Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders

Go down 
+24
murof
lollypop
kelf
Bān go Lēir
Come on the Boys in Blue
the young lad
overthebar
Highball
SeamusMurphy
Ogie
flourman
Big Full Back
Jimmy winning matches
losthope
Son of Sarsfields
kickingking
steviegenius
Dido
Athyman
topcat
tomcruise
Taibi
Fear An Geata
Muller
28 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Muller
Intermediate
Intermediate

Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Empty
PostSubject: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 am

How do we see them going folks. Fancy Monsterevin to win at the weekend and have a feeling we could see an upset next Sunday. Very impressed with Carbury when I've seen them and not sure if Sash have the defenders to match up to Rossiter and Eoghan o Fla. Should be a great game though.

Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 6:35 am

Will go for the upset this weekend. Raheens have already beaten the other two Div. 1 sides in the Championship. They seem to have come into form at the right time and I reckon they'll win by 1-3 points.

Next week I'd like to see Carbury win but I think they've got it all to do. Sarsfields are worthy favourites and should have enough in hand to leave Carbury disappointed for the second year in a row.
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 7:56 am

I fancy Monasterevin to win at the weekend, they have a back line that doesn't leak too many scores and have 1 or 2 nippy forwards at the other end. If Noel Byrne is contained I wouldn't give Raheens a hope. Monasterevin by 4.

As for the senior final, like Fear I would like to see Carbury win it but just can't see it happening. Sarsfields by 6.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:32 pm

Just to keep the thread going. Obviously I hope that we win on Sunday but it will be mighty hard against the Sash. Hopefully the pain of last year's defeat will spur us on to win the game. I reckon there will be a big crowd on Sunday as the weather forecast is good.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 10:38 pm

Obviously hoping for a win on Sunday, we have shown the form to suggest we are capable of winning but Carbury have been very impressive in all their games to date and have still not conceeded a goal from play in the championship so their defensive structure is very sound and in Eoghan O Falherty they have the top scoreer in this years championship.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 7:29 am

My heart says Carbury but my head says Sarsfields, good luck to both Teams, I hope it will be a great final, spare a thought for the Larries who have been knocked out in two semi finals in a row.
Back to top Go down
Dido
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:51 am

I Think Sarsfields will win by 4-6, We taught we would beat them this year but found them to hard to beat when it came to the crunch. Four players that beat us were Chalky,Smithy,Confrey and Terian.if Carbury curtail these guys there in with a big chance but i can not see this. Athyman thanks for your sentiments towards us but we were not good enough on the day like yourselves . Moorefield won the reserve A Championship so they must have some sort of players coming through so maybe there not dead and buried yet .
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I think its a very interesting game and a hard one to call this weekend. Sarsfields are the league champs won the Aldridge cup so they are the form team this year. Carbury had a good league but were gearing for the championship after last years disappointment they are also unbeaten in this year in the championship where Sarsfields were defeated by Naas in the first round. Both teams have there big players playing well but i think it will come down to which team turns up on the day and hopefully this will be Carbury so its Carbury by 3 points for me.
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:53 am

Best of luck to Carbury on Sunday. It would be nice to see Dermot coming home Smile
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 4:41 am

Hopefully it will be a good day weather wise and we'll see two entertaining games.

I fancy Celbridge in the minor by 5 points and Sarsfields to just edge the senior final by 2.
Back to top Go down
Son of Sarsfields
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:40 am

Very satisfying win today. Carbury did not score enough when they were on top and our subs played a big part in the win and it was nice to see Enda Freaney win his sixth senior medal of the field.

Big change from last year when we were been written off https://kildaregaa.forumotion.com/t741p45-athy-vs-sarsfields
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:45 am

Jesus SoS its a good job they did win today, it wouldn't be healthy to have to hold that in for another year
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:20 am

well done sash never gave up caoimhin mc donnell was man turn the game in last 17 mins , carbury had bad wides when on top, was great to see niall buckley there
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:31 am

Who will be favourite for the champship next year, there are probably only 6 teams with a realistic chance of winning it, anybody care to list them:)
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:15 am

fone wrote:
well done sash never gave up caoimhin mc donnell was man turn the game in last 17 mins , carbury had bad wides when on top, was great to see niall buckley there

Funny game and had the shape of the Athy V Carbury Semi Final. Sarsfields started strong and went 0-05 to 0-01 up, then completely went out of the game and Carbury kicked 6 points and had two great goal chances and I feel if they even scored one they would have put themselves in the driving seat but were probably happy to go in at half time 0-07 to 0-05.

