Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

All Ireland 2023

Go down 
+85
rgb
The rising sun
Lanemusic
Dermot Hennessy
bite the pillow
StCocas-abu
intheback
donnellyshollow
Big Full Back
ClaneLillywhite
micky murphy
totalgaa
OutSideOfTheBoot
gunnerman
Blue for you
Botch
Kildare999
Cilldara_2000
newornowhere
Anyonebutthedubs
1993KildareFan
Honthelillies
Kildare98
learmus
Southern Gael
Admin
lobitin
Onechance
seniorhurling
Cassanata
BanjoBarneyFromDonnycarny
srg hartman
LillieLad
Nuxerfromthe50
smokey
Phelo
Ontheterrace
Bigfullforward
cuttothebone
shunta15
lilliesabu
bigball
wingback
BearintheSquare
Lilywhite forever
The flour bags
Liffey Likes
topcat
MD
jimmers
if_in_doubt
lily4fr
really_unofficial_kildare
lily92
shoutitout
TheBigDog#
Taibi
Flamingo
moatesports
Badger85
FlourBag_1
cilldara_abu
MickosMen
KILL BILL
Highball
Gaa1928
steviegenius
Rex
Borderline
TheGreatof1928
Twentyeight
Onhisboot
NorthernLily89
Kildare-Tom
Clubman
murof
SplitThePosts
Shergar
John_R
lilysavage
Thelillywhites
FionnMcCool
kildareking
Ohtoohtobe
TommyKeegan
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 11:22 am

We dont need 15 new starters, we need about 10 additions to the panel from the last 2 * 20s team. This needs to happen over the next 2 years. Younger lads like Sinkey, Harris and Cully can hopefully filter through afterwards when they are finished with 20s .I dont think Flanno is taking the 20s next year but assume he will be involved bringing these lads through.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 12:19 pm

Blue for you wrote:
Just reading all the posts on this topic and all I can surmise is that Kildare GAA people are backstabbsrs of the highest order Up to yesterday lunchtime Ryan was a messiah now he's brandwd as clueless !
Kildare do not have an All Ireland pedigree face it you have won 3 All Irelands the last being 95 years ago in 1928. Tailtean Cup is about Kildares level right now I cannot see you getting any more points from the upcoming games against the Rossies and the Dubs, neither can I see Sligo getting any more points so the game against the Dubs will probably be a slaughterhouse for you and points difference will decide 3rd and 4rh spot between you and Sligo.
Take some CAPITAL advice and stick to the auld Horseracing

Slan leat !

In service day in school today I take it? Mammy really should take the Wi-Fi router to work with her from now on.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 12:40 pm

Some of the abuse of the players is scandalous. sure it was a bad performance but anyone who was the Wicklow game will know we struggle against so callled porrer opposition . Of our starting six forwards against Dublin Ben McCormack was the oldest at 26! And people want to gut the panel, ffs give them a chance. Also the loss of McCormack was massive yesterday and if he is fit we will have a chance against Roscommon and Dublin.
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 12:41 pm

I've always been of the opinion that its not always the managers fault and after Sunday I don't think I've changed my opinion.

Putting on Malone for Cribbin was a strange one and I thought it showed a complete lack of ambition from management but it actually worked and I think we scored 4 on the throt then. From that point they did what Leinster did in the rugby and completely bricked it on the field. They just needed to exercise the muscle between their ears at that point but just imploded.

On the management there are some players there who are amazing athletes, will work hard and run all day for you. Unfortunately they can't kick, tackle, block, shoot, handpass or mark a player. It is managements fault when they choose to put these players in the starting 15.

Leftfoot Rightfoot likes this post

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 12:59 pm

I often wondered if there was an Admin/Moderator on here given some of the stuff written on here in the past. I did see some supposed Dub eejit get pulled up recently, maybe Admin should be monitoring some of our own comments.
Back to top Go down
Blue for you
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 1:09 pm

really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
If someone is on the ground and there is a chance they might get up and hit you then you put your foot on their head and finish them off. You need to be a ruthless bastard to do it but it needs to be done. Mayo, Dublin x2 and now Sligo. I was devastated to miss my first game in 17 years but happy I didn't have to endure that long drive home in the end.

'Put your foot on their head and finsh them off' ?????
An absolutely disgraceful and hate filled comment will the admins ban this poster ???
Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 1:19 pm

Blue for you wrote:
An absolutely disgraceful and hate filled comment will the admins ban this poster ???

I think anyone can see the poster of the comment meant it in a purely football sense and to call it hate filled is a massive giant wokeness leap
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 1:22 pm

BearintheSquare wrote:
Ohtoohtobe wrote:
I was at it which is all too rare for me and despite the disappointment it was great to see the game live.

