Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship

Go down 
+19
Lily8
TheBigFullForward
Ogie
losthope
the big cal
gaaweb
bloodsub
jobluts
Adam91
tpos
Taibi
TommyKeegan
Square Ball
White Bridge
overthebar
Stonecold
walsheman
sillycow
archie
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 12:28 am

It's overdue that the clubs have stood up to county management but the way the clubs previously have bent over and taken whatever shafting was coming their way from the various county teams in the past you can't blame the minor team for trying this on. In fact, part of me wonders would the clubs be standing up now if this was the senior management?

I still think the day that the clubs agreed to play the league without their county players was a turning point. It was the day the clubs gave up the fight and signalled to the county board that they are there to be walked over
Back to top Go down
Adam91
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:23 am

The part of this i don't get is why there has to be constant battle between the club and county. Like most problems, all of this can be sorted by simple compromise. Outlook from both sides has to change.
Not wanting to get into other topics but county players should be available to their clubs for a week minimum before championship, instead of going off on non essential training camps and the ilk. Otherwise its too hard for county players to be integrated into club the team.
Likewise clubs need to accept that county football is a huge commitment and their players will be missing for large parts of the year.
Back to top Go down
Lily8
All-Star
All-Star
Lily8

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 3:59 am

any more news on this? are they being allowed to play?
will some of the matches be off this weekend if they aren't?
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 4:13 am

Adam91 the outlook has to change from one side only, our county officers have to grow a pair. Make a decision one way or the other and then defend your stance, this started last Thursday, plenty of time to reach a decision but as usual ignore the clubs and hope it goes away, well this is not going away. There is a rule that governs this and allows the clubs to use their players, as a courtesy to the minor management and that no undue pressure be put on OUR young players clubs requested their release 2 WEEKS before their next championship game if not they want their club championship games postponed. To date there has been no official response because the want the club games to go ahead regardless so as far as I am concerned there is only one side willing to compromise.

In my club it is not a battle with minor management, if they decide not to allow our player out then we want our game postponed until he is available, simple as that
Back to top Go down
Square Ball
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 5:48 am

very unfair on clubs not have their players available surely at this stage it would be unfair on the other 20 or so players in the clubs not be able to play their championship match I know our club will suffer talking to some player down the club Tuesday think they just want the game to go ahead, out of interest is many players for minor panel involved
Back to top Go down
Adam91
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 6:42 am

Ballyboy I agree with your argument almost entirely. You are right in that there has been zero accommodation from one side of things.
What I am saying is that the situation need not have arisen in the first place. I am not suggesting that the clubs role over -there shouldn't even be a question whether the players are available for champ. This coming from a man whose club has no county minors at the minute.
Back to top Go down
Voldemort
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:09 am

Its a farce, these clubs need to stand up and be counted for once and for all.
The county players are well able to boycott when Dessie and the GPA men in tights tell them to, so there should be an all out boycott of the weekends games if clubs are not allowed to choose their own players.

ON the other hand, it wouldnt surprise me in the least, if it turns out there was a vote on this and an agreement made with the dinosours at a countyboard meeting a few weeks previous!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:51 am

Heard tonight, minors can play with their clubs provided their games are on Friday or Saturday but not if the game is on Sunday. This could be completely wrong but that is what I have been told.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 9:07 am

topcat wrote:
Heard tonight, minors can play with their clubs provided their games are on Friday or Saturday but not if the game is on Sunday. This could be completely wrong but that is what I have been told.

Can't see that washing with the clubs either if your right Topcat... There'll be some fixture changes if thats the case......... Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:31 pm

Minor players were released last night, commom sence prevails thank God but it should never have reached that point
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 7:58 pm

just as a matter of interest how many of the starting team will be playing with their clubs at the weekend can somebody tell me?

1.McNamara (celbridge)
2.Egan (clane)
3.O'Hagan(kill)
4.Higgins(maynooth)
5.Duke(kilcock)
6.Murray(moorefield)
7.Hyland(athy)
8.Flynn(JTB)
9.Farrell(c'dermot)
10.Coffey(sash)
11.Conway (celbridge) V.C
12. Brophy (celbridge)
13. Gibbons (athy) C
14. Kelly(athy)
15. King (suncroft)
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Not many I'd say.

I'd guess at egan, o'hagan, duke & Farrell?
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Daniel Flynn will defo start for us I'd say!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2011 11:33 pm

King will probably start for Suncroft
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship   Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minors being prevented from playing Senior Championship
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2