Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Football Development Squads

Go down 
+18
walsheman
Rex
GaaHead
SeamusMurphy
Fear An Geata
TheBigFullForward
Bān go Lēir
thegaels
Ogie
stayinwillya
losthope
lillyboy
kickingking
Gaffer
Cluabú
tomcruise
TommyKeegan
overthebar
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Football Development Squads - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 1:57 am

Good God, they're bothered about burnout with grown-ups and are flogging the kids, who when they become grown-ups are breaking down at every turn - as usually, it's just lip service. The whole idea of the development squad is to develop a player, not fuck them up. What benefit there would be in running an U16 football competition on heavy ground in Oct, Nov, Dec is beyond me anyway. What's there is more than enough
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:17 am

The u/16's are playing in the Heath near Portlaoise on Saturday along with Meath, Dublin and Laois. 1st match at 11. Also heard that there will be minor trials in November this year and clubs are to get the names in before the end of October.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 4:35 am

Could they not just replace all these blitzes with the provincial league, like they have in munster and ulster. Is there not an u 13, u 15 league on at the moment, as well as u 21 champ which will include minor footballers. So no reckonised league at club level for u 16s, as their not officially allowed play u 21 ?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:43 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Could they not just replace all these blitzes with the provincial league, like they have in munster and ulster. Is there not an u 13, u 15 league on at the moment, as well as u 21 champ which will include minor footballers. So no reckonised league at club level for u 16s, as their not officially allowed play u 21 ?

Seamus I'm not sure what your point is. Club u/16s have a "recognised" league in the Spring and a "recognised" Championship in the Summer. The better u/16's will also play Minor league and Minor Championship. Are you looking for another competition for u/16's in the Winter ? or are you just trying to justify Clubs using them illegally on their u/21 teams ?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 5:59 am

No Not at all. I am purely talking about the development squad, and the point was in relation to a provincial comp v blitzes. My personal opinion is that u 16s shouldnt play u 21s.
I just think (AGAIN) that a Provincial comp would be better than blitzes.
As regards Player burnout, I would much rather see these lads of 16 playing gaa this time of year. if their not im sure theyll play soccer or rugby, would they not?
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 6:16 am

Because Seamus they will be gone from the clubs like the minors were this year, make no mistake if it goes ahead it will be a summer comp replacing the current blitz system. Spoke to a guy who attended a seminar in Croke park a couple of months ago where this was brought up, it lasted about 3 hours and he said the club scene never came into the discussion once. We are now a long way down the road of all meaningful club competitions being played at the back end of the year. I would not like to see this happening at u16 level
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 7:08 pm

If we go down the road of offical championships at u/14, 15 and 16 it will just result in counties fielding their top 15 or so players which a this age will often be the biggest guys in order to win. The whole idea of these squads should be to develope as many as possible and give them the dream of playing senior for kildare not to class them as 2nd string at 14. Young lads get enough serious football with their clubs.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 12:14 am

Well said lilyboy. Couldn't agree more.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 3:17 am

Kildare U16's won the Leinster title today, they beat Meath in the semi final by 4 points and beat Dublin in the final on a scorelime of 1-11 to 3-03
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 7:05 am

I think Kildare won the U17 blitz in Blessington too... Unsure as the groundsman pulled the plug on the competition due to the weather. He said the pitches were cutting up too much.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:09 am

What GaaHead, a grounds man put a stop to a leinster competition because a few 'rocks' were starting to show up through the bog that the call pitches in blessington...... up there a few weeks ago at a match and the pitches might be fairly level but the surfaces are of poor quality....!!!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 1:22 am

Congrats to both Teams and their Mentors, a great achievment for the hard work.
Hopefully this will lead to strong Minor teams for the next few years.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 2:57 am

Does anyone have the panel of players and what clubs their from, as it would be nice to keep tabs on these lads as they progress.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:25 am

PR my hole... it's shocking. And such a simple thing to do. And they wonder why people don't support Club Kildare more....
Back to top Go down
Bān go Lēir
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:06 am

????? Question
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:27 am

If it's the website your talking about I'm not sure what this has to do with Club Kildare Ogie, two totally different groups. I can't see Pat Mangan logging on and uploading scores, his only interest is getting enough money to run the squads at all levels.

Don't they have an IT committee now for this.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:29 am

anyone no where this training course is on saturday????
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:20 am

ManBearPig wrote:

KILDARE GAA COACHING & GAMES ANNUAL COACHING CONFERENCE

FRIDAY 4TH& SATURDAY 5TH NOVEMBER 2011

CLANE GAA, CLANE CO. KILDARE
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:26 am

Rex wrote:
ManBearPig wrote:

KILDARE GAA COACHING & GAMES ANNUAL COACHING CONFERENCE

FRIDAY 4TH& SATURDAY 5TH NOVEMBER 2011

CLANE GAA, CLANE CO. KILDARE
any word on who is doing it?how much is it??
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:27 am

Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:51 am

Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 4:09 am

Kildare u 16s win the Leinster and there is no report on the Leader or Nationalist. The Development squads are very important and will hopefully lead to success. Would it not be very beneficial to have match reports etc on the local papers, so that people can see whats happening.
Afterall we dont win to many titles at underage. It would also enhance the work thats been done and maybe encourage more young players to want to play for their County.
Only for this forum we would know nothing about their achievments.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:30 am

U16 won this last year as well, Kildare development squads are generally regarded as top notch, we do need to see minor title in the near future and I would agree there does need to be more highlighting of developments squads and what they are about. If you were to make a comparison with lets say KDSL or Kennedy cup teams its the one thing that lets the system down. Now I would not agree with naming players from u16 down as I think it may put pressure on young lads and place them in a position where some people might get a dig at them, what would be wrong with a brief report outlining where they went, how many, who they played and a result.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:42 am

Rex wrote:
If it's the website your talking about I'm not sure what this has to do with Club Kildare Ogie, two totally different groups. I can't see Pat Mangan logging on and uploading scores, his only interest is getting enough money to run the squads at all levels.

Don't they have an IT committee now for this.

Nothing to do with Pat Mangan... I guess I didn't make my point well at all... the development squads need to have better PR, the board needs to give it better PR. You win an U16 title, as you did last year, and nobody knows. And you beat the Dubs to win it, after beating Meath in the semi. If people knew the success, they might be more inclined to support Club Kildare which would give the squads even more funds because they are feeling the cutbacks more than most with the senior panel requiring so much of the funding.

In short, the information needs to be sent out to KFM, the local papers etc. But of course we shouldn't be surprised. I know a few lads made a genuine attempt but they've got little support I'd say.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 10:18 am

Totally agree with that, it's the likes of these lads doing well that should be promoted as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Football Development Squads   Football Development Squads - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Football Development Squads
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next