Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Final

Go down 
+13
TommyKeegan
totalgaa
lomond
Kildare98
murof
jimmers
CantonasCollar
KILL BILL
Ohtoohtobe
Taibi
seamymurphy
Rex
GoDownOnIt
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GoDownOnIt
Intercounty
Intercounty

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 11:36 am

Funny that this topic is coming up in December but such is 2020!

What way do you think it will go on Saturday?

I predict the Dubs by 5
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 1:51 pm

Dublin by 12
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 1:57 pm

At this stage does anyone give a shite. Don't think I'll even bother watching.

Dublin by as many as they want.

Cilldara_2000, KILL BILL, TommyKeegan, Taibi, Kildare98 and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 4:40 pm

I'm conflicted.

I would so love to see Mayo win because of their efforts over the last 10 years. However, we all know if that happens, the argument over funding will be twisted and the lack of competitiveness of the Leinster championship will be targeted at the under-performing counties, despite what has happened over the last 10 years.

Regardless though, I think Mayo winning is a forlorn hope - if they keep the deficit to single figures they will have done well. Conceding 3-13 to Tipperary in the S-F certainly doesn't fill you with great confidence for their chances.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 5:43 pm

I expected Waterford to be closer to Limerick that Mayo would be to Dublin, so yeah, about 12 points.

Last edited by Gaa1928 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 6:55 pm

Probably not going to watch for the first time in more than 30 years. There’s a big time difference where I am and it’s just not worth it for a 1 in 20 chance of a close game/upset.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 10:21 pm

I know we sometimes find the GAA strange but Holy God, the draw for the Rugby World Cup made today for matches due to be played in September 2023 Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2020 11:30 pm

This Mayo team isn't actually as good as the team that pushed the Dubs to the brink.

Also, while James Horan is an excellent manager, a recurring flaw in his teams is the amount of space they leave in front of the full back line - they don't play with a sweeper and they aren't particularly adept at getting additional cover back.

Dublin will ruthlessly target that - a bit like Jim McGuinness in 2012 - and I would expect Con O'Callaghan, Rock et al to drive in a few goals.

Elsewhere, Aidan O'Shea gets an unduly hard time but the fact is he has never done it against the Dubs.

Put all that together and I think Dublin are going to hammer them tbh - similar to last year, will be 10 or 12 in the end.

Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 1:10 pm

Who cares. A professional team that plays all their games at home are going to win 6 in a row. I won’t be watching that crap.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 1:13 pm

I'll sadly be cheering on Dublin to destroy (and they will) a team that in any sort of a non-rigged game would have multiple All Irelands but were instead called bottlers for going toe to toe in a fix. It's a pity but there are so many Dublin fans in key GAA positions that even a narrow win will have them denying reality staring them down and mean we've to endure another five years of this rubbish which will kill what I once deeply loved.

CantonasCollar and BearintheSquare like this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Seen loads on social media waxing lyrical over Kevin McStay telling everyone how great the Mayo lads for fighting the good fight.

If he had any sense he'd write an article asking why those same players who have done all they can, travelled thousands of miles across the Country to spill sweat and blood at training have been denied an All Ireland by a financially doped up team who have not only the weight of the governing body supporting and prioritising them but also the money of the state backing them. That's what he should have been writing about.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 2:52 pm

Why would they Rex, it'd offend their bosses because it would offend the market. All about playing up to where the money comes from and milk it dry. And greater cause such as the integrity of the sport just doesn't have a great value on it in comparison.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 3:22 pm

I think the Dublin cash cow is about to run dry, as TK mentioned here previously, they couldn't fill Portaloise last year for a double header. Only 50,000 at semi final v Galway in 2018. Unless/Until the competitive balance is restored, GAA will start to struggle to fill Croke Park for All-Ireland finals. Sponsorship will dry up as well as no company wants to be associated with that type of scene an organistaion which can't even fill its stadium for the final!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 3:37 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Why would they Rex, it'd offend their bosses because it would offend the market. All about playing up to where the money comes from and milk it dry. And greater cause such as the integrity of the sport just doesn't have a great value on it in comparison.

You may be right, but that sentimental rubbish is pointless and does no one any favours. As long as he and others continue to come out with that kind of rubbish the more he'll watch his County beaten in an unfair sport.

TommyKeegan likes this post

Back to top Go down
seamymurphy
Senior
Senior

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 3:38 pm

Mayo by 2. santa

TommyKeegan likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 4:10 pm

Rex wrote:
TommyKeegan wrote:

You may be right, but that sentimental rubbish is pointless and does no one any favours. As long as he and others continue to come out with that kind of rubbish the more he'll watch his County beaten in an unfair sport.
#

Oh very much so but I can tell first hand there's a yearning for just that. Some narrative that rekindles what the GAA used to mean and deflects from what it now does mean. Dublin also love it as it's a look over there effort, so everyone's happy. People read, advertisers pay, elephant in the room ignored. Everyone who matters wins.

Rex likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2020 6:23 pm

My new nickname for McStay: Bullshit Galore. It’s how he should be titled on Sunday Game.

Speaking of which, really hope Dessie Dolan is doing co-comm on final. The sheer comedy value could actually be the game’s redeeming feature.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2020 10:29 pm

I really like Mayo. Amazing football county with the resiliance to go with it. Fantastic support too. Don't want them to win, though. I hope Dublin win by 20 points. It will kill inter county-football dead and hopefully force change.

lomond likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2020 2:27 am

I was watching highlights of a few of Mayo's big games from 2013-2017 the other day.
By god their workrate, tackling, and heart was phenomenal in that era.
Basically the complete opposite of us.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 6:58 pm

And so the elephant in the room grows ever larger, and noone will mention it on mainstream media next week......nothing to see here, move along please....
Back to top Go down
CantonasCollar
Senior
Senior
CantonasCollar

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 8:05 pm

Didn’t watch the game. Just checked the result there now. Any good of a game? Sounds like Dublin won it easy enough in the end.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 8:12 pm

Spent the last 10-15mins passing the ball around in their own half. Never under any pressure and looked like they had a couple of extra gears in hand.

It was almost as if they decided not to go for the jugular and the inevitable big win because a 'close win' would be in the long term interests of the Dubs.

seamymurphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 8:33 pm

Mayo threw the kitchen sink at them and knocked them out their comfort zone like no one else can. But they never looked like scoring a goal. If O'Callaghan hadn't dropped the ball when through on goal in the 2nd half it would have been a lot easier for them. Howard was some substitute to bring on!
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 9:15 pm

Had a read of John Gunningan’s match report over on the Mayo GAA Blog - which has been a brilliant chronicle of a remarkable decade for Mayo football.

Think he sums it up when he says we are probably watching the inter-county game in its death throes. Certainly if Dublin aren’t split, we are. Pretty remarkable the GAA stood over all this, all in the pursuit of profit. Tis the old human story I suppose.

One hundred percent, Dublin will now be gearing up for 10 in a row. Personally I won’t be going to another Leinster championship game again - a lot of supporters around the province in the same boat - and I’ll be only following Kildare in League & qualifiers, plus underage teams.

Bigger picture, if GAA don’t act, Dubs will continue to dominate & off-field debates & rows will be at least as entertaining as the games. I suppose we have to get our entertainment somewhere as the whole thing burns to the ground.

Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 9:24 pm

CantonasCollar wrote:
Didn’t watch the game. Just checked the result there now. Any good of a game? Sounds like Dublin won it easy enough in the end.

Sounds like you're on the wrong forum !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All Ireland Final Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final   All Ireland Final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next