Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th

Go down 
+5
carra2323
kildarecat
GaaHead
kickingking
Rex
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Empty
PostSubject: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:22 am

Just reading through the minutes that are linked on the Official website and a couple of interesting things are evident.

This is the full transcript.

Leinster Council September 2010 County Board Report
Leinster Council Meeting August 4th 2010

Leinster Club Championship Fixtures 2010

Following debate the meeting decided that all arrangements made at the meeting of Leinster CCC on 10.2.2010 - and sanctioned at the meeting of Comhairle Laighean on 1.3.2010 should stand.

Leinster Minor Championship Proposals 2011

John Horan, Chairman Leinster Coaching and Games Development Committee, presented a comprehensive set of proposals for the organisation of next year’s Leinster Minor Hurling and Football Championships, which will ensure that duplication of fixtures will not occur. A year too late for our lads.

Following discussion, the proposals were adopted in principle. However it was agreed that they be circulated to each County Committee so that amendments, if any, might be submitted for next meeting of Comhairle Laighean CLG.

Leinster Senior Hurling Championship 2011

It was noted that there is likely to be nine counties in next year’s Leinster Senior Hurling Championship. A number of proposals, with regard to format, were discussed.

It was agreed to discuss possible implications for Qualifiers with National CCCC. Based on their response the Leinster CCC will prepare format / draw proposals for next Council meeting.

Leinster Senior Football Championship 2011

All Counties were invited to prepare possible Home and Away arrangements for First Round and Quarter Finals of Leinster S.F.C. 2011 and onwards. The Kildare Delegates made the point that a Home and Away arrangement could disadvantage Kildare as depending on Kildare’s opponents the capacity in Newbridge could be a problem.
What's wrong with Neutral venues as it is now

Submission of Proposals

Proposals in respect of S.H.C. and S.F.C. i.e. format / venues etc. should be submitted by Counties to Aras Laighean by September 14th 2010.

Review of Other Championship Grades

The meeting reviewed all other Championship grades and a number of suggestions were put to the floor. There was a proposal from Kildare that the Under 21 Football Championship be played under lights, midweek, at a neutral venue. Bad idea if you ask me, could kill it off altogether.

Decision: It was agreed that Counties should discuss these suggestions and then forward their proposals, if any, to Comhairle Laighean - in respect of format, draws, dates, venues etc. - by September 14th 2010.

O’ Byrne Cup S.F. 2011

The meeting discussed a proposal - put forward by Games Manager, Shane Flanagan about having an intercharge system in O’ Byrne Cup 2011 - i.e. similar to the system used in the International Rules Series.
Good idea in my opinion only problem it would never be allowed in championship so what's the point. But I'd like to see it tried.

Counties are to consider this also and are asked to respond by September 14th 2010.

Infrastrusture Matters

(a) An Cathaoirleach updated the meeting on the present status of development projects throughout the province.

(b) Correspondence from NISC advised of an upcoming comprehensive assessment of the Safe Ground Capacity and a Health and Safety Audit of all County Grounds and nominated Secondary Grounds. This assessment will be carried out at Leinster grounds in September 2010.

An Cathaoirleach, supported by Jim Bolger of the NISC, encouraged counties to submit the requested documentation as quickly as possible. [It was noted that only two (2) Leinster Counties had responded to date].

The meeting was advised that should a ground not be audited it will not be eligible for consideration for Championship fixtures in 2011.

Leinster Senior Football Final - 11.7.2010

An Cathaoirleach gave the meeting a very thorough outline of the events surrounding the aftermath of the Leinster S.F.C. Final - Lu v An Mhi - on 11.7.2010. He thanked both the County Boards and their Officers, for their assistance, co-operation and courtesy in their dealings with the Council Officers during that time.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:03 am

JME wrote:
Leinster Senior Football Championship 2011

All Counties were invited to prepare possible Home and Away arrangements for First Round and Quarter Finals of Leinster S.F.C. 2011 and onwards. The Kildare Delegates made the point that a Home and Away arrangement could disadvantage Kildare as depending on Kildare’s opponents the capacity in Newbridge could be a problem.

