Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

McGeeney on KFM now

Go down 
+4
GaaHead
lilypremier
KILL BILL
Rex
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

McGeeney on KFM now Empty
PostSubject: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:06 am

Geezer talking about new deal
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 5:12 am

Only a short snippet, full 12 minute interview on Sunday sport.

Wants to stay- 3 years looks likely if he is given it, but he has other things in his life.
Negotiations next week
More systems to be put in place to make Kildare one of the top teams in the country every year not every decade.
More work to be done on the current squad.
Wants to get only players coming through that want to wear the white jersey.
Three minors this year were very near team, another two or three could come in.
Some great talent on the way up.

All that in about 3 minutes.

Oh if KFM want to give me a few quid or a promotions job you can get in contact here. Smile
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:21 am

Great news JME, thanks for the update
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:27 am

ya thanks for the news JME. Sounds like Geezer is here for another while. With a few new plans in place.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:29 am

The best news I have had in 2 weeks - honestly
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:17 pm

The only thing that was ever going to scupper Geezer staying on was the County Board.

His is a huge Kildare man now. He eats, sleeps and drinks Kildare football.
He was by all accounts like a man in mourning the week after Down and for it to mean so much to a man that had no previous association with Kildare football will ensure that he will leave no stone left unturned in the quest for greatness.
Despite what the cynics say, i believe it means much more to him than just money and glory.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:50 pm

He also said that his loyalty to the players is unquestioned.
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 12:58 am

You have said it all JME Smile Full interview (about 13 minutes) on Kfm Sunday Sport at 3.30....
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:09 am

Where's my money Wink
Back to top Go down
lilypremier
Senior
Senior
lilypremier

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:13 am

We'll get Killian whelan the laois man to bring it to ya in a bag. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:43 am

great interview done by geezer on kfm today. he really showed his passion for kildare gaa and players
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:06 am

Agree with you there fone. When it's podcasted listen to it and see why he should be kept for as long as possible. He had so many ideas or "thoughts" that he could really revolutionise this County from the top down.

Loved his dig about "natural footballers" Eugene take note. When he says in his twenty years playing/coaching he has not come across a greater number of talented natural footballers you must take notice.

Keiran, stay as long as you want, because when you do move on we'll find it hard to get a man half your heart and talent.

P.S
Padraig Ashe I expect to be raising a glass to you and Geezer come the weekend for sorting this out. Don't let us down.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:36 am

Yeah lads - heard it myself today...........great interview and I agree with all the posters above. It was so heartening to hear him speak about how as a county we should be planning to one of the top counties every year and not just once in a blue moon. This minute I'd give him 20 years!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 am

the interview is on kfm wedsite
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 9:00 am

It's hard not to buy into his positivity. He clearly puts his heart and soul into it and you can be sure no stone will be left unturned in the preparation of the team.

Some of his ideas and suggestions are very worthy of further investigation. I thought he made a very relevant observation about the schools and colleges structure in the county. This is an area I feel we could improve upon. His suggestion that we should be encouraging our players to take up sports scholarships at NUI Maynooth is also worth looking into. KCB should be looking to form some kind of partnership with the college - look at what CIT have done in Cork in recent years and what Tralee RTC did for Kerry football in the late nineties.
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:09 am

what a man!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: McGeeney on KFM now   McGeeney on KFM now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

McGeeney on KFM now
Page 1 of 1