Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare and Ballymore Fixture

Go down 
+10
Sam1928
GaaHead
bloodsub
kildarecat
Yellow Pearl
walsheman
Ogie
Lily8
Jimmy winning matches
howdoyoudo
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
howdoyoudo
Junior C
Junior C

Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Empty
PostSubject: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:51 am

Any truth that the O'Byrne cup final and ballymore games now form a double bill in Navan Sunday. Kildare game at 2, BME at 4.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 4:55 am

kildare playing in newbridge on sunday at 2.30pm it on leinster gaa website
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:38 am

that would be ideal if it was a double header in Navan but i doubt it
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:44 am

it would be easy to make it happen if county board were agreeable... Louth'd be delighted.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 5:49 am

Well you'd imagine there'd be some way around it.
If not a double header in Navan then surely one match could be changed to Saturday.
I'd say we would have a got a lot more at the Leinster Final if Kildare weren't playing at the same time.
We'll have a lot less at the semi final now when it's clashing with a final in Newbridge.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 8:02 am

stupid to clash them,no commen sense
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 9:27 am

walsheman wrote:

Common sense is prohibited in the GAA remember!!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:40 am

Yep the actually coming together of two brain cells within the GAA would most likely cause mass confusion?.

In an ideal world having the Ballymore game on the same card as the O'Byrne Final would be great from a Kildare fans point of view but surely be unfair on Ballymore's opponents?, Ballymore having the advantage of a huge swell of support.

It would have made more sense to have one on Saturday and the other on the Sunday
Back to top Go down
bloodsub
Intercounty
Intercounty
bloodsub

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Newbridgefan wrote:
walsheman wrote:

Common sense is prohibited in the GAA remember!!

Have the county board even requested a double header or looked into the possibility of having one moved? Until they do there's no decision to be made, two separate unrelated competitions that the fixtures have been set for ages.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Why should the County Board request a Double Header? For the first time in years we reach the O'Byrne Cup final and are at home to Louth.

Would it not be unfair to the players who have put in a huge effort so far in the O'Byrne cup to reduce their chances of winning it by taking the game out of Newbridge?

Also what about the gate receipts from the game?
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 12:54 am

There would be no need to move it.... Just have games at different times.... As it stands both are throwing in at 2.30.... NUTS!
Back to top Go down
howdoyoudo
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 1:25 am

fionnmccool i dont think it will reduce there chance of winning at all. and its take a huge effort to win all ireland not obyrne cup. kildare have stumbled there way into the final.

Doubt gate receipts will be too big either but i presume that will be the only reason we wont see a double header as the county board will lose out on a few euro.

As a kildare gaa fan i would like to see both games.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 3:23 am

howdoyoudo wrote:
fionnmccool i dont think it will reduce there chance of winning at all. and its take a huge effort to win all ireland not obyrne cup. kildare have stumbled there way into the final.
Doubt gate receipts will be too big either but i presume that will be the only reason we wont see a double header as the county board will lose out on a few euro.

care to elaborate?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:00 am

Strange comment alright Sam.
Back to top Go down
howdoyoudo
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:20 am

Well they havent steam rolled there way to the final. Playing ok football.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 5:28 am

howdoyoudo wrote:

Jaysis they're all out this weather. Are you Taibi in disguise??

Have you forgotten its January?
Have you forgotten theres bunch of gobshites running the GAA & that colleges have first call on our players.
Have you forgotten the likes of Dermot, Roli, Daryl, Peter Kelly, JD, Rob Kelly, Chalky all missing from the squad.
Come to think of it, have you got a clue??
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 am

fionnmccool wrote:

I was under the impression that all gate receipts from the O'Byrne, McGrath, McKenna, FBD, Walsh Cups go towards the players' injury fund or do the home county board still receive a % of them?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 7:50 am

fionnmccool wrote:
Why should the County Board request a Double Header? For the first time in years we reach the O'Byrne Cup final and are at home to Louth.

Would it not be unfair to the players who have put in a huge effort so far in the O'Byrne cup to reduce their chances of winning it by taking the game out of Newbridge?

Is this a serious comment Fionn? O'Byrne Cup? Unfair? I'd say they wouldn't mind at all playing in Navan... jaysus... teh county board would request a double header if they were thinking of the county, of promotion of the games in the county, giving the youth in particular an opportunity to go see the OBC final and an All-Ireland club semi-final.... but look, there's an U15 final on at the same time as the OBC final, with Bord na nÓg refusing to change it and so another group of youngsters, and many of their connections can't go to Newbridge. Sometimes, as someone who works in a club, it's very, very disheartening.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:08 am

I can understand that Kildare wouldn't want to give up home advantage for the O'Byrne Cup final but there should be one day for county matches and one day for club matches. Surely that would be an easy enough solution. I doubt Louth or Lisnaskea would object to playing on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 8:10 am

Lily4Life wrote:
I can understand that Kildare wouldn't want to give up home advantage for the O'Byrne Cup final but there should be one day for county matches and one day for club matches. Surely that would be an easy enough solution. I doubt Louth or Lisnaskea would object to playing on Saturday.

Lily4life..... Its Kildare County Board we're talking about....... Enough Said....
Back to top Go down
howdoyoudo
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:44 am

i know newbridge fan thats y i said they have stumbled into the final or whatever. dont look to much into there you'll give yourself a heart attack!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 9:43 pm

It is a serious comment Ogie. Answer me this.

How would taking the OBC final out of St Conleths's park possibly promote GAA within the county?
Moving it to Navan, of all places?

The CB will make some money from the fixture, regardless of where the gate receipts are suppose to go.

Also I imagine there will be a big set of Louth fans that will travel down, they might not all have sandwiches in the boot of their car and spend a few Euro around Newbridge.

The last few years people have been giving out about having 4 away matches in the League and 3 Home. We get a home Final for the O'Byrne cup to look forward to and people are talking about moving it to Navan.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:02 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
It is a serious comment Ogie. Answer me this.

How would taking the OBC final out of St Conleths's park possibly promote GAA within the county?
Moving it to Navan, of all places?

The CB will make some money from the fixture, regardless of where the gate receipts are suppose to go.

Also I imagine there will be a big set of Louth fans that will travel down, they might not all have sandwiches in the boot of their car and spend a few Euro around Newbridge.

The last few years people have been giving out about having 4 away matches in the League and 3 Home. We get a home Final for the O'Byrne cup to look forward to and people are talking about moving it to Navan.

Agree to disagree then. I never complained about away games... I just know that more people would have 'the opportunity' to see it if venue was changed. They would, of course, have that opportunity if the date was changed, or the time was changed. As I say, the county board fixing a domestic final at the same time is just incomprehensible.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 10:10 pm

Not sure you can blame the County board for this. They didn't set the O'Byrne final date, they did not make it snow, they did not make nobber call off their visit and I don't think they set the date for the Semi final as that would be from higher up the food chain.

Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitimeWed Jan 26, 2011 11:22 pm

Rex wrote:
Not sure you can blame the County board for this. They didn't set the O'Byrne final date, they did not make it snow, they did not make nobber call off their visit and I don't think they set the date for the Semi final as that would be from higher up the food chain.

agreed on all that, but you could ask and maybe they did... would there have been any problem with one of the finals being on Saturday if not at the same day? Both Leinster competitions, could have asked for a consideration... sure maybe they did and were told no... but Bord na nÓg could definitely have picked some other time to play their final.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kildare and Ballymore Fixture   Kildare and Ballymore Fixture Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare and Ballymore Fixture
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next