Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former player

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Frank74
Junior C
Junior C

Former player Empty
PostSubject: Former player   Former player Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 1:52 am

I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum is old enough to remember Lorcan Barden who transferred to Round Towers back in the early 90's.
I think he may have been on the panel of Kildare back in 93.
He would have played his school football in St. Mel's College Longford and club football with Clonguish, alongside his cousin Enda Barden.
I don't think he was on the Round Towers team that won the championship in 96 and he never came back to Longford.
I was just wondering, where did he ever end up?

Southern Gael likes this post

Back to top Go down
Southern Gael
Senior
Senior

Former player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former player   Former player Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 3:19 am

I remember him, if memory serves me right he was involved in the infamous row in the tunnel with the Dubs at half time in the 1993 Leinster Final. I've no idea about where he is now

Frank74 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Frank74
Junior C
Junior C

Former player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former player   Former player Icon_minitimeWed Sep 06, 2023 4:11 am

Yes that's correct. He was the lad involved in the tunnel bust up. There just seems to be no trace at all of him playing football. He left Clonguish in 91 or 92 as we were a sole junior club at the time. I think he may have been in college with Glen Ryan and that's how he ended up with Round Towers. I seen a video of the 96 County Final on YouTube and he wasn't in the starting 15. I assuming a lad who is on the Kildare panel 3 years previous would surely make his club's starting 15. It's just like he disappeared after that incident in Croker. I don't know if he even continued playing in Kildare after 93. As strange coincidence, the lad who supposedly got him to play for Round Towers ended up coaching his cousins, Paul and David Barden for Longford!

lilywhites on tour, Lilywhite forever and Southern Gael like this post

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

Former player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former player   Former player Icon_minitimeMon Jan 01, 2024 4:57 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Former player Empty
PostSubject: Re: Former player   Former player Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former player
Page 1 of 1