Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2023 Ladies Football

Go down 
+5
OutTheGap
lilysavage
Kildare-Tom
kelf
really_unofficial_kildare
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Intercounty
Intercounty

2023 Ladies Football Empty
PostSubject: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime17/5/2023, 17:10

I think they deserve their own thread.

This year from u14 to senior they have been fantastic. U14 hammering Dublin and then beating Kerry to make an All-Ireland semi final against Mayo in a couple of weeks. U16 just losing out to Dublin in the Leinster Final after being 7 up at half time. The minors in a Leinster A final tonight against Longford after swatting aside Dublin, Meath etc.

Then there are the seniors under Diane O'Hora. Brought in a few of the minors as starters this year and only lost one game all year (by a point to Louth) and winning division 3. Three comprehensive wins in their group stages of the Leinster Intermediate championship has them in a semi final.. against Louth!!

Huge work going on behind the scenes and all fighting to get the best for their teams. We know the struggle that must be after seeing the shit show that is going on with the Camogie players.
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime18/5/2023, 03:53

And the Minors won Leinster AGAIN ===== 1 - 23 V Longford last night was some scoring ==

That was an important win v Wexford in the Inter as it gives a Home Semi Final and scoring 5 goals !!!

Mag O'Neill & her Committee doing great work, then she is a Raheens woman !!!!!!!!!!!

really_unofficial_kildare likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime18/5/2023, 22:47

Sallins woman

really_unofficial_kildare likes this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime22/5/2023, 01:10

Needed a big performance against a Louth team that are the only team to defeat them all year. They turned up and put in a devastating performance to book their place in the final next weekend. Ruthless.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime21/7/2023, 14:58

I see the LGFA have fixed Kildare v Wexford for 4pm Sunday in Parnell Park. Someone must have thought it was a good idea to go head to head with the All Ireland hurling final AND in its backyard.
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime4/8/2023, 15:53

Going to be some game next week. Kildare with a narrow win down in Ennis then came from two points down in the second half of extra time in the league final. I think Clare have the ex-Eadestown manager at the helm. Could be wrong there.

Also, the minor girls have won back-to-back minor Leinster titles and face Galway in the Minor All Ireland final tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime4/8/2023, 17:49

really_unofficial_kildare wrote:
Going to be some game next week. Kildare with a narrow win down in Ennis then came from two points down in the second half of extra time in the league final. I think Clare have the ex-Eadestown manager at the helm. Could be wrong there.

Also, the minor girls have won back-to-back minor Leinster titles and face Galway in the Minor All Ireland final tomorrow.

Yes Wayne Freeman is Clare manager.
Kildare should win if they don't get caught up in the hype
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime4/8/2023, 18:54

Best of luck to the minor ladies in the All-Ireland final against Galway.

A brilliant achievement getting this far. Hopefully they will finish the job tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime6/8/2023, 17:40

Hard luck to the minors girls but once again they were built up for a fall with all the interviews, social media attention etc. It's great and all that but way over the top! Hopefully the seniors block it all out or tell county board they don't want all these good luck messages posted all over social media. Just a simple text to the group is enough.
Everyone wants a bit of players before finals but if they team loses... players are forgotten about.
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime6/8/2023, 19:00

Hard luck to the minors. Got off to a great start but the longer the game went on the more Galway got on top. Too many moves broke down for us. I thought we tried to kick the ball too much. With the wind and the rain, it was a day for moving the ball through the hands. Credit to the girls and management on a great year all the same.

On a related note, when is the last time we beat Galway in a competitive match, mens or ladies, club or county, senior or underage? I could be wrong but the last one I can remember was in the league in 1985 when Larry Tompkins scored a great goal. A lot of painful defeats in the meantime!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime13/8/2023, 15:36

Well done to the ladies, great to win another All Ireland.

