Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

U/21 A and B Football Championship

Go down 
+49
bittit
TimmyTim
rob11
Jimmy winning matches
kildareman
steviegenius
NK
abl
theextraman
Bān go Lēir
johnsmyth
flourman
shoeshine
bag of white
Come on the Boys in Blue
Admin3
Bigbadwolves
bk 1
TrueBeliever
BelieveToAchieve
bloodsub
Pin High
the young lad
lilywhites on tour
Celbridgelad
kickingking
topcat
ndog
northernlily
Haggisgolf
Sideline
TheManInTheStands
walsheman
overthebar
Loads of Pints
losthope
kartman
Frankel
naked-lilly
thehouse
tomcruise
Muller
Ogie
kelf
Athyman
Big Full Back
SeamusMurphy
Fear An Geata
Taibi
53 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

U/21 A and B Football Championship Empty
PostSubject: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 10:29 am

The draw for the championship will take place this week. The competition will start after the 14th of October.

Format U21A
This will be an open draw and the first teams drawn out will have home advantage.
First 3 teams drawn will get a Bye to second round
If a Bye team loses in round 2 it goes into the shield

Round 1 losers will go into Shield competition
Extra time in all Games including the finals
Neutral venues for Semi finals & Final

Format U21B
Open Draw with the first teams drawn out getting home advantage
First team out gets Bye to second round
If the Bye team loses in round 2 it goes into the shield

Round 1 losers into Shield
Et in all Games inc finals
Neutral venues for Semi finals & Final

Suppose Athy will be hot favorites for the A? Not sure about the B.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 8:10 pm

Under 21 'A' Teams
Athy
Balyna
Castledermot
Celbridge
Clane
Kilcock
Leixlip
Maynooth
Moorefield
Naas
Raheens
Round Towers
Sarsfields

Under 21 'B' Teams
Ballykelly
Carbury
Confey
Grangenolvan
Kilcullen
Kill
Monasterevan
Na Fianna
Rathangan
Sallins
St Edwards
St Kevins
St Laurences
Suncroft
Two Mile House
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 3:44 am

How are Na Fianna and St Laurences in the B Championship ?, and Raheens in the A Championship ? Mad stuff, Sallins won 2 or 3 Minor B titles, pretty sure they beat Raheens in one.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 am

Fear An Geata wrote:
Under 21 'A' Teams
Athy
Balyna
Castledermot
Celbridge
Clane
Kilcock
Leixlip
Maynooth
Moorefield
Naas
Raheens
Round Towers
Sarsfields

Under 21 'B' Teams
Ballykelly
Carbury
Confey
Grangenolvan
Kilcullen
Kill
Monasterevan
Na Fianna
Rathangan
Sallins
St Edwards
St Kevins
St Laurences
Suncroft
Two Mile House
Nurney?
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:32 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
How are Na Fianna and St Laurences in the B Championship ?, and Raheens in the A Championship ? Mad stuff, Sallins won 2 or 3 Minor B titles, pretty sure they beat Raheens in one.

Can't speak for St. Laurence's but I can say Na Fianna are not where they should be. They have been average the last 4-5 yrs and are nowhere near where they should be. This year alone both minor and u-16 teams were in the B Championships and finished 3rd in both groups not even making it out of their groups. It's become a bit fragmented in recent years and the clubs involved in Na Fianna are fielding more teams in the underage grades so I think in time to come you might only have 2 or three teams making up a Na Fianna Minor team....
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 4:49 am

You're correct Seamus. Sallins won the Minor 'B' title in 2009 & 2010.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 am

Who will be favourites for the under 21 champship, Athy are going for 3 in a row.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 am

Think you just answered your own question there Athyman.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 8:02 am

No sign of Nurney on the grading list I saw Taibi. It would be handy if ye do put a team in as it will mean there's no need to give anyone a bye in the first round.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:21 am

I don't know Fear, I can't ever remember us not fielding a team at U21 level no matter how good are bad it was. Numbers are very tight though.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Athy for A, and Sallins for B Titles IMO
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 10:33 pm

