Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Development

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Yellow Pearl
Senior
Senior

Player Development Empty
PostSubject: Player Development   Player Development Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 12:19 pm

Isnt it amazing how McGeeney has been able to unearth and develop players since his arrival.
Last year he brought in Rob Kelly and Hugh McGrillan(deemed not good enough by the wonderful Glen) and this year Peter Kelly.
He has overseen the development of Flynn, Morgan O'Flaherty, Flanagan, Bolton, Kavanagh, Smith, Cribben, Whyte.
Under any other management regime, the majority of that U/21 team would have been rushed into senior (a-la Tommy Archibald, Ian Lonergan & co). Not this time.
''Chalkys a cert'' the experts said. Not this time. Whilst I dont buy into the complete Geezer worshipping, I have to admire his eye for a player and his patience.
This current setup is as professional as they come. The talent coming is exciting and if he can keep bringing 1 or 2 through at a time, we will eventually end up with a serious senior squad, all of whom will be capable of playing at any time.
Previous management teams (most of whom have been locals) always had their set 15 who played in a rigid and predictable style/formation. They had their favourites and willingly accepted the panel left by the previous manager.
I for one hope the progression continues.
I would be confident playing most teams at the moment.
I believe this is the most open All-Ireland in a long time. Im not saying we will win it, although I do dream.
I do think we will have a huge say in who does though!
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

Player Development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Development   Player Development Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 1:20 am

well said latebutgreat, fully agree with your post.I still think Chalkie will secure his place in the starting line up at some stage, probably next year , hasnt been easy for him either though he's been moved around most of the half back and full back line, think he's better out the field myself, good to see McGeeney giving in form players their place though.
Back to top Go down
foney
Junior C
Junior C

Player Development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Development   Player Development Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:59 am

Great job been done with the development, those players you mentioned, as far as I am aware all came thtough the Junior team.McGeeney must have a great team behind him in his search for talent.Fair play to all involved, I looked at the present team and I am sure at least 10 or more have all played junior with the county at some stage. It seems a great idea for a development team. Yeh now bring on monahan and lets continue the good work, great result lads.
Back to top Go down
Horsebox
Senior
Senior

Player Development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Development   Player Development Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:28 am

Hopefully that is the point of bringing in the 2 young minor chaps just to get a feel of how things work and what it takes to make it at this level. Could be a smart move that will show rewards in 3/4 years. Good to see us starting to bring young lads through properly again...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player Development Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Development   Player Development Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Development
Page 1 of 1