Carbury started the second half better and maybe didn't hit the ground like they did against Athy but still they were in control but some wayward shooting they racked up 4 or 5 wides and they didn't really capitalise on their possession. It was really the introduction of Caoimhin McDonnell that sparked the recovery for Sarsfields. He was also the key when introduced against St. Laurence's. He won a few kickouts and broke balls down to his own lads that they were missing in the middle period of the game. I thought Sarsfields were totally out of it in the middle up to the point of his introduction. He went on the run up the wing setting up the goal. Also this seemed to spark Alan Smith into life and he started winning and laying off a few balls. It was the changing of the game and the winning of it also.

Carbury will be disappointed they couldn't get back into the match after the goal. Feel sorry for them but they didn't capitalise during the 10 mins after half time when they owned the ball. Thought Gary Mangan covered alot of ground and their midfield were on top for a large portion and also thought young Flatherty has a bright future with his runs from the half back line. Two goals last year was the difference and again two goals this year were heartbreaking for them.

Maybe it's just me but I didn't think Chalky had the wonderful game that other's on the forum are saying. He kicked a nice free and 45' but I didn't think he was head and shoulders better than others on the day. To be honest I struggled to see anyone jumping out for man of the match. Thought Patrick Sullivan has been very good in goal for Sarsfields all year. He saved two penaties enroute to the final and brought off two good saves today. Conor Tiernan's penalty was very well put away.

All in it has been a good year for Sarsfields. They've won the Aldridge, Leinster Leader and Dermot Burke Cup's. They have been consistent and not a bad return from John Crofton. He's wiped the slate and introduced plenty of youth into the team and it's paid dividends. I'm sure there'll be plenty of celebrating in Roseberry tonight.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:24 pm

What a year!! The job Crofton has done with the Sash is incredible!! The major difference today was we took our goal chances and Carbury did not, still majot debate about who got the first goal, I reckon McKenna myself but I know a loit of people who have Confrey backed at 9/1 will be disappointed to hear me saying that. Having won all competitions on offer I don't think there can be any debate that the best team won the championship, no doubt somebody on here will prove me wrong over the next few days though!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 5:49 pm

topcat wrote:
What a year!! The job Crofton has done with the Sash is incredible!! The major difference today was we took our goal chances and Carbury did not, still majot debate about who got the first goal, I reckon McKenna myself but I know a loit of people who have Confrey backed at 9/1 will be disappointed to hear me saying that. Having won all competitions on offer I don't think there can be any debate that the best team won the championship, no doubt somebody on here will prove me wrong over the next few days though!! Very Happy

TC you must still be celebrating with a late post like that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Shocking referee decission cost Towers the minor title.

Anyone know when replay is fixed?
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:11 pm

flourman wrote:
Shocking referee decission cost Towers the minor title.

Anyone know when replay is fixed?

Sunday, 4th November.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:19 pm

Very strange game that could have easily have been won by Carbury. But Sarsfields got the goal and it sounds simplistic - it is simplistic - but that was the difference.

http://www.daraghoconchuir.ie/blog.php?id=2328
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:36 am

One has to feel for the young Towers Lads this morning. They were exellent, and IMO robbed of the Title by an awful decision. Celbridge will improve, no doubts.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 1:13 am

Very enjoyable game I taught Carbury threw it away they were on top for most of the game but they didn't take there chances which Sarsfields did thats what you have to do to win championships.

The best player on the pitch yesterday by a county mile was Carburys no 6 Daryel o Brien.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 am

Carbury won the Minor C Title, St Larences won the Minor B Title, and Towers who were so unlucky Yesterday not to be Minor A Champions, all have One thing in common !! None of them had a County Minor Panelist this Year. Strange or what ??
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:21 am

Congratulations to Sarsfields. A good win. Plenty of doubters earlier in the year, but they have been a hungry team throughout all competitions entered this year and its not a surprising conclusion.

Carbury could easily have won that game. Sometimes you walk out of a game thinking that a team stole a victory. In a way, it felt like sah "stole" a 6 point win. I guess they were just more clinical when it counted. Subs made a huge difference.

Finally, i dont believe Chalky had a great game yesterday but he is the heartbeat of that side. Similarly Ray Cahill had been fantastic all year but didnt happen at all for him yesterday.

Patrick O Sullivan had a very good game in goals, made some crucial saves at key times. He has also saved 3 penalties this year. Certainly one to be considered at county level and in my opinion a contender for player of the year.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:23 am

Can't see why lads a saying that it was a shocking decision by the ref for the penalty in the last minute of minor final.......towers defender touched the ball with his hand while lying on the ground in the small square which is a penalty according to the rule book.........simple as that lads.....and yes he was in the square.......harsh on towers who really played well on the day but that's football for you, they team who makes the least amount of mistakes normally win, but in this case it ended in a draw, celbridge kicked alot of wides while on top and towers played there way back into it after a rocky start.....looking forward to the replay.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders   Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Intermediate, Minor and Senior Deciders
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next