some outside the box action for the sake of our county football
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2020 9:52 pm

e.s.b. wrote:
With Dublin having won 15 out of 16 Leinsters, Should Kildare apply to enter the Connaught Championship ??, Galway play in Leinster Hurling championship so there is a precedent. There are 3 Connaught teams ranked ahead of us in Galway, Roscommon and Mayo but it would give us something reaiistic to aim for over next few years,  and give us a meaningful competition, I know this is not likely to get support at official level but what is the benefit of Leinster championship and we need to take some outside the box action for the sake of our county football

Make Ireland number 33 !!!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 3:10 pm

Champions League type championships :

8 groups of 4 teams, play each other home and away and top 2 in group go into last 16 for the All Ireland and the bottom 2 go into an intermediate All Ireland.

Group winners seeded for last 16 round and open draw thereafter.

3rd placed teams seeded for last 16 of intermediate All Ireland and open draw thereafter.

Could even go a far as have a relegation process from the All Ireland teams with the winners of the intermediate All Ireland becoming a 2nd seed the following year.

Each team would get a minimum of 7 games with at least 24 teams getting 8 games.

Onhisboot likes this post

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2020 3:15 pm

My own preference is first scrap provincial championships (this is a must).

In the league play each other home and away (14 games against teams of similar standard)

Also have an open draw knockout competition where first team out of the hat gets home advantage up to semi final stage which would be played at Croke Park.

This gives teams a minimum of 15 games per year and the league becomes the primary competition which it is for the majority of teams currently but this also means for the majority of counties their primary competition finished approx April and then they live in wishful thinking of a run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2