I think quite a few posters would be better off leaving it a day or two to post after a game. Every time we don’t win words like gutless, stupid, etc are flying here about our management and players.
We’re told they don’t care; when I hear that I wonder do lads know anything about them or have they met any of them?

Like, who doesn’t care? Which ones? Eoin Doyle, now playing well into his 30s, through injuries and quite often the pain barrier? Neil Flynn, who played a stormer in 2021 hours after burying his father? Mark Donnellan, Mick O’Grady or David Hyland, each available for practically every game for a decade? Kevin Feely, who must have put in unreal work to recover from a horror injury in record time? Who are we talking about when we say “they” don’t care/have no guts/are stupid?

If anything I’d say they care too much and the same could be said of a lot of posters here.

I’d be worried already about the abuse 19/20 year olds will have to come through in the next few seasons from their own fans. Lads who go on about getting rid of the entire squad and starting again would be saying the same thing after half a season of younger players struggling.
It’s a serious step up in pace and class and it takes a few seasons for young players to adapt to it.

On that note, well done to Alex Beirne who I thought played well. A classic example of someone who is working hard to get better and has come through his own fans telling him he’s not good enough and recommending we drop him before he’d even turned 21. He’s shown plenty of resilience and will be a good player for us.

Thoughtful criticism is fine but try to remember players are people and they want to do well. If they didn’t care they wouldn’t play.

Genuinely dont blame the players for yesterdays defeat. Hoe can you when you see the decisions made on the line!

Beirne got through a lot of work but no man can do it on his own.

This is hilarious. Your first sentence is absolving the players of blame and your next is blaming players for not working hard enough.

Did Glenn tell the others to do nothing and let Beirne do everything?

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 2:03 pm

Blue for you wrote:
really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
If someone is on the ground and there is a chance they might get up and hit you then you put your foot on their head and finish them off. You need to be a ruthless bastard to do it but it needs to be done. Mayo, Dublin x2 and now Sligo. I was devastated to miss my first game in 17 years but happy I didn't have to endure that long drive home in the end.

A Dublin fan that found the time to set up an account and post on a Kildare GAA forum because there are no protests to attend in Dublin today. Yawn.

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ontheterrace
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 2:07 pm

BearintheSquare wrote:

Genuinely dont blame the players for yesterdays defeat. Hoe can you when you see the decisions made on the line!

So the men on the line are responsible for: an inability to score simple points; an inability to complete a simple pass; an inability to not get black/red carded; an inability to hold onto a three point lead for four minutes ?

You've answered your own question .....no man can do it on his own is right, not if he's carrying half a team !
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 3:04 pm

Ontheterrace wrote:
BearintheSquare wrote:

So the men on the line are responsible for: an inability to score simple points; an inability to complete a simple pass; an inability to not get black/red carded; an inability to hold onto a three point lead for four minutes ?

You've answered your own question .....no man can do it on his own is right, not if he's carrying half a team !

That’s what a coach does. Coaches the team to do all of the above. If they’re not doing it, then that’s a clear breakdown in whatever is being coached. I have big doubts about what instructions are being given to the players, or what they’re actually doing in training.

You can say players should have a basic level of skill. I agree. But if there’s no need for coaches then why do we have them at all? We have coaches because, as is in every sport, even the best of sportsmen and women require coaching.

If players can’t do basic hand passes, work on it!

If they can’t take easy points, work on it!

If they don’t have a solid game plan, work on it!

Coach the team!

KILL BILL, Twentyeight, John_R and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
BearintheSquare
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 3:15 pm

Ontheterrace wrote:
BearintheSquare wrote:

But if theres better men on the line who arent introduced when the game is screaming for them whos fault is it then???....
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 3:21 pm

BearintheSquare wrote:
Ontheterrace wrote:
BearintheSquare wrote:

But if theres better men on the line who arent introduced when the game is screaming for them whos fault is it then???....

We were 3 up with a few minutes left against the mighty Sligo and you're on here blaming management?

You haven't a clue.
Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 5:04 pm

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 5:16 pm

I think enigmatic is a fair description - post Geezer, we have become hands down the most wildly unpredictable team in the country.

Go back to 2018 - I genuinely don’t think any other team in the country could lose to Carlow and beat Mayo in the same championship.

Similarly, I’m struggling to think of another county who, in the space of 18 months, could beat Dublin, draw with Kerry and then fail to beat Sligo.

In a way, the unpredictability is our only real hope going into Dublin game. On the face of it, you would think morale would be low and Dublin will hockey us, with Roscommon delivering the knockout blow.

On the other hand, I have given up trying to anticipate the team’s performances. Their lurches in form are insane, unparalleled... So I guess they might redeem themselves over next two matches. I won’t be expecting much, but again, that’s when this team seems to produce their best performances.

