Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Player Watch

Go down 
+42
steviegenius
Lily8
reichenhall
Cilldara_2000
Westside
Shergar
ixus
kildaregaa365
tpos
Frankel
if_in_doubt
Dido
Gaa1928
BelieveToAchieve
Taibi
murof
Rex
Ohtoohtobe
realmoore
topcat
OutTheGap
jj
overthebar
archie
the young lad
Celbridgelad
smokey
Split_The_Posts
Botch
Gonzo
Ogie
flourman
kickingking
Kildare98
SeamusMurphy
jim
LillieLad
Big Full Back
lilysavage
Jimmy winning matches
johnsmyth
Flamingo
46 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Player Watch - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 12:46 am

Good Points there Folks.. Wasnt it James Eaton in fairness to Him, was on the County Panel, not getting a Game, not allowed Play for His Club, and decided fcuk this and dropped of the Panel and went back Playing for His Club.. Wasnt He right ?, or should He have stayed and tried to win His place ?.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:25 am

Taibi wrote:
Great post, Radley Park. Spot on.

You can be sure Tipperary's minors won't be sitting around twiddling their thumbs for three weeks coming up to an All-Ireland semi. There is no substitute for competitive football, no matter how much these county managers play the "ferocious A v B training games" line.

They're 16/17 years old, let them play football FFS!

Tipp. have 4 or 5 dual players on both minor teams I believe. Can't beat it!!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 4:03 am

Does any county play more club football than Kerry (maybe even too much)? A reason for their skill levels.
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 7:58 pm

They haven't played for their clubs since about mid June at senior level and the county minors were not allowed play in at least some rounds of the county under 21 championship but I take your point. The thing is Kerry are planning at the start of the year for their seniors to be in the all-Ireland final and the minors to be playing until at least the end of August so their fixtures are planned accordingly rather than being made up as they go along. Also more knock-out football and only 12 teams per division in the league I think (at least in division 1 anyway).

What fascinates me is how do they get the balance between fitness work, playing club games and ball work to get themselves right for the championship. Their far physically stronger than they were in 2012. Even if Cian O'Neill is not interested in being Kildare manager, we should be picking his brains to see how it is done.

In terms of skill level, I suspect that's more to do with how they are coached at under-age level. Even when they weren't winning all-Ireland minor titles for 20 years they were still producing skillful players, just not as fit or as tactically prepared as the likes of Tyrone minor teams.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 3:49 am

Tomas O'Se said a few months ago that all Kerry training sessions start and end with 20 mins of just kicking the ball to one another. That's why they are so skilful in that part of the game.
However they do have a huge advantage in the current provincial system and would not be so successful if they were in another province.
But there is no better way to improve at a game than to play matches regularly and Kildare players should be playing more club football and less A v B games in training. The club got rid of McGeeney because of lack of access to players and then permitted the same carry on with Ryan.
I hope I'm wrong but I feel the minors could be going in under cooked against Tipperary on Sunday week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:19 pm

Ben McCormack putting his hand up for a place in any new managers plans last weekend.
Not been to many games but outside of existing panelists haven't seen anyone else to do same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 7:31 pm

Add Raheens Fitzpatrick to this aswell! Playing very well!
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 12:21 am

I agree with Umpire...I thought McCormack was excellent on Sunday...was a thorn in the side for Larries for the entire game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Player Watch   Player Watch - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Player Watch
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7