Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Get McGeeney back or move on

Go down 
+9
Athyman
Lilywhite forever
losthope
KILL BILL
OutTheGap
kildaregaa365
Ogie
MD
Cilldara_2000
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should McGeeney still be reappointed?
Yes
Get McGeeney back or move on Vote_lcap49%Get McGeeney back or move on Vote_rcap
 49% [ 42 ]
No
Get McGeeney back or move on Vote_lcap51%Get McGeeney back or move on Vote_rcap
 51% [ 43 ]
Total Votes : 85

AuthorMessage
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

Get McGeeney back or move on Empty
PostSubject: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:23 pm

As per the poll question. Are you in favour getting McGeeney back or do you think it's time to move on.
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:19 am

I want Geezer back.. But I do believe at the same time bringing him back would cause more uproar and increase the division that already exists between people in the county in the aftermath of tuesday.. Hate saying this but we need to move on and find the best man for the job. However I am still unsure on who that man is.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:32 am

Anyone got a breakdown of the votes?!
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 1:25 am

I'm was pro McGeeney but I don't see him being re-appointed as an option. He'd be on a hiding to nothing and that sort of pressure will transfer onto a very young squad. I'd love a scenario where he comes out of the shower and it was all a bad dream, but back in real life the county has made it's bed and will have to get on with it.

I wonder will the same high standards be applied to the next poor bugger ?
Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:00 am

Crofter wrote:
I'm was pro McGeeney but I don't see him being re-appointed as an option. He'd be on a hiding to nothing and that sort of pressure will transfer onto a very young squad. I'd love a scenario where he comes out of the shower and it was all a bad dream, but back in real life the county has made it's bed and will have to get on with it.

I wonder will the same high standards be applied to the next poor bugger ?
I would disagree. At this moment, it would seem like by far the best option. I was amazed when I heard he had talks with Pat Mangan and would consider coming back if the conditions were right. I would have thought he wouldn't want to have anything more to do with us after what happened.

What if he agreed to meet the club delegates and a genuine compromise could be reached as regards availability of players? It was a big mistake not doing this before the last meeting. I think if the delegates heard him outline his plans for Kildare and heard his passion for Kildare football, some of them might have a change of heart.

I don't think a bit of extra pressure would phase Kieran McGeeney and it might bring the players closer together as well. I think your last question sums it up - it would be nearly impossible for the next man in these circumstances.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:13 am

Would be delighted if that worked out JohnnyC - just hard to see it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:31 am

http://www.hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=200435
Looks like their using their heads up there in Donegal.
Would also love to see it happen Johnny C.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 3:26 am

Saw that Whiteknight but vastly different scenario - up there McGuinness is a god and the fans all want him to stay I'm sure. The clubs may have grievances but it doesn't go as far as wanting the manager out at all costs as it did down here.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:22 am

The bottom line is it can happen if the will is there - however unorthodox this may be, and I believe the will is there, and the depth of feeling with the players and Club Kildare supports this. for the greater good of Kildare football it should happen, what those outside of Kildare think of this matters not a jot, as a Club Kildare member and Kildare supporter for 40 years I consider this to be the most important move during this time.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:24 am

29:28 here too Very Happy but the other way around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:29 am

Well said kill Bill. Good observation there Cill Dara cheers 
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 6:55 am

There needs to be dialogue between the club delegates and the county senior team, there is far to much contempt being shown by both sides, the county officers are supposed to be the link but they have failed to bridge this divide, we are all part of the Kildare Gaa family, we need to ignore the extremists on both sides. If McGeeney is willing to keep himself in the frame, well that chat has to happen, it will take some very level headed people to resolve this but it can be done. I see even now its still 50/50
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:13 am

Just as a matter of interest - how do we know this is limited to one vote per person? don't want to start another civil war here!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:36 am

If the will is there, there is a way.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:14 am

This could motivate Geezer even more to come back and prove to those who voted him out wrong. Im sure he wants to come back because the players wouldn't have released that statement otherwise. They would have made contact with him first.
Back to top Go down
Athyman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:17 am

I hear Kevin mcStay as a possible successor Smile
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:22 am

Larry Tompkins and Brian Lacey are 2 other ones. Ah sure throw in Trapattoni's name aswell why don't ye's.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:22 am

It would be good motivation for the players too.We just need Mr McMahon to get the ball rolling instead of saying nobody asked me for a meeting we are waiting 5 days to respond Etc. The sooner this is Ironed out the better for the Kildare Gaa family.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:39 am

Athyman wrote:
I hear Kevin mcStay as a possible successor Smile
That just puts the tin hat on the week. Thanks Athyman Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:47 am

Kevin Mcstay 'ah noooooooo! ah noooo!' at least we know he was on our side when it came to the Bernard Brogann free Very Happy 
But McStay silent 
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:58 am

Standards must be really high in Kildare when we look down our noses at the manager who guided his team to an AI club win last march!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:11 am

I am not looking down my nose at all. The reason I have the smiley with the x on the mouth is his commentary on Rte,nothing to do with credentials. You can bet your house on that Murof  sure Kildare can get rid of the standard of McGeeney for better Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:26 am

What are you on about murof most teams set high standards. Why wouldn't they be high after being a top 6 to 8 team since 2008, who also have a big fanbase. They're not in it for the craic.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 11:09 am

murof wrote:
Standards must be really high in Kildare when we look down our noses at the manager who guided his team to an AI club win last march!
It's hardly top class inter co Murof and he does spout some awful shi_te on TV. Besides I thought the whole point was that Geezer's standards weren't high enough for us?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Standards in Kildare were really high in 09-11 and we were a genuine top 6 team then and imo unlucky not to win an AI in 10. But we have slipped a long way from that level now if you go on our defeat margins to Dublin this year compared to those years. I have no preference for any new manager and indeed would welcome McGeeney back minus some of his backroom team, why does he need so many and what exactly are they all doing anyway?
Dont forget that McGeeney was not a universlly popular choice in 07 and there were a lot of mutterings about negative ulster football about then which increased after we got relegated. Maybe the time has come to ease of on the gym mentality and concentrate on the skill level and pace of the players available to us. It's working for Dublin this year and always seems to work for Kerry. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Get McGeeney back or move on   Get McGeeney back or move on Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Get McGeeney back or move on
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next