The complete U21 FC draw

U21 A Football Championship Draw

Athy, Clane & Maynooth Bye to Qtr Final

Round 1, First named team at home

1, Moorefield v Round Towers

2, Raheens v Sarsfields

3, Kilcock v Balyna

4, Leixlip v Celbridge

5, Naas v Castledermot

Qtr Final, First named team at home

A, Athy v Maynooth

B, 5 v 1

C, 4 v 3

D, 2 v Clane

Semi Final Neutral Venues

1, A v C

2, D v B

Final Neutral Venue

1 v 2

U21 B Football Championship Draw

St Laurences Bye to Qtr Final

Round 1, First named team at home

1, Kilcullen v Grangenolvan

2, Confey v Monasterevan

3, St Edwards v Ballykelly

4, Suncroft v Rathangan

5, Kill v Two Mile House

6, Na Fianna v Carbury

7, St Kevins v Sallins

Qtr Final, First named team at home

A, 5 v 2

B, 4 v 6

C, 1 v 7

D, St Laurences v 3

Semi Final Neutral Venues

1, B v C

2, D v A

Final Neutral Venue

1 v 2
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 2:57 am

Any dates?
Back to top Go down
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:35 am

Are the fixtures involving those in the senior and intermediate finals going to be on the same dates as the rest?. Can't remember if Athy got a extra week between it last year
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 9:32 pm

I was at my Club last night and they were talking about U/21 trials on Friday night. I nearly fell of my seat. There is a raft of U/21 games coming up in the next few weeks and what these players need is rest. Someone in Kildare football needs a chill pill fast because the person who organised these trials is not living in the real world or is on a massive power trip that they need to get off.

Plenty of time for trials afer Santa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
thehouse
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 3:52 am

Taibi wrote:
I don't know Fear, I can't ever remember us not fielding a team at U21 level no matter how good are bad it was. Numbers are very tight though.
. Did you find out what the problem was here taibi? It's hard to believe a team cannot get an under 21 team
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:08 am

why would it be hard to believe?
anyways i hear theres a 6 team 13 a side u21 competion goin ahead for teams strugling for numbers
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 4:44 am

thehouse wrote:
Taibi wrote:
. Did you find out what the problem was here taibi? It's hard to believe a team cannot get an under 21 team

Just haven't got 15 lads between 16-21 to put out, nothing more to it than that.
Back to top Go down
Frankel
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:40 pm

Taibi wrote:
thehouse wrote:
Taibi wrote:

Just haven't got 15 lads between 16-21 to put out, nothing more to it than that.

i would have thought nurney would easily have a team and if they knew they wouldnt have one why didnt they join up with somebody else.
Back to top Go down
thehouse
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Who are the 6 teams? Nurney obviously. Carragh? Ardclough?
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:10 am

not sure who the 6 are but caragh are one its not easy to almalgamate when all your neighbours are quite strong on there own
Back to top Go down
kartman
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 2:53 am

The teams i see missing are

Cappagh
Ballymore
Nurney
Rheban
Castlemitchell
Caragh
Robertstown
Eadestown
Ellistown

Eadstown,robertstown,caragh and ballymore?
Nurney Rheban castlemitchel ellistown?

Cappagh are the odd one out.Surpised there not joined with Kilcock.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 7:36 am

Would Athgarvan not fit in there some where as well, in Ladies football if you do not have enough to go it on your own in a specific competition any players you do have can be loaned to other clubs, this must be done before any grading takes place for obvious reasons. It would make sense to me for the Gaa to adopt a similar approach
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 11:38 pm

There's actually a C championship so the above mentioned missing teams will be in that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 5:58 am

tomcruise wrote:
I was at my Club last night and they were talking about U/21 trials on Friday night. I nearly fell of my seat. There is a raft of U/21 games coming up in the next few weeks and what these players need is rest. Someone in Kildare football needs a chill pill fast because the person who organised these trials is not living in the real world or is on a massive power trip that they need to get off.

Plenty of time for trials afer Santa Very Happy

For the love of f*cking christ when they don't run trials people are giving out. When they do run them people are giving out.

I'm led to believe they contacted every club in the county. So if left until after christmas logistically if they are running trials over a number of weeks to finalise a panel surely now is the time to do it.

Also would anyone in College not be too tied up with sigerson and other college competitions after christmas along with that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U/21 A and B Football Championship
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next