Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wearing green a disgrace

Go down 
+27
stevie
bob12
carburyman
paulus
Yellow Pearl
bloodsub
Cilldara_2000
stanley
peile
kartman
wingback
Ogie
FearBan
Sam1928
tomcruise
steviegenius
shoutitout
lilywhiteforlife
kickingking
Ohtoohtobe
walsheman
kildarecat
TheBigFullForward
Rex
Stonecold
rgb
Jimmy winning matches
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

wearing green a  disgrace Empty
PostSubject: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:13 am

at july county board meeting a delegate described the kildare wearing their away green strip for two games against antrim as disgraceeful at county board meeting . in response padraig ashe said the decision was taken by team in cojunction with management . the team felt there would be a clash with colour on the bright evening of frist game.and on tv the colours would clash . they wanted to go with green jersey explained ashe
Back to top Go down
rgb
All-Star
All-Star
rgb

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:15 am

I think the delegate in question needs a bit of perspective on this- it's hardly the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:23 am

Damn, and here's me thinking they wouldn't wear the white jersey again until they earned it.

On a side note, I like the green jersey.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:27 am

Between the old forum getting a mention and the strip being pulled apart things must be going all right in the Ivory towers.

While we are on the subject of the strip, when did the stripes appear on the shorts. I've noticed them since the Louth game but don't remember them in the league.

I like the Green Jersey as well.
Back to top Go down
TheBigFullForward
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:35 am

While I wouldn't be getting too worked about it, I can't believe that Kildare were asked to change their jersey's because of clash when nobody asked Limerick or Kerry to change at the weekend. That was a much bigger clash and was very hard to distinguish between them on telly, even the dubs v tipp was a bigger clash IMHO.

Also, if Kildare and Antrim were clashing surely it would have up to Antrim to change strip for the replay?

There is more to this story me thinks!!
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:39 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:
While I wouldn't be getting too worked about it, I can't believe that Kildare were asked to change their jersey's because of clash when nobody asked Limerick or Kerry to change at the weekend. That was a much bigger clash and was very hard to distinguish between them on telly, even the dubs v tipp was a bigger clash IMHO.

Also, if Kildare and Antrim were clashing surely it would have up to Antrim to change strip for the replay?

I'm inclined to agree, seems strange that Antrim were not asked to change, maybe its a psychological thing in the dressing room, the green jersey makes us look like puppy dogs while the white makes us look like kittens?.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:40 am

disgrace........bloody idiot,speaking about an over-reaction....he will choke on his corn flakes when he hears it will be green again saturday!!!!
always thought the green jersey as a bit of a qualifer jersey,if things dont go right in leinster in white ,go green in the qualifiers then
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:41 am

But Moorefield wear green????
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:46 am

Stonecold wrote:
But Moorefield wear green????

Much prefer playing in white stonecold most of our great wins over the last decade the white jersey was donned!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCyxo9QdXpg
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:53 am

TheBigFullForward wrote:

Your right about the Kerry Limerick match. They were very similar.

Surely not mind games. Lord, if it's true that delegate's head will explode.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:18 am

I prefer white and I don't think there should be any black trim either. Sure whatever floats their boat but I hope it's not a long-term thing.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 11:27 am

Who cares what they're wearing as long as they keep winning!
Back to top Go down
lilywhiteforlife
Junior A
Junior A
lilywhiteforlife

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:13 pm

kickingking wrote:
Who cares what they're wearing as long as they keep winning!

my sentiments exactly!

only one point though is that when they do flashbacks of games the white is nicer..have to think for a sec when its the green to realise its us.
Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:31 pm

From what I hear it was the players that chose to wear the green over the white as they thought it would clash. Dont think it was pushed on them by the GAA. As a player you want to make sure that your team mate stands out on the pitch.

If the county board are against the green jersey why did they agree to it in the first place? They would have being the ones that signed off on it before it was lanuched.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:33 pm

County Board are happy for it to sell in shops, there should be no fuss if the lads decide to wear it once in a while.

I wouldnt mind getting my hands on one of the player issue green jerseys.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:34 pm

I heard the players decided that they wanted to wear green against Antrim. They also decided to wear white against Leitrim as there green jerseys would clash with ours ha.
If this what goes on at the county board meeting there are some sad people out there

PS. I also think the green jersey is cool and I have one myself
Back to top Go down
tomcruise
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 9:54 pm

We are the Lillywhites and should wear the white jersey.We are known as the Lillywhites the length and breath of the country and should remain that way.If this is a long term thing , I am going to start a revolution on the matter.It's not good enough.What about all the legends who wore the white jersey ? What about the first winners of the Sam Maguire ? What about my dad ? What about the Leinster winners in 1998 and 2000 ?

I have heard some people say that white is surrender.Rubbish.You don't see the boys in blue changing their colours because Kerry beat them 25 points last year.Jaysus lads have a bit of pride and tradition in your county.

My motto ' Born a white , always a white ' and 'No surrender to the green ( foreign ) jersey'.

On another note , why are people leaving Eoghan Flats of their team.Great first half against Antrim and ok against Leitrim.He is a kid and one for the future and everybody should be encouraging him.He missed winter training but is playing great club football at the moment.Kildare man of the match in the AI u/21 final a couple of years back.If the same criteria was used against others like Roli , Leper , Paudie O'Neill etc they probably would not be on the panel at this stage.Go on Eoghan and be man of the match saturday.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:21 pm

I still like to think that the reason they wore green was that they had to earn the right to wear the white again, on my planet that is.
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 10:34 pm

I agree with you on Eoghan TC I think he's going to be a very important player for Kildare in the (hopefully near) future.
Also agree with you on the white long-term, not gonna panic about them changing for a couple of matches but in the long run it has to be all white.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:11 am

wearing green a  disgrace Storm1

......in

....a

wearing green a  disgrace Teacup2_l
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:32 am

Nah long-term it's more important than that Sam. Would you like to see Ireland wearing blue?
Back to top Go down
FearBan
Intercounty
Intercounty
FearBan

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:37 am

What?? Thunder and lightening in a china mug on an upturned saucer with a spoon? There must be a metaphor I’m missing out on…

In fairness lads, the green jersey is our second jersey, to be worn when colours clash. However I was annoyed when we had to wear green home and away against Antrim and will be annoyed if we have to wear it again in Derry if they get to wear their home jersey. Surely both sides should change.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:41 am

don't think anyone suggesting Eoghan Flats be dropped for Saturday was a case of people dissing him. The points made above are exactly why he might not be at his best. The intensity and physicality is a big step up from the league. He has done well and all going well, has a big future, be it in the white or green. But I would have left him off for Celtic Park. And it remains to be seen if he will start. But if he does, I hope he goes a bomb.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:42 am

I agree fully with your point o2b, this furore is simply down to the gaa rulebook not being adequate as usual.

Its quite simple, home teams should always wear their first jersey always. the visiting team should change their jerseys.

Back to top Go down
shoutitout
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 12:55 am

The norm for the jersey colour is away team changes. If the match is at a neutral venue both teams change unless both teams away jerseys clash then it is a toss. As I said already it is my believe that the GAA did not ask for a change in the first game, so that is my Antrim did not change. It was our players that looked to change so we cant give out.

I am also one that wants to see us play in white it is our colour and should ware it with pride.

Does anyone know where the green came from? Before it we had a black jersey as our second. Another thing is , we are the only county to have just one colour on our flag so for that reason should our second jersey not be white also and that we should never have to change?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wearing green a disgrace
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next