Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Watch

Go down 
+42
steviegenius
Lily8
reichenhall
Cilldara_2000
Westside
Shergar
ixus
kildaregaa365
tpos
Frankel
if_in_doubt
Dido
Gaa1928
BelieveToAchieve
Taibi
murof
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
realmoore
topcat
OutTheGap
jj
overthebar
archie
the young lad
Celbridgelad
smokey
Split_The_Posts
Botch
Gonzo
Ogie
flourman
kickingking
Kildare98
SeamusMurphy
jim
LillieLad
Big Full Back
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
johnsmyth
Flamingo
46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 3:34 am

Lads we are the business end of the championships and so it might be good to pick some lads who are making a big impact in the various grades...
Are there any lads out there putting their hands up for a spot on the Kildare panel? And conversely are there any county men not cutting the mustard??

Just from the JTB v Allenwood replay alone Keith Cribbin was awesome. Also hearing Hugh Lynch has been dominating the skies of late.
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2014 10:31 am

Would have beaten Monaghan if he'd stayed on the field. When he's up to the speed of it and fit he's top quality. Mistake not to play him from the start of the championship.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:01 am

john doyle 1 - 7 in frist half for allenwood
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:16 am

One for the future! Now we would have bearen Monsghan had He been playing!
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:36 am

Lads it is a sorry sign for Kildare football when the 2 best players in SFC are roli & jd!!
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:06 am

umpireonditch wrote:
Lads it is a sorry sign for Kildare football when the 2 best players in SFC are roli & jd!!

Or maybe it's because they've walked away from inter-county football and they have been rejuvenated as a result of not having to push their bodies to the limit 2-3 times a week along with club commitments.
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:17 am

It's not just this year BFB
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:22 am

I love JD still heartbreaking knowing hes no longer on the Kildare panel the man is a hero. Sad We defo would have bet Monaghan with him in. He owes us nothing neither does Roli. Btw he scored 1 10 in the end.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Roli and JD are the two best footballers in the county and if we were picking a Kildare team tomorrow I would have both on it. Particularly JD.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 1:02 am

I took in a fair few Matches over the Weekend, and JD was by far the outstanding Player for Me.. I was also impressed with Mark Sherry for TMH, His strong direct running from Centre Forward was exellent.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 1:15 am

Well, I was an advocate for both Niall Kelly and Darroch Mulhall being brought into the Kildare panel and I'd like to think they've done okay.

So having those two right, I'd like to propose another couple of Athy players - James Eaton and Cian Reynolds. Skilful, creative forwards who are well able to score, the type of players we need.

No doubt there will be sceptics but I've heard it all before - particularly with Mulhall. I remember saying on here he should be in the Kildare squad and one poster's reply was - wait for it - 20 laughing emoticons. Well, I think I had the last laugh! Ha!

In all seriousness though, quality players, and Eaton had a couple of brilliant moments in the short time he's got so far. I actually think Athy are the only Kildare team with sufficient quality in their squad to win the Leinster club championship, hopefully they'll achieve that at some stage (and no - I'm not an Athy supporter). Anyway, that's an argument for another thread - but yeah, Eaton and Reynolds, take my word for it!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 1:36 am

Is Reynolds no longer a Leitrim Player ?, where He hasnt made a break trough..
So where would You play these 4 Athy Forwards HG, and who should make way for them ?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:32 am

Well, my understanding Seamus was that Reynolds went to Leitrim because he felt he wasn't going to be in the running with Kildare. He has been perpetually injured since moving, not sure what his current situation is - I'm going to guess given the distances involved and Leitrim's less-than-stellar standing in the football world, it wouldn't be too hard to lure him back.

If I was in charge of Kildare (isn't that what every manager loves to hear!), I would definitely give those two a chance in the O'Byrne Cup and league next year, a la Mulhall. Even if they don't force their way into the starting line-up I have no doubt they could contribute off the bench as squad players - as we know, there is more emphasis on that these days, and players are always getting injured etc.

Also, in the league next year I would like to see us working on two systems of play - one more attack based (I actually think Jason Ryan had Kildare playing some lovely attacking football this year) and a counter-attacking style for when we meet Dublin and other top teams. Get the players comfortable with each so that we have a gameplan for all occasions, similar to what the Clare hurlers did in 2013.

Of course in a counter-attacking system you need someone in the Mark/Ryan McHugh role, I wonder who could do that for Kildare? There's probably a few candidates. But again, maybe a conversation for another thread.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:37 am

Don't forget Seamus in the county final 2011 Reynolds was MOTM and actually eclipsed Mulhall. The full forward line that day was Eaton, Reynolds, Mulhall and I thought at the time these three have plenty to offer Kildare.

And Kevin Feely was there too of course - ouch. Still smarting over that one. I saw Niall Buckley, Dermot Earley and Martin Lynch play as teenagers and to me Feely was right up there with them at that age. Some loss.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:22 am

I've made a few different games and was impressed by Jonathan Byrne around the middle for Allenwood and Neil Flynn up front for Maynooth.

Paddy Brophy has been showing the best form out of the established county lads. He will be a big loss to Celbridge and Kildare.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 5:18 am

Ah, FFS - you're not telling me Paddy Brophy is going as well?! Him, Daniel Flynn, Feely - three of the best young players in the county over the past few years. It'd break your heart.

Btw, KK I agree about Jonathan Byrne and Neil Flynn, two excellent young players. Two other good prospects from last year's minors are Wayne Fitzpatrick and Cian McMonagle, two superb forwards, great finishers. Hopefully they'll make an impact with the U21s next year, likewise Neil Flynn.
Back to top Go down

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 10:44 am

Shane O'Rourke was flying for Kilcock
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:47 pm

I also thought Eanna O Neil had an exellent Game for Allenwood.. O Rourke did well in the 2nd Half.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 pm

Are either of Cian / Eanna O'Connor good enough to play inter-county (or for that matter have either any interest in playing County football with their adapted county)?

Eanna in particular has impressive CV @ underage with Kerry.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 11:57 pm

Would Eanna not be on the Kerry Panel if good enough ?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 12:54 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Would Eanna not be on the Kerry Panel if good enough ?

Like Karl O'Dwyer?

Anyway, you're not comparing like with like. Not good enough for Kerry doesn't necessarily mean not good enough for Kildare.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. He looked a fine footballer at 18. I haven't seen him since.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 1:02 am

He looks more than good enough for county level. Whether he has any interest in representing Kildare is another matter.
Back to top Go down
Gonzo
Junior A
Junior A

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 2:34 am

Eddie del and Brian kinahan are 2 good strong devenders good as anyone in top grade kildare football.As for the o connor boy playing for Kerry I'd say sinead o connor has a better chance.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 9:35 am

Dont think Delahunt would be available. Now based in Cork. Been excellent for Athy this year though i agree.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2014 10:49 pm

I notice there are not too many Junior or intermediate players being mentioned. Fair enough I suppose but I have heard good reports on a couple. Castledermots Paddy Mahon. Eadestowns Cian Bolton. Rathcoffeys Midfielder (young player. do not know his name).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Player Watch Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Watch
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next