Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ballymore V Confey

Go down 
+15
Yellow Pearl
Fear An Geata
Jimmy winning matches
homerj
if_in_doubt
lilypremier
The Oracle
Ogie
bloodsub
ElGuerrouj
centreback
rubencarter
walsheman
Lily8
backatlast
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
backatlast
Junior C
Junior C

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:00 am

Think this one could be game of the weekend.

Papers seem to think Gatley is Confeys out and out best player, but this is far from the truth Barry and Kehoe are 2 exceptional players also.

After watchin Ballymore against jtb they seem to be a team that the papers suggest are reliant on a few players however a massive team work ethic is there greatest strength rather than any individual talent.

Both teams are very attacking and dont play any sweepers or that crap. Should be a good positive game of football. Just a pity its not on the same day as the seniors.

I dont mind forking out 40 quid to go to both finals however i suspect i'm one of few. I expect a low attendance for this game.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 2:50 am

Our performance against JTB has resulted in us being favourites but I think it's going to be a very close match.

Apparently Hugh Lynch won't be home for it so he'll surely be a huge loss for Confey.

I agree it would be great if the intermediate and senior final were on the same day as the majority of neutrals will just go to the big one on Sunday.

It should be a good match. Looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:32 am

i reckon lynch will play.
confey by 2 pts
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:26 am

confey by 3points
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:42 am

why wouldnt lynch play where is he??
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:45 am

Canada
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:46 am

If Gately is held then I cant see Confey getting enough scores to win it, especially with Archibald and the two Kavanaghs on form. Ballymore by 5.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:12 am

Frankie Barry and Fitzpatrick (if playing) more than capable of getting scores for Confey as well! Ballymore are rated as favs on the basis of one performance (albeit a very good one) in the semi. Confey have been solid all year, much better league form and most of this team will have the experience of winning an intermediate final two years ago! No brainer for me.

...... never though I'd be arguing Confey's case Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:14 am

Before I say something, tell me this... is Hugh Lynch on holidays? Or what is the story?
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:16 am

yea whats he doin in canada and his club in a championship final?
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:29 am

Ogie wrote:
Before I say something, tell me this... is Hugh Lynch on holidays? Or what is the story?

You'll have to wait until Saturday to find out Wink
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:34 am

By the sounds of that he might be making a surprise return then ElGuerrouj.

On the websites, papers etc it says he wont be back but I have a sneaking feelin meself that he will although for our sake we'd be better off if he stayed away ha
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:41 am

No, I don't care like that... won't even be at the game... but if Hugh Lynch isn't risking never working a day in his life again or having a life-saving operation, and he gives any bit of a toss about his club, he'll be there Saturday. Indeed, I'd expect him to be training this week. It would be no surprise to me or anyone who plays for their club if he showed up to play a county final
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:26 am

just seen him locked outside coppers
Back to top Go down
The Oracle
Intermediate
Intermediate

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:09 am

If Lynch is playing and playing centreback then I will go for Ballymore.

It will be off putting for Confey flying a player back in and making him the lynchpin of the team. Plus I don't think Hughie's style of play will suit centre back at all and his man will have far too much room.

Ballymore have better forwards than defenders so if Lynch plays it should def be in the forwards where he could easily score 5 or 6 points.

If Lynch plays wing forward as he has for most of the year for Confey then I'll give them the nod.
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 7:23 am

Lynch lives in leixlip near me and was talking to him a while back. By the sounds of it I think he wont be playing.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 8:40 am

Hard to know what to believe really, would like to think that any player on the county panel would be around to play for his club in a county final.

Not entirely sure what the deal is with the whole moving to Canada thing either, from what I had heard previously he was just going on holidays over there for a week or two to visit friends.

Have a strange feeling that he'll start tomorrow...

Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 am

A few of the comments here are a bit harsh.
I don't know anything more than that apparently he was going to Canada for a while but nobody knows what his circumstances are if he can't get back.
I wouldn't say he's an asshole if he's not there.
For Ballymore's sake we'd be better off if he wasn't but we'll have to wait and see.
Hopefully it'll be a good match.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:20 am

sure he already has that award ruben he won an intermediate leinster with confey 4 years ago
Back to top Go down
homerj
Intermediate
Intermediate

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:11 am

did he play heard nothing except ballymore won didnt get to it either heard full forward for confey was excellent again
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 4:30 am

hugh failed to show up
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:40 am

jimmers had great game today
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:19 am

Well done Ballymore. Totally deserved win.

Wasn't a great game though with lots of passing & handling errors.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:40 am

rubencarter wrote:
sure aslong as hes having a nice holiday

Is he not entitled to a holiday?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:28 pm

I think my posts indicate that there may be good reasons for being away - I was overegging it with it being life or death, or he would never work again if he didn't go... there might be an excellent reason. Going on holiday wouldn't be one of them. And he doesn't have to be a county player for that, to apply to. If it's just a holiday, he's made clear statement to his team-mates, neighbours, fundraisers, lads who line the pitch, wash the jersey, collect the money at the gate, sell lotto tickets - it's a 'fuck you' statement. So again, seeing as he didn't make it, I have to believe there's a very good reason and he's just not on holidays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ballymore V Confey Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ballymore V Confey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next