Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football in america

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hayesy87
Junior C
Junior C

Football in america  Empty
PostSubject: Football in america    Football in america  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 4:37 am

just heard of all the kildare footballers gone to america for the summer and it seems that most of the kildare lads out there are playing for wolfe tones out there , Eoin naughton from clane is playing corner back for them , brian kinahan from athy and bart blanchfield from st.laurences are both half backs, john fogarthy from st.laurences is in the forwards along with former athy player james doyle who moved to laois , daniel o keefe and declan kinahan of athy and alan higgins of st.laurences are all on the squad too along with a umber of players from kilcock . its great opportunity for all these players i think cause they are all given jobs and accomodation for the summer.
Back to top Go down
rubencarter
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Football in america    Football in america  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:05 am

naughton would be good at corner back,but was sent off in his 1st game for them straight red.
Back to top Go down
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Football in america    Football in america  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:38 am

hayesy87 wrote:
just heard of all the kildare footballers gone to america for the summer and it seems that most of the kildare lads out there are playing for wolfe tones out there , Eoin naughton from clane is playing corner back for them , brian kinahan from athy and bart blanchfield from st.laurences are both half backs, john fogarthy from st.laurences is in the forwards along with former athy player james doyle who moved to laois , daniel o keefe and declan kinahan of athy and alan higgins of st.laurences are all on the squad too along with a umber of players from kilcock . its great opportunity for all these players i think cause they are all given jobs and accomodation for the summer.

If you knew this, why did you bother posting here last week asking where "all the Larries players were gone"?

Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Football in america    Football in america  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:04 pm

Quote :
GAA star in coma after US match

EOIN BURKE-KENNEDY

A promising young GAA star is in a critical condition in a US hospital after suffering a severe head injury during a club football game in San Francisco over the weekend.

Mark McGovern (22) from the Belcoo O'Rahilly's club in Fermanagh was taken to hospital after an altercation on Saturday evening, while playing his debut for Ulster GAA club San Francisco.

The player is understood to have clashed with another player on the opposing Celts side.

Mr McGovern had travelled to San Francisco to play football for the summer with two other Belcoo team-mates, Emmet Scollan and Ciaran Flaherty, who also played in Saturday’s game.

Mr McGovern parents have travelled to San Francisco to be by their son’s bedside.

A statement from Belcoo O'Rahilly's said: “Mark suffered a severe head injury during his debut for Ulster GAA San Francisco on Saturday night and he has been in a coma since.”

“Two other Belcoo Club players who recently made the journey to America to play football for the summer, Emmet Scollan and Ciaran Flaherty where playing the the same game and they have been at Mark's bedside since.”

“Messages of support have been overwhelming but we would like to keep the three lads in our prayers and we hope Mark comes around shortly and he can make a full recovery,” it said.

McGovern, who is on the fringes of the Fermanagh senior county side, lined out for Fermanagh in this year's Dr McKenna Cup.

I know from my time playing over there that there are some absolute hatchet men only interested in injuring the best players from the opposition, who are usually young lads over for the summer. It seems this was an off the ball incident, I can see the cops getting involved in this if that is the case.

Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: Football in america    Football in america  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 11:22 pm

I'd love to see Naughtons disciplinary record if the county keep such a thing for players? Always seems to be someone I hear of getting sent off.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football in america    Football in america  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Football in america
Page 1 of 1