I'd actually support this suggestion. Obviously it wouldn't work with the Dubs or Meath but I don't see why we couldn't put Home & Away arrangements in place with all the other counties. Our quarter-final this year with Louth only drew a few thousand to Navan. Last year we played Offaly in Portlaoise and Wexford in Carlow and neither attendance exceeded 10,000.

Newbridge could probably accomodate 12,000 at a push and I think that would be more than sufficient for matches against the likes of Louth, Wexford, Longford, Offaly, Wicklow etc. The two qualifiers this year in Newbridge were around the 8,000 mark IIRC.

Home & Away fixtures would create a far better atmosphere than playing at a half-way point like Portlaoise or Navan and the sunshine supporters might be more inclined to get up off their arses if the match is on only down the road. It worked well 15-20 years ago and was only done away with when the GAA had to justify the redevlopment of Croke Park so the majority of Leinster Championship matches were played there from the mid-nineties onwards.

JME wrote:

The meeting reviewed all other Championship grades and a number of suggestions were put to the floor. There was a proposal from Kildare that the Under 21 Football Championship be played under lights, midweek, at a neutral venue. Bad idea if you ask me, could kill it off altogether.

Stupid suggestion. Midweek games can work but only during the summer IMO. It works well with the u21 hurling championship and I don't see any reason why they don't do it with the football. The u21 championship was played during the summer up until a few years ago. When we won the Leinster u21 in 2004 we played Mayo in the All-Ireland semi-final at the start of September. For me, the u21 championship has lost some of its attraction since it has been moved to the spring. I'm less inclined to travel to an u21 championship match on a Saturday if the senior county team are playing a League match on the Sunday - which is the case more often than not.

JME wrote:

O’ Byrne Cup S.F. 2011

The meeting discussed a proposal - put forward by Games Manager, Shane Flanagan about having an intercharge system in O’ Byrne Cup 2011 - i.e. similar to the system used in the International Rules Series.
Good idea in my opinion only problem it would never be allowed in championship so what's the point. But I'd like to see it tried.

Seems a bit pointless if the League and Championship will continue to have the five standard substitues allowed.

I suppose the O'Byrne Cup is seen as something of a development competition anyway so it would enable county managers to try out a greater number of players. Maybe there's some logic to it afterall.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:12 am

I wonder how long the minutes of the meetings will be posted on the website, especially if us in the mad house start paying attention to them hahaha

John Horan, Chairman Leinster Coaching and Games Development Committee, presented a comprehensive set of proposals for the organisation of next year’s Leinster Minor Hurling and Football Championships, which will ensure that duplication of fixtures will not occur. A year too late for our lads. Agreed....

I believe it's to do with costs JME... So I was told, but it wasn't elaborated on....

Agreed, but I think it will give game time to more players, especially at the time of year it's at... Worked to great effect in school's and ladies competitions this year....

This is a very good idea. It frees up the weekends for club games. How many times in the past have club games been held over due to U21 matches, especially with Kildare doing well in recent years??? And you would be surprised how many people it might attract mid-week under lights.... And pardon me for criticising you kickingking, but you might be more inclined to attend both now, if one of the games was mid-week
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 3:36 am

GaaHead wrote:
I wonder how long the minutes of the meetings will be posted on the website, especially if us in the mad house start paying attention to them hahaha

As long as there there Head we may as well comment on them. But as you say how long for.