OutTheGap, Gaa1928, bite the pillow, Thelillywhites, Southern Gael and OutSideOfTheBoot like this post

Back to top Go down
Thelillywhites
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime13/8/2023, 22:17

Great for the county well done to the ladies team. It was great to see big support for the Kildare team in Croke Park Cill Dara abu

OutTheGap, lilysavage, bite the pillow and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime16/8/2023, 15:42

Massive congrats to our ladies on bringing home another All Ireland for 2023. Fantastic result.

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime25/10/2023, 12:02

I hear the kildare ladies are refusing to play ontill the co board members step down. They voted No of confidence & have sent letter into county board via their FLO
Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime26/10/2023, 13:18

Kildare-Tom wrote:
I hear the kildare ladies are refusing to play ontill the co board members step down. They voted No of confidence & have sent letter into county board via their FLO

Can you give any context behind the dispute Tom ?
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime26/10/2023, 14:26

Kildare-Tom wrote:

Where did you hear or read that?
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime26/10/2023, 14:37

Kildare-Tom wrote:

From a member of the panel. County board had a meeting last night & Diane wasn't officially ratified
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime26/10/2023, 15:10

After the year that they have had. I would be very very surprised.
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime26/10/2023, 16:14

After the year that they have had. I would be very very surprised.

The management & players want high standards but unfortunately weren't met by county board last year.
It's a know fact the county board aren't the best
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime26/10/2023, 16:15

Kildare-Tom wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:

From a member of the panel. County board had a meeting last night & Diane wasn't officially ratified

When Diane came on board it was officially until the end of 2024. Can't imagine much has changed there so no need for official ratification. Anyone I have spoken to are delighted with Diane and her management team. There didn't seem to be any issues with the County Board this year either and a good atmosphere around the ladies team probably helped them win three trophies.
Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime26/10/2023, 22:02

Kildare-Tom wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:

When Diane came on board it was officially until the end of 2024. Can't imagine much has changed there so no need for official ratification. Anyone I have spoken to are delighted with Diane and her management team. There didn't seem to be any issues with the County Board this year either and a good atmosphere around the ladies team probably helped them win three trophies.

Chat with anyone of the squad & you'll get your answer & also the letter was read out at the county board meeting last night. County board are refusing to send letter to clubs
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime7/11/2023, 14:37

Kildare-Tom wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:

Chat with anyone of the squad & you'll get your answer & also the letter was read out at the county board meeting last night. County board are refusing to send letter to clubs

Hi Kildare Tom,

Just wanted to come on here to apologise for questioning you over highlighting the issue with the players and the county board. The information is breaking in the media this week and the article below in the Leader brilliantly outlines all the issues currently ongoing. Your word is gospel in my eyes going forward. Very Happy

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/sport/1341961/kildare-ladies-air-their-grievances-in-letters-to-county-board.html

Kildare-Tom likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare-Tom
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime7/11/2023, 15:17

Kildare-Tom wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:
Kildare-Tom wrote:

Hi Kildare Tom,

Just wanted to come on here to apologise for questioning you over highlighting the issue with the players and the county board. The information is breaking in the media this week and the article below in the Leader brilliantly outlines all the issues currently ongoing. Your word is gospel in my eyes going forward. Very Happy

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/sport/1341961/kildare-ladies-air-their-grievances-in-letters-to-county-board.html

Absolute no need to apologise! You keep up the great work your doing!

Yep it's been in pipeline all year but in fairness to players the said noting & done talking on pitch. But then decided enough was enough. I know from very good sources the County board will look after themselves before anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime7/11/2023, 15:37

There should be an agreed and published budget for all inter county teams in the county and an annual report for each team at year end explaining all expenditure incurred.

All sponsorship deals should also be disclosed.
Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime8/11/2023, 10:58

Have to hand it to Daragh for that report. As much detail as he could possibly squeeze into an article and sheds a lot of light on the back and forth between the CB and players/management over the last while.

Kildare-Tom likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2023 Ladies Football   2023 Ladies Football Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2023 Ladies Football
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next