Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..

Go down 
+19
bag of white
Stonecold
Ogie
Derfil
GaaHead
centreback
Lily8
Misneach
bloodsub
kickingking
paddypower
hawker
Jimmy winning matches
lilypremier
ChopperDalton
tomcruise
bob12
walsheman
analysis
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
analysis
Senior
Senior

All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Empty
PostSubject: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 1:58 pm

With club championship flying ahead and matches coming out of our ears last few weekends, I thought I was starting to come to terms with 29th August!

But...

No, I haven't been able to listen to one radio program, or read one article in the lead up to All ireland on Sunday, it's just so gutting that we're not there......I genuinely don't think I'm gonna watch the game on sunday, will be just too hard, I still feel so hard done by...still gutted.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:30 pm

well not watching the game wont help,im over it now!!!
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:45 pm

I will watch the game for sure just getting ready for the 18th Sept 2011 cheers when we will be champs
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:46 pm

i get it hard to look at the picture of Rob Kelly's shot...it was some effort.

We were inches away from playing on sunday next....
Back to top Go down
ChopperDalton
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:46 pm

It will be hard to watch but best of luck to both teams, wouldnt begrudge either team
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Yes best of luck. Hopefully it'll be a cracking game.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:03 pm

lads time to move on a look forward to 2011 with high hopes.looking forward to see the tyrone minor who really look good
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:21 pm

I'm with analysis on this one. I'm still devastated. I'm looking at Cork flags all over the place knowing we could have been there. I'll not be moving on until next week.

If I ever get a chance I'm gonna take a chainsaw to that goals at the Canal End.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:24 pm

hawker wrote:
I'm with analysis on this one. I'm still devastated. I'm looking at Cork flags all over the place knowing we could have been there. I'll not be moving on until next week.

If I ever get a chance I'm gonna take a chainsaw to that goals at the Canal End.
i was in a place last week and it full of down supporters
Back to top Go down
paddypower
Junior A
Junior A
paddypower

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:40 pm

If you listen to Cian O'Neill's Interview on Kildare TV, it puts a huge smile on your face when he talks about the minor talent along with the current senior talent! The future is bright, the futire is while!! Lets look forward to 2011 and beyond.....
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:43 pm

fone wrote:
lads time to move on a look forward to 2011 with high hopes.looking forward to see the tyrone minor who really look good

I'm not sure they're that good fone.

Dublin hammered them twice in the Ulster Minor League (yes I'm aware that sentence doesn't make sense but it's true!). The same Dublin team that the Kildare minors beat twice this year. I saw the Kildare minors beat this Cork minor team in a challenge match too.

I think ourselves and Dublin were the two best minor teams in the country this year and we ended up beating each other - a bit like Kildare/Meath seniors in 1997.

As for the senior final, I think Cork will win it and I've a feeling it might turn out to be a bit of a damp squib. Thinking back to our semi-final, so many Kildare players didn't play near the form they're capable of and we were still only inches from sneaking it. Too much is being made of Down's tradition - it won't matter a whit when the ball is thrown in. Cork have the experience of losing All-Irelands and I think the fact that they're not playing Kerry on Sunday will spur them on.
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:09 pm

Didn't that Tyrone team steal the semi final by scoring a couple of quickfire goals? Mayo looked by far the better team.

Last edited by bloodsub on Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Yes Bloodsub tyrone got two as far as i can recall, in the final minutes.
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:32 pm

I was over it and going grand until I started watching Up For The Match. Now I'm devastated again. Dammit I'm going to bed!!
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 12:24 am

Yea Up for the Match was hard to watch! The bit with Dermot Earley was sad too!

Haven't made me mind up as to who i'd like to win tomorrow! I'm fairly 50/50.

At least this time tomorrow the season will be finished and then bring on 2011!!
Back to top Go down
Misneach
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 1:24 am

Lily4Life wrote:
Yea Up for the Match was hard to watch! The bit with Dermot Earley was sad too!

Haven't made me mind up as to who i'd like to win tomorrow! I'm fairly 50/50.

At least this time tomorrow the season will be finished and then bring on 2011!!

I agree Lily. I stayed watching and am glad I did as Dermots contribution was honest, humerous & poignant. Once again made me proud to be a Kildareman. So moving.

I know we have so many issues with the GAA and aspects of it at times but you could see and feel the respect from the audience there tonight for Dermot and his dad.

GAA Abu!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:37 pm

well done cork and down for a good clean gaa match . pity they had to be loser on the hard luck down . well cork all ireland winners and division 1 winners of league of 2010 . cork more experience won them the match well done to tyrone minors. that over other year. daniel goulding man match
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Fair play to Cork. And well done to Down on making it a close final.

Thought Walsh was MOTM myself.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 6:54 pm

I agree, However Justice was done to down by men in white shirts!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 7:43 pm

thought it was a great game really good to watch took cork a while to get going but overall they were the better team, cork should have had a penalty just like kildare should of had for a down man touching the ball on the ground in small square. thought goulding was good and walsh better but can`t argue with scoring 9 points in an all ireland final so donnacha o`connor man of the match for me
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:46 pm

The first half was poor enough fare. It did liven up a bit in the second half though. Cork finally showed some bottle in a big match in Croke Park and were worthy winners. Too many of the Down team that played so well against us were quiet today.

Happy for Donncha O'Connor and Conor Counihan himself. Both have shipped some harsh criticism from the Cork support in the recent past. I've met Counihan a few times and he is an absolute gent.

Roll on next May - only 8 months away!
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:46 pm

Hats off to Johnny Doyle - confirmed as the Championship Top Scorer - hopefully that secures him an All-Star....

Hopefully Counihan shares a few tips with Geezer when they next meet up...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 9:52 pm

the sunday game best 15 should be good
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 10:17 pm

the sunday game best 15 should be good

All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:06 am

GaaHead wrote:
Hats off to Johnny Doyle - confirmed as the Championship Top Scorer - hopefully that secures him an All-Star....

Hopefully Counihan shares a few tips with Geezer when they next meet up...

The Cork and Kildare camps have very close relationships over the last couple of years... a few challenges, fairly regular contact between the managements.... and a lot of tips and advice shared.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next