Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

mcgeeney in demand

Go down 
+35
rgb
kartman
GaaHead
tomcruise
steviegenius
Fear An Geata
peile
ElGuerrouj
koko39
flourman
kickingking
armagh4sam
White Bridge
bloodsub
Derfil
Sam1928
townendterrace
Always_White
bob12
KILL BILL
MD
Rex
ripvanwinkle
losthope
Stonecold
Loads of Pints
wingback
kildarecat
if_in_doubt
stanley
walsheman
carburyman
centreback
Ogie
Jimmy winning matches
39 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:49 pm

killdare chiefs will look to sure mcgeeney services as manager of senior team sooner rather than later. county chairman padraig ashe has reterated his dersire to retain mcgeeney talents. the dust has to settle a bit and then we"ll see where it goes, but i haven't changed what my intention has been since i came chairman and i have made it clear to kieran as well " said ashe yesterday. " we will sit down and see if there some issues that need to be deiscussed and ironed out, but i have always wanted kieran to stay, and that was from before we went on this great run . from irish independent today
Back to top Go down

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:06 pm

Talk is cheap fone, and thats all Ashe has done on this whole subject.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:10 pm

to be fair here, I think he obviously does want Geezer to stay... I mean he's not insane. So they'll just have to have a chat and see can they come to an agreement. I'd be very confident he will be around for at least next year and probably the next three.
Back to top Go down

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:15 pm

We need him to commit to a minimum of 2 and should be aiming for 3.

If he commits for one more year its putting pressure on all invovled to deliver next year and there is enough pressure without heaping that burden on the players also.

I'm not saying he doesnt want Geezer to stay, but why has it been left so late in the year to offer him the position again?

Could this not have been done earlier in the year.

Will McGeeney attend the club championship with his future up in the air?

Preparations for next year believe it or not began at 5pm on Sunday evening.
Back to top Go down
centreback
All-Star
All-Star
centreback

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 pm

i agree fionn this is not to be messed around with if a good footballing county like mayo or galway put a good offer on the table we could lose him before we know it
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 9:49 pm

Lads i feeling is that he will give it 3 more years.
The bond he has with these players is unreal,he knows there is sliver ware in this team
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:02 am

hopefully he gives us 10
Back to top Go down
stanley
Intercounty
Intercounty
stanley

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:49 am

Talking to a couple of Armagh lads and they were saying that although they want him to someday take over at the helm , he isn't the type of man to leave a job half done and people up there are expecting him to stay with Kildare for a good few years yet. I hope to God they are right.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:56 am

Can't see him leaving just yet to be honest, unless of course the board and some of the "administrators" make an absolute hash of things. He should be given as long as he wants, realistically though a two year minimum would be reasonable.

He knows full well the potential this team has, and that by bringing in some of the minors to train with the seniors he seems to be thinking long term.

The only county he'd leave us for is Armagh, and to be fair if they came looking for him in a few years time then we couldn't begrudge him that opportunity.
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:24 am

Lets be honest how many of you have a had a change of heart since the poor league campaign and the Louth ambush?.
We could quite easily have been dumped out against Antrim deep into extra time in Newbridge and if that happened the whole picture changes In fairness to Ashe he was entitled to hold out offering Kieran the position.
But subsequent events have all but eradicated the doubting Thomases.
I think McGeeney will except at least another 2 year term [unpaid of course!] as he seems to have built up a great effinity with these bunch of lads and the players seem to have a great respect for him.
Back to top Go down
wingback
Senior
Senior

Location : Two Mile House and Poulaphouca, Blacktrench, Cutbush and Boolea

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:41 am

kildarecat wrote:
Lets be honest how many of you have a had a change of heart since the poor league campaign and the Louth ambush?.
We could quite easily have been dumped out against Antrim deep into extra time in Newbridge and if that happened the whole picture changes In fairness to Ashe he was entitled to hold out offering Kieran the position.
I think McGeeney will except at least another 2 year term [unpaid of course!] as he seems to have built up a great effinity with these bunch of lads and the players seem to have a great respect for him.