As for the under lights idea, you make very valid points. It's a pity Newbridge doesn't have floodlights, but then again if it went to a club ground it may get a better support.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 7:09 am

How about getting rid of the totally pointless O'Byrne Cup altogether and that O'Byrne shield they added in recently to free up valuable space in the calender to fit in more meaningful competitions like the said Under 21's. Isn't the GAA calender already log-jam with competitions at both county and inter county level anyway. Amazing a competition like the O'Byrne Cup takes precedent over the u21's?
Oh but that would be breaking with their precious tradition!.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 8:28 am

Nothing wrong with the O'Byrne cup, sure the Sigerson takes preference over all of them which I'm not in favour of . But we have had that argument before.
Back to top Go down
carra2323
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 6:34 pm

The O'Byrne is more like pre season, sure it's not fun going to with the weather but sure with the 'training ban" in december it's really the first steps of preperation for the new season.

I'd like the U21 to be midweek games under lights but played at the same time as the Hurling U21 championship. Then you could have a double header final in Croke park. Why shouldn't the U21's get to experience AI final day in Croker.

As for the minor proposal I'd like some of whatever there on for the people who came up with that system. Like Dublin could have lost to us, then beat us and Longford and lose the final and still be in it!!!! WTF I think that definitley cost us a minor Leinster and who knows what else.

I think the inter change is grand at the moment and home and away would be grand for everyone bar Dublin but we might get away with playing everyone else at home or away.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:19 am

leave rules the way they are
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:41 am

I don't think they'll take them down. They have been put up, presumably, so that we DO debate them... because all too often, us in the clubs haven't a clue what's going on because there are so many donkeys of delegates who never bring word back, or when the minutes go into the secretary's file.... this way, we all know. I think it's brilliant and fair play to the board. Hope they put up the minutes of the county board meetings too
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:13 am

if its not broke dont try to fix it!!!
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:54 pm

Leinster Council Minutes - Meeting 30.09.10

Sean Kilbride, Social Inclusion Project Manager, gave a comprehensive presentation on ‘’The GAA Social Initiative’’, which was the brainchild of President Mary McAleese.

Leinster Club S.F.C. and S.H.C. – Extra time will be played in all games except Final.

Leinster JHC competition will take place again in 2010 for exclusive Junior clubs.

The various Championship formats for 2011 were discussed.
* Minor Football Championship
2 seeded groups.
Group 1- Dublin, Kildare, Offaly, Meath, Longford and Laois.
Group 2 – Carlow, Kilkenny, Louth, Wexford, Westmeath and Wicklow.
Structure of competition to remain as 2010. ie Knockout with losers round with the following exceptions-
1. Kilkenny can only be drawn in Round 1 and losers round against other teams from Group 2.
2. Draws will be conducted from Quarter Final stage to avoid repeat fixtures.

* Leinster U 21 Football
Home or Away, midweek, under lights. Athy designated as the home ground for Kildare.

* Leinster Minor Hurling Championship
All teams will take part in Championship proper.
Three seeded groups-
Group 1- Kilkenny, Dublin.
Group 2 – Carlow, Laois, Wexford, Offaly.
Group 3 – Kildare, Westmeath, Meath, Wicklow.
Each team from Group 3 will play each other in Round 1. Winners will progress to play Group 2 teams and so on while losers from Round 1 will take part in All Ireland ‘B’ Championship.

* Senior Football Championship
Draw will be live on RTE on Thursday.
Preliminary Round will be on a Home or Away basis with the exception of Kildare v Wicklow.
Teams in Preliminary Round Draw - Kildare, Laois, Longford, Wicklow, Offaly, Wexford, Carlow.

A.S.A.P. Programme- It is hoped to have an ASAP policy in each Club and County and an officer in each club before 31st December.

Grants – Decision of the management Committee at their meeting on 08.09.10 was to confine Club Grants to funds received from Ard Comhairle for 2010 and 2011and that applications would be now frozen until the end of 2011.

Transfers
Date Name From To
28/7/10 Thomas O’Grady Rathcoffey Delvin, Westmeath
4/8/10 Martin Flanagan Suncroft Walsh Island, Offaly
18/8/10 Stuart Kennedy Fennell Suncroft St Patrick’sLongford
18/8/10 Cian O’Brien Rathcline, Longford St. Laurences
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th   Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leinster Council meeting minutes August 4th
Page 1 of 1