Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club football

Go down 
+14
losthope
Ogie
Derfil
parcel
Loads of Pints
murof
fanofkildare
Athyman
centreback
behind the lines
lomond
Taibi
ElGuerrouj
browners84
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
browners84
Junior A
Junior A

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 10:59 am

i think the level of excitement about all kildare fans this year is brilliant everyone seems to be really looking forward to the year ahead, really hope we get a leinster this year and maybe an all ireland but also i am really looking forward to the club football to get back going , has to be the most competitive club championship in ireland and i think kildare are reefing the benefits from this , it seems that laois club football has gone to the dogs as portlaois seem ta be untouchable and laois dont seem ta be benefiting from this , correct me if i am wrong but six different teams have won the club championship in the last 7 years , so who do you think will go in as favourites this year???? and when does the aldridge cup start back ?????? i cant wait for it all to be back in full swing Smile
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:06 am

Athy will start the year as favourites I suppose, pretty impressive winners last year and with a very young team with a year's more experience and more importantly experience of winning, they will be hard to beat.

Presume Aldridge cup starts mid Feb or so? (maybe 2nd weekend)
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Can't wait for the matches to begin too, the slogging has to be done first though. Sad

I remember Colm O' Rourke talking at a GAA thingy in our school once and he said he watched an Intermediate game in Kildare the previous weekend and that he couldn't believe the standard of the game, he also said he couldn't get over the size of the crowd at the match as well and that this was light years ahead of Meath club football.

Football is a religion in Kildare.
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 7:59 pm

Keogh Cup have a provisional start date of 18th Feb, Minor Leagues the 12th
Back to top Go down
browners84
Junior A
Junior A

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2012 11:19 pm

im gonna say sarsfields will win the aldridge cup , athy will win the league and have a funny feeling larrys or sash will win champ
Back to top Go down
behind the lines
Junior C
Junior C

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:48 am

I think it's going be sarsfields year it's been a while
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 4:55 am

i`d say moorefield larries or athy for the senior cant see sash beatin these teams, athy larries final be great,
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 11:14 am

If athy win the champship this year they could go on to dominate Kildare football for years to come, but it is a big if, not many teams in kildare have retained the champship. Unfortunately every team wants to beat the champs it will be an interesting season . I think athy have the ability to win a Leinster also.
Back to top Go down
fanofkildare
Junior A
Junior A

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 6:53 pm

Hey browners84 ...leave off the cannabis. We can't have any reefers involved. Would fail a drug test .LOL
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2012 9:18 pm

Think Athy will struggle without Feeley. If he is available then anything is possible but who have they got to replace him that is anywhere near as influential as him. He really is that important to Athy. Looking forward to see will Hyland continue to improve like he did last year.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:41 am

Paddy Dunne will step up again and we have another big midfielder coming back from injury Declan Kinahan . Athy will be very strong again this year, remember our young guns will be a year older , and a bit more physically mature . Kevin will be back with us in October so I do not think we will struggle.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:44 am

David hyland is a fantastic player and will definitely make the senior panel in the next couple of years, if he can put on a bit of weight there will be no stopping him.
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:42 am

jesus we get the f*cking message athyman. Christ
Back to top Go down
ElGuerrouj
Intercounty
Intercounty

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:52 am

Loads of Pints wrote:
jesus we get the f*cking message athyman. Christ

This!!!

Can someone from Athy please set up a forum so Athyman can cream himself about every player from Athy on that instead of here.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:06 am

^^ +1
Back to top Go down
parcel
Senior
Senior

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:41 am

I don't think athy wil do much this year. player burn out will take its toll. Lot of them lads wil be flat out for 3 years solid with county panels and Leinster and u/21 championships. It's not possible to keep it up. A few of them are already breaking down with serious shoulder and groin injuries. also big time Charlie syndrome could also set in. they could start believing the smoke that athyman is blowin up their holes
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 8:53 am

Agree with you Jimmy about player burn out and injury. However there is no chance imo of a big time Charlie syndrome setting in. Most of these players come from strong GAA families and that would not be tolerated. The management likewise have played through some lean times and will want to stay at the top for as long as possible. It's not that long ago that Athy were in a relegation battle.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Fair enough lads, no more bragging about athy , I promise:)
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 12:38 pm

I suppose I better ease off on athy , as some of the comments about our players as big time Charlie's are laughable, murof is correct these lads have there legs firmly planted on the ground , as promised I am not going to go overboard on athy anymore as it may be giving the wrong impression.
Back to top Go down
Derfil
Senior
Senior
Derfil

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Dont mind them Athyman. They're only jealous. Great things are on the way for that club.
Back to top Go down
browners84
Junior A
Junior A

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:21 pm

to me athyman u must be a young lad full of confidence / cocky and think just cause athy won it last year that they are going to walk the championship the next ten years but this is my honest opinion athy had a great year but were lucky to beat sarsfields and laurences on the way too the final dont get me wrong they deserved too win it but kildare senior championships are not easy won there not minor u21 or whatever i can gaurentee u every team in the county will want a crack at them next year and i really dont think athy will win anymore than 2 or 3 championships in the next 12 years tehy will not dominate kildare football either sarsfields with dermot earley back this year and alan smith in form will put it up them as well as crofton making a serious go for it this year , moorefield will be there or there about we have not seen the last of them yet granted moorefield too me need to find another scoring forward but the way sweeney has started his year its a positive for them too , laurences are as young a team as athy id say they will be gunning for ye afterseeing ye win it last year with dessie lawler on the county panel will bring him on loads with podge fogarty and dont forget shaun fahey he has being injured for the last couple of seasons but my god speaking from looking at him a few years ago injury free he is unbelieveable player then u have celbridge who have a serious panel of players mark o sullivan will be back and alot of them young lads will make the step up i reckon this year and from hearing there training at 7 in the morning already in the year only shows they mean business this year, so athyman i can guarentee u one thing a kildare senior championship is never easily won and it wont be any different this year .
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 8:54 am

Jaysus the lad himself said Moorefield would have beaten them, he's only stating the bleeding obvious. All things being equal, they have the potential to be unbelievable. Winning a county championship and two Leinster championsihps with 10 or 11 starting U21s, FFS, why are people so desperate to knock them? no need to answer, I know why.
Look, it's highly unlikely they'll win the next five championships or the next ten or do a Crossmaglen because so much can happen, tiredness, loss of appetite, drink, women (they are only kids after all). But they were class, they are class and they deserve credit.
And as for luck etc, don't give me that, Kerry, Cork, Dublin, Tyrone, Armagh - all the All-Ireland champions have had some luck along the way. I know I would travel to watch Athy play and I can't say that about any other club outside of my own.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:01 am

Good post Ogie. No one expects everyone to love Athy but give them a little credit for playing football with an attractive style and winning a couple games outside Kildare which no team had done since 2007 I believe. It could be a great championship this year and lets hope it's not delayed too long.
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:26 am

Well said Ogie, there are guys on here who give credit to no one but their own, and I too am pretty sure why.

I think its great for Kildare football that there are now quite a number of clubs who can win the senior championship and please God the rivalry displayed here is repeated on the playing fields during the summer. It will only make Kildare football and in turn the Kildare county team better for it.

Like Ogie I think Athy are a lovely team to watch and enjoyed many of their games during the yea.r
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 10:53 am

And goodluck to Ballykelly in the Junior Championship. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Club football Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club football   Club football Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club football
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next