Well put Kildarecat, agree with you fully
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 1:50 am

kildarecat wrote:
i had change heart .
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 am

I didn't have a change of heart... I was a supporter when he came in, I was a supporter after Wicklow, I was a supporter after the league this year and after Louth... for me, the reasons for what happened this year were obvious. I never said 'I told you so' here in the last five or six weeks (don't think I did anyway!).

We all have opinions but I did think there was a kneejerk reaction and expressed that opinion. You've got to look at a big picture and not things in isolation. But there was a sizeable group that wanted rid of McGeeney and in the circumstances maybe that's why Ashe was holding on.

Who's to say that the subject hasn't been broached already but McGeeney didn't want to have that discussion until the season was over? I don't know anyway, but there seem to be a few well informed people here that do. Reading a website earlier I came across through facebook, Ashe said that he had already told McGeeney he wanted him to stay. We'll see but whoever said above that he's not the type to leave a job half-done, I'd say they have that dead right.
Back to top Go down

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:08 am

kildarecat wrote:

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Loads of Pints
All-Star
All-Star
Loads of Pints

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:30 am

fionnmccool wrote:
kildarecat wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I like this
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 2:46 am

kildarecat wrote:

I think our minds and thoughts are polluted by soccer and tabloids. All through the league everybody questioned him, questioned his training techniques, wondered why players were so lethargic, said they were spending too much time in the gym, rumours of walk outs, partisan politics, why isn't such and such on the team, questioned whether Paul Grimley was the real brains of the operation, questioned his tactics.

The man and the team has paid us back in spades. The players obviously love him and bleed for him. Talk is cheap, somebody should be pestering the balls off him on a daily basis to commit to another 3 years at least. This waiting for the dust to settle is horsesh*t!!!!!! Get it done!!!!!!!! ACTA NON VERBA!!!!!
Back to top Go down
carburyman
All-Star
All-Star
carburyman

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:11 am

Agree stonecold with all that...
Back to top Go down
losthope
All-Star
All-Star

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:31 am

I'll have to put my hand up for that one Kildarscat
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:36 am

we should know what on this subject when they have county board next tuseday night
Back to top Go down
kildarecat
All-Star
All-Star
kildarecat

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 3:42 am

ballyboy wrote:
I'll have to put my hand up for that one Kildarscat

Isn't it nice to be proven wrong and been man enough to admit it?

Ashe will offer him the post a no brainer really but the final decision ultimately falls on the Geezers shoulders and it would come as a major shock to the system if he didn't give it at least one more year at the helm.
Back to top Go down
ripvanwinkle
Senior
Senior
ripvanwinkle

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 5:57 am

why would he leave??? hes only about 38, he has 20 years to manage armagh, the team is getting closer every year, 2 more years....... why couldn he stay 6 or 7....... most of the successful counties have stuck with managers for long periods, kernan,harte,micko,o connor. i cant see how he can turn away now or the county board could
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:04 am

Exactly Ern he is so young that he has all the time he wants to manage Armagh in the future .He could stay with Kildare until he was fifty and he would only be reaching the age of most other managers. The only thing I would be worried about is if he decides himself that he wants a break due to family commitments
Back to top Go down
walsheman
All-Star
All-Star
walsheman

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 7:35 am

family commitments or travel!!
but geezer is going nowhere and im sure soon enough,an extra 2 years at least will be announced,well i pray
Back to top Go down
MD
All-Star
All-Star
MD

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:03 am

Geezer has the hunger for sucess will be a major shock if he leaves. I'd love to have him for as long as Meath had Boylan. I can see him here for 3 more years and if no silverware by then he will go. However we will have something by then,I know it.
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 am

ManBearPig wrote:
family commitments or travel!!
but geezer is going nowhere and im sure soon enough,an extra 2 years at least will be announced,well i pray
lives dublin
is he marry ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mcgeeney in demand Empty
PostSubject: Re: mcgeeney in demand    mcgeeney in demand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mcgeeney in demand
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next