Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

U/21 A and B Football Championship

Go down 
+49
bittit
TimmyTim
rob11
Jimmy winning matches
kildareman
steviegenius
NK
abl
theextraman
Bān go Lēir
johnsmyth
flourman
shoeshine
bag of white
Come on the Boys in Blue
Admin3
Bigbadwolves
bk 1
TrueBeliever
BelieveToAchieve
bloodsub
Pin High
the young lad
lilywhites on tour
Celbridgelad
kickingking
topcat
ndog
northernlily
Haggisgolf
Sideline
TheManInTheStands
walsheman
overthebar
Loads of Pints
losthope
kartman
Frankel
naked-lilly
thehouse
tomcruise
Muller
Ogie
kelf
Athyman
Big Full Back
SeamusMurphy
Fear An Geata
Taibi
53 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
shoeshine
Junior A
Junior A
shoeshine

U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:28 am

Who was in midfield for us beside Conway? ...... Conor Plunkett (scored the 1st goal)
When are the final and shield final down to be played? ..... Nothing official yet but I'd say next weekend.
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 8:47 am

Could be weekend after hope both finals are at same venue
Back to top Go down
TimmyTim
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 am

Was at the celbridge/Athy game thank God, what a game, surely best adult game played this year, end to end stuff, the old saying 'goals win games' was never more apt. Even though Celbridge got 3 scores less than Athy, they won. Athy forwards were throwinh over points at will, whereas CElbridge were banging in the goals. Brophy, Conway, O'Grady very good, thought the Celbridge full forward Kenny was extremely effective, also heard he destroyed the Balyna full back line , where did he come from, don't remember him playing underage for Kildare??
Niall Kelly was his usual terriffic self, scoring some wonder points along with Reynolds who gave the Celbridge full back line a torrid time.Kelly faded out as the game went on having to go to deep to get possession. Feely was hge loss for Athy.
Celbridge will be deserving favourites v Castledermot, however I know a few of the Castledermot people, and thats just the way they want it, will be a tight game.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:08 am

Conor Kenny is concentrating on inter-county hurling rather than football. Given the demands on young players nowadays it's no surprise that lads who would have been dual players if they had been born ten or twenty years earlier are now choosing one code over the other.
Back to top Go down
TimmyTim
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:15 am

I know the lad now, remember seeing him in the u21 All Ireland hurling final Kildare v Roscommon on TG4, yeah he is super hurler also. Thanks for that.
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:31 am

Well there is a rule in Celbridge which I strongly disagree with. In Celbridge a player must choose between football and hurling, this is ludacris for a club team. Most north clubs mix this rule well. So it will be interesting to see if Kenny or even Keegan ever play senior football.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 am

well maybe if there was another club in Celbridge you wouldnt have this problem.
I find it amazing how Celbridge were never split in to 2 with the poulation and number of estates in the town.
Back to top Go down
bittit
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:05 am

I know there was a rule in Celbridge like that a few years ago but as far as i'm aware there is no rule now? i'm fairly sure there were a few players who started both the football and hurlin champ this year for Celbridge?? Senior club football at the top level in Kildare takes a lot of committment and the standard is very high which is why some players stick with football.

The winners of the senior champ in kildare in recent seasons have been Sars/Moore/Athy/Larries and none of these take hurlin seriously. The clubs in north Kildare who 'mix this rule well' arent in a roar of winnin the senior football champ.

right or wrong is annother issue.
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:27 am

Celbridge won the football a few years back and either won or got to the final on hurling.
Confey got to a final last year in hurling and won the intermediate Kildare and got to a Leinster final.

@ loads of pints that is very true. It happened in Leixlip a while back we ate just lucky it hasn't happened here.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 6:37 am

Celbridgelad wrote:
Celbridge won the football a few years back and either won or got to the final on hurling.
Confey got to a final last year in hurling and won the intermediate Kildare and got to a Leinster final.

@ loads of pints that is very true. It happened in Leixlip a while back we ate just lucky it hasn't happened here.

I might be wrong but I think the opposite happened in Celbridge. Weren't there 2 clubs in the parish way back in the day and now there's one?
Back to top Go down
kelf
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:28 am

The other club in Celbridge Parish: Straffan
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:43 am

I thought straffan was a separate parish
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 9:45 am

Ah I just looked it up it was wayyyyy back in history there were 2 clubs:

"These were Hazelhatch Harpers, based in the vicinity of the railway station and Celbridge Shamrocks, based in Ballygoran."
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 11:58 pm

Any word on finals?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:02 am

The 'A' Final is in St. Conleth's Park this Sunday at 2pm. Noel McKenna is the ref.

The Shield semi-final replay between Naas and Clane is now in Hawkfield tomorrow night at 7.30pm
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:16 am

Lovely stuff should be another good one. Celbridge Abu.
So when will shield final be on
Back to top Go down
south county
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:17 am

castledermot are beginning to look a force in football again after many years in the doldrums. in with a good chance on sunday,i say them against naas and moorfield,they looked a good allround unit.....should be a tight game.
Back to top Go down
south county
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:18 am

oops,meant to say "saw" not "say" sorry !
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:33 am

Personally coming from athy I would love to see castledermot beating celbridge , but I will stick my head out and say cellbridge by 10, I hope I am wrong it would be brilliant if castledermot won
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 8:36 am

If castledermot ever win the intermediate championship they'll be a force to be reckoned with in senior in 2-3 years
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 9:14 pm

I thnk this will be a close game. Celbridge ,like most of their teams have no natural scoring forwards which will is a big problem for them particularly at senior level. The only decent scoring forward I have seen them producing is Mark O'Sullivan.

It would be great to see Castledermot win.
Back to top Go down
bittit
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:07 am

[quote="tomcruise"]I thnk this will be a close game. Celbridge ,like most of their teams have no natural scoring forwards which will is a big problem for them particularly at senior level. The only decent scoring forward I have seen them producing is Mark O'Sullivan.

don't think that is a problem faced just by Celbridge TC! Look around the county and at Gaa in general and that's the case.

If Celbridge have one natural scoring forward then they have one more than the county team so they aren't doin too bad!!!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 2:08 am

I backed Castledermot to win the Inter Champ this Year.. They are a Club who put a lot into underage and its only a matter of time before their Senior. They won the u21 B Champ last Year, and now in the A, fair play and I hope ye do it.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 4:18 am

Good win for Celbridge. Castledermot put up a mighty fight in fairness to them.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 5:59 am

What was the score ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U/21 A and B Football Championship   U/21 A and B Football Championship - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

U/21 A and B Football Championship
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next