Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

wearing green a disgrace

Go down 
+27
stevie
bob12
carburyman
paulus
Yellow Pearl
bloodsub
Cilldara_2000
stanley
peile
kartman
wingback
Ogie
FearBan
Sam1928
tomcruise
steviegenius
shoutitout
lilywhiteforlife
kickingking
Ohtoohtobe
walsheman
kildarecat
TheBigFullForward
Rex
Stonecold
rgb
Jimmy winning matches
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 am

Might be bollixology to you Latebutgreat but to a lot of us it's a great source of pride and identity.
Doesn't matter the size and professionalism of the team, be it Barcelona, Shamrock Rovers or Kildangan, colours mean something.
Like I said let them wear green for a few games if it's some sort of psychological boost to them, but long term, it's got to be all white.
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:47 pm

To me doesnt matter what colour the lads wear once we win
Back to top Go down
bob12
All-Star
All-Star
bob12

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:42 pm

carburyman agree who cares as long as we win
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Remember 1998 when Croker was a sea of white, I was so proud to be a Kildare fan that day...don't think a sea of green would do the same for me being honest
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:19 pm

Quiet right wingback,see of white is great,maybe and hopefully if we get that far this year ,we wil wear all white
Back to top Go down
stevie
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: people should move on   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:45 pm

to be honest im a newbie to this fourm but so be it yes kildare are kowing for being the lillie whites but what about it the new green jersey is different and to be honest its a nice jersy who cares what colour we are wearing as long as the lads are winning also its a new team a new magament the past 2 years or so so why not a new jersey in this day n age what does it matter im a hugh kildare supporter but this is one change i like sometimes different is good and people need to relise that lets get out of the old kildare thinking days n move with the time n also with regaurd to seen croker in a sea of white that wont happpen n e more cause most supports wear the club tshirts jackets ect so lets all pull together n get the lads ta wear green for the rest of the year. the lean green kildare fighting mechines
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:22 am

Also the Dubs are known as the boys in blue but now they have red on there jersey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dinny Breen
Senior
Senior
Dinny Breen

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:29 am

In fairness Sligo use to wear white but they beat us wearing black in 2001 and haven't wore white since..
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:36 am

If the lad that was giving out at the county board meeting about not wearing white at all times reads some of the replies on here he'll digging a big hole somewhere to throw himself in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:41 am

I for one would not be in favour of them wearing green in the long term, i don't mind them wearing green in the even of a colour clash or if they are playing away but we're Kildare, we're unique in that we share colours with no other county on the country.
There are plenty of red and whites, green and whites,blue and white.
But no one is Bán go leor.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 1:57 am

that's how I see it Fionn.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:51 am

wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Mountains
Back to top Go down
Come on the Boys in Blue
All-Star
All-Star
Come on the Boys in Blue

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 2:26 pm

i dont mean to interrupt here , and correct me, is the county jersey not white because clane were county champions " Kildare entered the second championships in 1888, and was represented by Clane" what if towers ,sarfields naas etc , won the county in 1888 would any of there colour improved the countys record, ??? ,infact the final in that year was clane v nass so it could have been blue/white hoops !!! ,i think its a case of the men in them which count !!!!! so if green works f..k it , if its black /amber , the green/white sash , who cares its the results , and to date , i would 100% say that its "the men inside them which count " be happy lads , and thats just a neutral view , if a green jersey gives them the belief they are bullet proof and full of confindence , go with it ,i dont think the colour of your jersey will stop teams scoring or beating you, its the heart soul and belief which fills them jerseys. And thats from a dub pirat and as the above poster states mountains and mole hills in the flat plains of kildare , why go with the flow , geezer is no fool , you think the orange jersey he wore in 2002 and its associated ramifications living in ulster ie: the orange lodge/order hindered armagh , not a chance , it was the men inside those jerseys !!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:20 pm

It is the men inside that make the jersey but tradition is very important.

I work with a few Dubs and they were none to happy to see Red appear on their new Jersey's. In fact, I'd say a few Dubs would rather cut their own heads off than wear a green Jersey in Croke park.

White is the County Coulurs, that will never change but wearing green the odd time does no one any harm.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 7:47 pm

Sorry Vodafone,
I'd have to draw the line if Kildare sported a white sash accross a green jersey. I may as well support Laois then. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 9:58 pm

Kildare won the toss for Jerseys last night and will wear white on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:12 pm

Did fone inform you of that, unless he did I'll refuse to believe it.
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:45 pm

fionnmccool wrote:
Kildare won the toss for Jerseys last night and will wear white on Saturday.

Oh no, what will people moan about on Monday morning????
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Can we not do like Spain? , when the time comes to collect Sam we can put on the white geansai for the presentation and photos - nice white jerseys with 5 stars.............................
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 12:42 am

back in the white for croker is a good thing,cant wait for saturday now!!!
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 2:39 am

Speaking of jerseys. Can you get the gameday jerseys anywhere i.e. the fitted ones?

Its just that I'm looking rather buff these days and wouldnt mind squeezing into one just for the laydeez wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 3:30 am

yeah i think the o'neills shop does xtra xtra xtra large Sam
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:46 pm

walsheman wrote:

I said Jerseys walsheman, not boxer shorts.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 11:56 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
walsheman wrote:

I said Jerseys walsheman, not boxer shorts.
ah ur being a bit harsh on urself,ur arse is big but not J-LO big!!!!!
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 2:12 am

quality stuff lads, quality stuff lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wearing green a disgrace   wearing green a  disgrace - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wearing green a disgrace
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next