Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Club Final

Go down 
+7
ohluckyme
carra2323
Ogie
Big Full Back
kelf
losthope
ripvanwinkle
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

All Ireland Club Final Empty
PostSubject: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 7:13 am

I know crossmaglen kicked a few silly chances away at the end but that was some game today, the shooting from both sides was absolutely top notch. hard hiting, a lot of fouls too but the desire of both teams was unbelievable!!! hard to see any kildare club team at their best live with them lads......
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 8:07 am

Great game, enjoyed it immensely
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 9:47 am

Dont know what it looked like on the telly but was absorbing. Great day in Croker ( even enjoyed the hurling & that's not easy for this Biffo to say when we lost !!!!)
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 10:15 am

Enjoyed both games today. Hopefully Garrycastle didn't leave it behind. Would have liked to see them break Crossmaglen's stranglehold on club titles but all in all hopefully the replay is just as good.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 12:21 pm

Just puts Athy into perspective
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Was an excellent game in spite of the ref trying to make an absolute balls of it. Never have i seen a senior game reffed as bad. All Ireland finals and big games like that the GAA should be able to sub the ref. If he was a played he would have been hooked after 5 minutes. Cross had the chances to kick them out the gate but Garrycastle hung on in there. Like Tyrone with Canavan in 2003 i'd like to see Garrycastle win just so Dessie Dolan gets an All Ireland medal, But sport doesnt work like that. other wise Glen Dermot John Doyle and Rainbow would have trollys of them!
Back to top Go down
carra2323
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:52 pm

Jasus that ref was one of the worse I've seen for a while, but credit to the two teams for keeping to trying to play football. Great comeback from Crossmaglen.

Garrycastle have been involved in some cracking games this year, a very good tussle with Athy, withstood a great comeback from St. Brigids of Dublin and had a great semi final with St. Brigids of Roscommon and then throw in yesterdays final. Looking forward to the replay now.
Back to top Go down
ohluckyme
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 8:15 am

The Ref lads in fairness done his best.....................to make an absolute farce of a great game of football. With the way he refereed, both teams could very easily have got involved in off the ball stuff etc but they choose not to.
There was some serious hits, great blocks, great scores, and yes both teams proved they were human with both having chances to win but not taking there chance. I for one will be at the replay.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 4:22 am

crossmaglen are pure class
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:34 am

ohluckyme
Your comment on the drawn game ref: Today as Croos scored their first 2 scores a Garrycastle player was clobbered off the ball. Duffy ignored it both times. Game was over from that moment.

For top games like this teams are given a schedule, time to arrive , time to take the field etc.

I did not see the pre-match bits.

Is it true that that when Garrycastle took the field Crosshaving already been on the field just so happened to have returned to the entrace area and were squatting in the team photo area.

Of course it was not a deliberate attempt to upset GC, just a coincidence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:13 pm

kelf wrote:
ohluckyme
Your comment on the drawn game ref: Today as Croos scored their first 2 scores a Garrycastle player was clobbered off the ball. Duffy ignored it both times. Game was over from that moment.

For top games like this teams are given a schedule, time to arrive , time to take the field etc.

I did not see the pre-match bits.

Is it true that that when Garrycastle took the field Crosshaving already been on the field just so happened to have returned to the entrace area and were squatting in the team photo area.

Of course it was not a deliberate attempt to upset GC, just a coincidence !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You obviously missed Aaron Kernan being hit off the ball before the game started kelf - you need to remove the midlands specs! Garrycastle blew their chance the last day, they knew what they were getting into with Cross and they weren't able. That's nothing to be ashamed of. Better teams have suffered at their hands. They'll do physical, they do psychological and they'll do football. Excellent team after all the shite that has gone on up there, I would never, ever begrudge them one bit of it. The fact that they're a brilliant team, that is the absolute synopsis of what a club means, makes it all the better.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 4:32 am

Ogie

Is it true,,,,,,, is the start of a question !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I did omit the question mark, so sorry about that !!!

As I said "I did not see the pre-match bits." I do not condone any player being hit before the game or off the ball.

But I see the photo on Indo today showing Cross taking over the photo op just as the opposition are coming onto the field and I believe its proves that bit of gamesmanship.

I assume that led on to the aggro at time and in the parade. Of course Garrycastle were totally at fault ! ! ! ! ! ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cross were just getting their photo taken as normal !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:08 am

Gamesmanship is part of it.... if you can't deal with it, take up something solitary like Patience. I'm not blaming anyone. There is no place for blame or excuses in a game where one team blows the other out of the water.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 am

Reminds me of the Ireland v England rugby match when Martin Johnson refused to move his team near the red carpet. Gerrycastle were rattled even before a ball was kicked and Crossmaglen knew it.
Back to top Go down
lastline
Intercounty
Intercounty
lastline

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 9:17 am

6 all Ireland club titles speak for itself. There a powerhouse club. If you gonna beat them your gonna have to match and be better than them in every aspect of the game. Mentally, physically ,on the ball, off it etc. They are good at so many parts of the game its unreal. seem to be able to produce up and coming talent too. How many clubs would be still hanging on to the mcentee bros and francie bellew. I'm sure these lads didn't loose their football ability. A lot of successful clubs ignore the youth structure when winning county titles. Obviously cross are not one of these clubs. As much as I'd like to see different clubs win ai club c/ship each year I can't begrudge them their success
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:01 pm

Im sick of Cross being made out to be angels. They obviously had a plan to rattle Garrycastle and it worked a treat. They are experts in off the ball fouling and mouthing. They play great football but mind games is a huge part of their game plan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Club Final   All Ireland Club Final Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Club Final
Page 1 of 1