Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..

Go down 
+19
bag of white
Stonecold
Ogie
Derfil
GaaHead
centreback
Lily8
Misneach
bloodsub
kickingking
paddypower
hawker
Jimmy winning matches
lilypremier
ChopperDalton
tomcruise
bob12
walsheman
analysis
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 6:39 pm

I wouldn't be knocking on Counihan's door for any advice. Yet again they stumble over the line. They were shocking in the 1st half, 31 minutes before 1st score from play!! They completely dominated mid-field and only won by a point. Counihan sets up his team like a team 20 years ago, 3 full forwards standing about, yet again he stumbled onto the right set-up and they kicked loadsa "Hail Mary" points. 9 points from frees, I wouldn't be bringing a spare pair of jocks if we ever played them.
Back to top Go down
analysis
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Not trying to bring down the mood, but I'm pretty confident , playing at our best, Kildare would have beaten that Cork team that played yesterday, I'm fairly sure Kavanagh, Smith or Leper would've gotten a goal or 2 to win it, oh the possibiliies, Bring on 2011!!

Disgrace on the Sunday game, having Doyle sitting there and having the nerve not to include him in team of the year, Delighted for Kelly and Bolton though, some consolation.

Loved Dermots interviiew on Sat night, very moving.

Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Cork won the All Ireland without putting in one outstanding 70 minute performance throughout the championship. They were good in the 2nd half yesterday but I don't think they'll form any sort of dynasty.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:58 pm

ah lads, they have the Cup... end of.... they beat the team that beat Kildare... you can be confident all you like but Kerry and Tyrone will be back in teh pot next year. As mcCartan said yesterday, getting back to Croke Park seems a long way away to him right now. Of course we're contenders but that's all. Cork are the champions. You don't have to like it but it's all about winning.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:48 pm

I don't think anybody is denying them their win but will it go down as a great team or a great championship for Cork? No.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:12 pm

If you picked the allstar team properly over the whole championship i think cork would be lucky to get 2.Its the same old crap like sunday game ,how could they have the cork keeper as the best in championship.By the way i hated watching it as kept coming into my head it should have been us.Imagine how the players felt.Hopefully it drives them on to bigger and better things
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:45 pm

It wasn't a football classic but for a neutral observer it went right down to the wire just what the doctor ordered.
Now that Cork have got that monkey off their back they'll be even more dangerous, Cork have been consistently one of the best two or 3 teams in the country for the last 3 or 4 years, the closer they got to the holy grail an element of fear crept into their game which was evident in the first half yesterday, O'Connor was outstanding in the second half he singlehandedly turned their midfield dominance into the all important scores.
Their not unbeatable but I for one wouldn't be looking forward to pulling them out of the hat.
A deserved if narrow win, so congrats to Cork and hard luck on Down who gave it their all but just fell short.
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 12:01 am

I can't get Smiths disallowed point or Coulters square ball goal out of my head and watching the game yesterday I felt that we would have beaten either of those teams on the day but I am truly delighted that Cork beat Down.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:17 am

You've just said it all for me there Stanley, my feelings exactly.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:37 pm

Stonecold wrote:
I don't think anybody is denying them their win but will it go down as a great team or a great championship for Cork? No.

And will they care? no. And would Kildare's players and management swap places with them? yes
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:56 pm

U stalking me Ogie???
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:52 am

Stonecold wrote:
U stalking me Ogie???

haha... no, no... i just like to hang around places where hell is being raised!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..   All Ireland Final...still heartbroken.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland Final...still heartbroken..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2