It’s not a particularly good sign of a team, that they crumble at the first sign of expectation, but what can you do.

Whoever’s in charge next year, by Jesus they have a job on their hands fixing the team’s mentality... I don’t envy them.

Sidebar: I know the team are working with a sports psychologist this year. I’m a sceptic about that whole area, there’s an awful lot of bullshit, but you’d have to wonder what exactly our guy/girl is contributing. They’re flakier than ever.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 5:27 pm

In terms of the blame ratio, I don’t think Glenn is particularly good at certain tactical elements. Once again, we struggled to break down a mass defence, and has there been any attention to remedy the lack of goal chances all year? If there has, I can’t see it.

From the players’ point of view, failing to see the game out when they were 3 up with an extra man in final stages is utterly abysmal, inexcusable. Again speaks to their mental fragility & lack of game intelligence.

So you can spread the blame around I guess, but it’s still yet another shit-show, which we’re all very weary of at this stage.

Ontheterrace likes this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 5:40 pm

I think from the players point of view with the 3 minutes to go. The team lack composure which is what happened at the end. When you compare the under 20s composure and mental strength there is no comparsion and thats down to management.
Is it Cribbin that’s involved with the psychology side of things at u20 level?
If so, bring him in to f*** for these remaining games can’t do any harm.

Last edited by Thelillywhites on Mon May 22, 2023 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Liffey Likes likes this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 6:12 pm

Thelillywhites wrote:
I think from the players point of view with the 3 minutes to go. The team lack composure which is what happened at the end. When you compare the under 20s composure and mental strength there is no comparsion and thats down to management.
There is a world of difference between u20 and senior football. You can't compare the two. Anyway glen Ryan brought us very close to winning an u21 all Ireland.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 7:44 pm

newornowhere wrote:
Thelillywhites wrote:
There is a world of difference between u20 and senior football. You can't compare the two. Anyway glen Ryan brought us very close to winning an u21 all Ireland.

Yes, you would expect senior players to have greater composure and greater mental strength than U20 players.

Taibi and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
newornowhere
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 9:10 pm

jimmers wrote:
newornowhere wrote:
Thelillywhites wrote:

Yes, you would expect senior players to have greater composure and greater mental strength than U20 players.

Senior intercounty football is the pinnacle of the game. Numerous players on the present panel won an u20 an all Ireland not so long ago replicating that at senior is different gravy
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 9:23 pm

Sadly it's goodnight Vienna. I really though we had turned a corner after the Dublin game and decent display V Wicklow. Unfortunately not. I was wrong. I gave them credit for the Dublin display and their last 2 league games and rightly so but to compete with the best we're absolutely nowhere near it.

We just can't get any consistency and it's depressing as fuck. Dublin will annihilate us and Roscommon will finish us off quite Comfortably too. That there can be no doubt. Even if we did manage to secure last 12 with only one point ahead of Sligo, does anyone really want that? Will anyone give a shit? To see us embarrassed again in the next game? Further humiliation for a county of our size. It's beyond a joke now.

It was brilliant winning the U/20 AI last week. Fantastic stuff. But I'd be worried that they just won't make it at senior level. It's a massive step up. Some say the future is bright I sadly have my doubts. Hate to be negative but it's Kildare after all.

Back to top Go down
FlourBag_1
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2023 10:30 am

Pretty evident from Kevin Feely on Lillies Living podcast that the main reason Nowlan Park was chosen was for more gate receipts. Not a bit surprising, very disappointing from the county board.
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2023 10:40 am

FlourBag_1 wrote:
Pretty evident from Kevin Feely on Lillies Living podcast that the main reason Nowlan Park was chosen was for more gate receipts. Not a bit surprising, very disappointing from the county board.

Kildare picked Nowlan Park because they can have Portlaoise for the Roscommon game! Notng to do with gate receipts.

Thin Blue Line likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2023 10:41 am

FlourBag_1 wrote:

Not saying it is a excuse for the poor performance against Sligo but when your county board are concentrated on generating a bit more money rather than giving the team the best chance of winning it must be discouraging.

I understand with funding needed and the work going on in St Conleths the money is needed but there are better ways of doing this. Should not be done at the expense of the senior team.

Thelillywhites likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2023 10:50 am

Cassanata wrote:
FlourBag_1 wrote:

Not saying it is a excuse for the poor performance against Sligo but when your county board are concentrated on generating a bit more money rather than giving the team the best chance of winning it must be discouraging.

I understand with funding needed and the work going on in St Conleths the money is needed but there are better ways of doing this. Should not be done at the expense of the senior team.

You can't keep blaming the county board for our team doing shite!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Ireland 2023   All Ireland 2023 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Ireland 2023
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next