Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Watch

Go down 
+42
steviegenius
Lily8
reichenhall
Cilldara_2000
Westside
Shergar
ixus
kildaregaa365
tpos
Frankel
if_in_doubt
Dido
Gaa1928
BelieveToAchieve
Taibi
murof
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
realmoore
topcat
OutTheGap
jj
overthebar
archie
the young lad
Celbridgelad
smokey
Split_The_Posts
Botch
Gonzo
Ogie
flourman
kickingking
Kildare98
SeamusMurphy
jim
LillieLad
Big Full Back
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
johnsmyth
Flamingo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 12:24 am

Ogie wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
Would Eanna not be on the Kerry Panel if good enough ?

Like Karl O'Dwyer?

Anyway, you're not comparing like with like. Not good enough for Kerry doesn't necessarily mean not good enough for Kildare.

Just playing Devil's Advocate. He looked a fine footballer at 18. I haven't seen him since.

That just about sums it up alright... and I have seen Him play.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 2:07 am

Good man, better qualified than me to judge then... would he be an addition to Kildare? Or indeed Kerry?!
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 5:08 am

Didnt stand out in games i saw though worth a shot in OByrne Cup i suppose
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Ogie wrote:
Good man, better qualified than me to judge then... would he be an addition to Kildare? Or indeed Kerry?!

Would He even have the desire to play for Kildare ?

Fellas like Karl, Murph and Lacey were huge additions to the White cause.. But there were others who werent..

The Mark Noble issue just dosent sit right with Me.. I want to play for England, but if Im not good enough, sur I will play for Ireland.. I appreciate its a different situation, and if Fellas have that desire, fair enough.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:44 pm

Dont have to go to extremes such as Mark Noble, we had our own guest just a couple of years ago

Lets not go there...
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2014 11:46 pm

Manger watch - Tony McEntee pulls out of running for Down job. Personally, I would rather see him managing Kildare than Jason Ryan.

Anyway, probably for another thread. As you were.
Back to top Go down
Split_The_Posts
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 1:51 am

It would be good and also very interesting if there was an updated table of the top scoring players in each grade.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 2:01 am

Split_The_Posts wrote:
It would be good and also very interesting if there was an updated table of the top scoring players in each grade.

Good idea.. and even if Posters wanted to add who their Clubs top Scoring Forward and best Defender / Player was over the Season.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 2:11 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Ogie wrote:

Would He even have the desire to play for Kildare ?

Fellas like Karl, Murph and Lacey were huge additions to the White cause.. But there were others who werent..

The Mark Noble issue just dosent sit right with Me.. I want to play for England, but if Im not good enough, sur I will play for Ireland..          I appreciate its a different situation, and if Fellas have that desire, fair enough.

I don't have a problem with it but you're right, he mightn't even want to. I was just wondering if he was showing anything.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2014 11:53 pm

He looked the best forward on show in Hawkfield last night.
Back to top Go down
smokey
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 21, 2014 7:03 am

Maynooth midfielder O'Regan was impressive in a team well beaten today. Don't remember seeing him before how old is he? Ray Cahill super particularly in first half
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 1:53 am

O Regan was very good and never gave up, credit to the Lad..
Barry Coffey was very good and Ray ran the show at Centre Forward.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 10:48 pm

Rah Cahill is a very good player but when he comes up against a county standard footballer he struggles. Only my opinion
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 5:49 am

Andrew O'Regan is originally from Kerry as well isn't he?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 10:09 pm

Meant to say I took in the Div 3 Final on Saturday for my Sins... and have to say big Heff was argubly the best Player on the Field, and at the full time whistle One would think He had just won an AI Medal, fair play to Him, well deserved.... No One else really stood out, with the exeption of a superb Ryan King Goal..
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 1:07 am

Fair play to Willie. A lad who turned up every year for the county and did all the hard slogging in the winter only to be over looked in the summer. Most players would love to win any league title especially from a small rural club. Hope he enjoys
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:35 am

Big fan of Mcgonagle but I think it will take him a few years to mature into senior county player. Neill flynn is a big talent but havent seen him produce off a top player yet. The two two mile house boys of Healy and Sherry impressed me when I seen them. Eanna o connor impressed me everytime I have seen him, deadly from placed balls, Cian on the other hand I am surprised he is even in the Moorefield team. Definately agree with the above statement that athy are the only team who could have a real crack at winning Leinster.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 7:33 pm

A few Lads down this end not too bad either Celbridgelad.. Wink
Back to top Go down
the young lad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 7:47 pm

Like who sm
Back to top Go down
Celbridgelad
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 11:51 pm

can only go on who i see, obviously most the athy lads look like they could have a crack at county level, has liam mcgovern ever been trialled? from talking to a clane man at the weekend they say ethan o donoghue is their next big star
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 11:53 pm

Ethan flattered to deceive in the crunch games for both Clane & Kildare minors this year. Who ever was telling you that Prob hasn't seen him play since last year
Back to top Go down
archie
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:08 am

Ethan played a decent game in the second half v Towers and was good in the relegation match v Leixlip. It will be interesting to see how he gets on next year at minor.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 9:20 am

Ah lads, the chap is not 18 yet....... give him time to develop and grow. We are great in this county for over hyping our young players and then shooting them down when they dont perform......lets see how he develops over the next few years.....
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 10:17 pm

The important thing with these guys who show potential is they are involved in the right environment at club level. That is good coaches and god interested players. I hope and believe that most clubs have access good coaches at underage level so lets hope these guys are encouraged to continue with football. Its the dangerous time in every club. 16-18. So many players lost
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2014 12:09 am

From what was witnessed Saturday, I wouldnt say Jason is too optimistic..
For Me, Conor Brophy and Ollie Lyons stood out, and I suppose Id have to mention Adam Tyrell for Moorefield, but Jason wont be calling up any Forwards from the First Match..

For all their multitude of Talent, Athy managed 6 first half points, and 4 second half points.. Who was it on here that was calling for Eaton, Reynolds, etc to be added to Panel ???
Robbie Confrey, Mattie Byrne and Ben Mac (2nd half) stood out for Me..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Watch
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next