Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ballymore V Confey

Go down 
+15
Yellow Pearl
Fear An Geata
Jimmy winning matches
homerj
if_in_doubt
lilypremier
The Oracle
Ogie
bloodsub
ElGuerrouj
centreback
rubencarter
walsheman
Lily8
backatlast
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:01 pm

Hold on here a minute lads. Yesterday was the 16th of October, a little over 10 weeks to Xmas. Hugh Lynch and all the other county players have put their lives on hold until now, for the beloved GAA.
How would ha have known back in Jan or Feb that the countyboard wouldnt run county finals until this late in the year?
Who's to say he's not in Canada for an interview?
Why the fcuk should he put his life on hold, IN OCTOBER, having done so all year?
How many of these county players are down signing on the dole every week? Who can blame them for taking the occasional oppertunity that presents itself.

IN that case, do people think the same of Dermot for having his operation before the county final?
People need to start realising that this is 2010 and theres a lot more important things in life than football. These county players do not owe you, me or anybody else a single thing.
Its too easy to come on here and assume he's off enjoying the high life.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:42 pm

Newbridgefan wrote:
Hold on here a minute lads. Yesterday was the 16th of October, a little over 10 weeks to Xmas. Hugh Lynch and all the other county players have put their lives on hold until now, for the beloved GAA.
How would ha have known back in Jan or Feb that the countyboard wouldnt run county finals until this late in the year?
Who's to say he's not in Canada for an interview?
Why the fcuk should he put his life on hold, IN OCTOBER, having done so all year?
How many of these county players are down signing on the dole every week? Who can blame them for taking the occasional oppertunity that presents itself.

IN that case, do people think the same of Dermot for having his operation before the county final?
People need to start realising that this is 2010 and theres a lot more important things in life than football. These county players do not owe you, me or anybody else a single thing.
Its too easy to come on here and assume he's off enjoying the high life.

Read all my posts NF - that's exactly what I've been saying. If it's RnR, that's just wrong because he's giving everyone in the club a kick in the nuts. IF it was a holiday, he should sacrifice that, absolutely. Finding it hard to believe that anyone is so willing to say that he doesn't give a fuck about his club like that, I am presuming that it was something very, very, very important. And that's what I've said in every single one of my posts on this topic. I presume we'll get the answer in the Nationalist Tuesday or the Leader Wednesday or definitely the Champion Thursday, if Kfm don't have it today.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:21 pm

Surely the fact that he didn't play the game tells you that it was an important reason that kept him away.
Perhaps its none of yours or my business, and perhaps it has nothing to do with KFM, Leinster Leader etc.
Made me laugh during the week to hear the "astonishment" on KFM during the week when they were refused entry to a County Council meeting. Similar to the Lynch story, certain things are private. Nothing to do with the media or anybody else.
These guys have given up their whole lives for a year or more, let them do what they like in the off season. Its not their fault that the countyboard final is being played so late in the year.
By the way, I have no involvement or interest in Confey GAA. Just fed up with people thinking they are entitled to ownership of these lads.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:42 am

kind of agree with you there el but if thats what the lad sees as been more important then thats his choice don`t think we need to critisize his decessions in life however i will say if that was me i wouldn`t my clubs county final for diamonds but thats my choice, the real lad i feel for is james gately after kicking 10points in a man of the match performance and to still lose thats tough on the chap
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:47 am

Didn't see the match cb, but if that's what Gateley kicked fair play to him!! Was talking to one of the Confey lads during the week and he told me about all the extra work Jimmy puts in so he deserves whatever credit he gets. I'd say he'll get a trial for next year anyway.

Confey losing leaves Quinn open for going for the Leixlip job.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 5:53 am

yea he kicked 10 and was awarded the man of the match award after the game
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:03 am

ElGuerrouj wrote:
Sorry to break it to you Newbridgefan, but he was on holidays!! No life or death situation, no interview, he was on holidays while his club was playing a county final!!

Lick the county players holes all ye like lads, but that is just not on!

I disagree.... if he had the holiday booked months ago then fook it he is entitled to do what he wants... at the end of the day its a game of football
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 6:38 am

No lads hes injured.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:48 am

He's injured and on holidays.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 10:01 pm

If he's injured fair enough - I heard that the club were desperate to pay for him to come home but you hear a lot of things. I'd be happy to believe he was injured - which James Lonergan wasn't, and I presume he won't be starting for Moorefield anytime soon.

That's some return by Gately. He's been very good the couple of games I saw him play but 10 points in a county final, and on a losing team as well, is something else.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:59 pm

This has turned into a disgraceful thread. Speculation on a lads private life is not on and no wonder the county board wanted to close down the old site. I couldn't give a crap if the lad went to Canada to pick his nose, he is entitled to do as he likes without any of this rubbish being written.

As for the "he's letting down the whole world" rubbish...get a grip. No one has put in as much effort or dedication than himself and he owes nothing to nobody.

Talk about the game and the play but leave the personal crap out of it!
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:06 am

Fair enough, any name calling is a bit much, but do you think the liffey champion, leader etc. won't be commenting on/discussing this as well no? Are they disgraceful too?
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:16 am

What the local papers do is their own business, on here no personal remarks about players is allowed.

I would suggest that if you have an issue with what the player did then take it up with him to his face.

Keep to the game or the thread will have to be locked.

I'm going to clean it up a bit and take out the personal bits.
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:17 am

Yes if they speculate on personal affairs and judge a lad on here say!
Back to top Go down
Admin3
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:21 am

Again lads stick to the game.
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:54 am

When are Ballymore due to be out in Leinster? Anyone know if its due to clash with the International Rules games for Kavanagh?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:09 am

in louth 31 october. rules game is on 30 october
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:10 am

Works out well for him so. U'd have to think Ballymore will have a good chance in Leinster given the good performance by the last two Kildare Intermediate winning teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ballymore V Confey   Ballymore V Confey - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ballymore V Confey
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2