Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quarter Final Draws

Go down 
+5
kickingking
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
butterfingers
Big Full Back
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

Quarter Final Draws Empty
PostSubject: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:23 pm

Football Championship Quarter Final draws
Please note that the draws for the quarter finals of the Senior and Intermediate Championships will be held Sunday the 4th September, at 8.00p.m. in St. Conleth's Park.

All clubs are welcome to attend.
Back to top Go down
butterfingers
Intermediate
Intermediate
butterfingers

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 am

Does anyone know if the dates and venues will be released too?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:23 am

matches next weekend
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 5:53 am

Also Semi Finals pencilled in for the following weekend.

Senior Final down for 9th Oct.
Back to top Go down
realmoore
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:09 am

thought the semi finals were two weeks after the quarters??
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:13 am

Senior Football Championship Draw

Athy V Sarsfields
St. Laurences V Moorefield
Celbridge V Clane
Carbury V Allenwood

Senior Football Relegation Draw

Kilcock V Suncroft
Leixlip V St. Kevins

Intermediate Football Draw

Kilcullen V Johnstownbridge
Sallins V Confey
Rathangan V Ellistown
Eadestown V Kill

Intermediate Football Relegation Draw

Raheens V Ballykelly
Caragh V Nurney
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 6:17 am

realmoore wrote:
thought the semi finals were two weeks after the quarters??

That's what I heard and that came from one of the Officers. But then again you know what that means in Kildare. Could all change
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2011 8:16 am

Bit of a farce that Athy and Sarsfields are drawn together after finishing first and second. Surely it would be fairer if the draw was seeded:

1st v 8th
2nd v 7th
3rd v 6th
4th v 5th
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 12:57 am

Good to see 2 Div 3 teams qualify for the qtr final of the Intermediate championship at the expense of Div 1 and Div 2 teams....perhaps it shows the standard in Div 3 is quite high at present?
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:24 am

Kickingking

I cannot agree that the Q/F draws should be seeded on the basis that the qualifiers are not seeded.You cannot have one without the other eg Towers had to play the Moors and the Sash in the qualifiers whereby other teams had much easier qualifier draws. I thaught that Towers did very well to avoid the relegation stages.

I was convinced that Athy and the Sash would play the county final this year but it is not to be.It should be a cracking Q/F.After seeing all the teams this year , I am impressed by Athy who seem to have a trio of quality forwards which is an absolute rarity in Kildare club football.

We played the Larries last saturday and someone told me after that there were 385 handpasses in the game and that was in 60 minutes..It was like watching the Nicks and the Nets in New York. I was dizzy after the game.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:59 am

I think tom, there has to be some benefit to winning your 4 games, the current system leaves things open to teams to "throw" their last game, say for example the Sash knew a loss to Towers last weekend would have meant moorefiled going out, there is nothing stoppig sarsfields or any other team for that matter throwing a game as it would help them in the long run. Surely that is a farcical situation and should be fixed for next years championship.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 3:06 am

Topcat

You have a valid point and that is why the qualifier draws should be seeded also based on the previous years performances eg something like the Champions League in soccer.

Also well done to KFM on their coverage at the weekend ; it was thorough and very exciting.

Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 am

There has to be some reward for finishing as high as possible in the round robin. I've no connection with either Athy or the Sash but I'd be seriously pissed off if I was a member of either club.

I personally think the structure of the county championship needs a complete overhaul.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 9:38 pm

We struggled to play 3 games in the championship a few years back and then they increased it to 4. Not sure what the solution or if a change would make a difference. Its not a bad format noww but it is just played too late in teh year and it is split up too much due to kildare countys success. Its hard on the club player
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quarter Final Draws   Quarter Final Draws Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quarter Final Draws
Page 1 of 1