Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

kildare v monaghan

Go down 
+51
Fear An Geata
Caprea
BelieveToAchieve
Gonzo
Ohtoohtobe
stanley
Lily8
The observer
TommyKeegan
moatesports
lilywhites on tour
teedee
Misneach
bob12
Flamingo
Rex
LillieLad
MD
Cilldara_2000
Xavi
kildaregaa365
johnsmyth
jimmers
Jimmy winning matches
jj
lilysavage
Taibi
tomoneillandhissisteranne
reichenhall
SeamusMurphy
jim
Shergar
lillyboy
Loads of Pints
if_in_doubt
kickingking
Cranky
Onhisboot
micky murphy
OutTheGap
murof
Westside
flourman
Gaa1928
Kildare98
standhimup
nuxer
Wonder48
shortgrass
topcat
naked-lilly
55 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

kildare   v   monaghan Empty
PostSubject: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 4:39 am

so its set 2 august no venue set yet . could be croke park with double header with meath armagh match , going to be tough match major improvement is needed from last night
Back to top Go down
naked-lilly
Senior
Senior
naked-lilly

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 8:58 am

I think we can all agree on one thing ollie lyons gets the conor mcmanus job
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:28 am

We are more than capable of beat Monaghan but it will be very tough, they are very defensive and have a couple of very good forwards who were poor today but will get more space against us. How they will react to losing an Ulster final will have a big bearing on the result.
Back to top Go down
shortgrass
Senior
Senior
shortgrass

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:25 pm

When will venue be confirmed?
Back to top Go down
Wonder48
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:35 pm

Later today...
Back to top Go down
nuxer
Intermediate
Intermediate
nuxer

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:43 pm

anyone know why Daryl Flynn is not getting a look in ?
Back to top Go down
standhimup
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:52 am

Saturday, August 2
All-Ireland Senior Football Championship Round 4B Qualifiers
Meath v Armagh, Croke Park, 5pm - Live on Sky Sports
Kildare v Monaghan, Croke Park, 7pm - Live on Sky Sports
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:04 am

The fact Meath and ourselves are playing should draw a decent crowd. I've given up trying to predict what Kildare are going to do at this stage. Play like we did in the first halves of the Meath and Clare games and we haven't prayer, produce something similar to the Louth and Down performances and we could land the dubious prize of a date with the Dubs...
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 2:40 am

I would suggest that this will be a very close Match, mainly due to the fact that neither will want to Win it..  Idea  as the Winners will face the Dubs  affraid 
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 3:03 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
I would suggest that this will be a very close Match, mainly due to the fact that neither will want to Win it..   Idea   as the Winners will face the Dubs   affraid 

That's not set in stone. Could be Donegal if Armagh beat Meath
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 4:26 am

jj wrote:
SeamusMurphy wrote:
I would suggest that this will be a very close Match, mainly due to the fact that neither will want to Win it..   Idea   as the Winners will face the Dubs   affraid 

That's not set in stone.  Could be Donegal if Armagh beat Meath
I hope to god Armagh win and we play Donegal instead of the Dubs thats if we win of course!!
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:07 am

tickets are 25 euro for hogan and cusack stands no hill 16 on day
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Is it not already pre determined ?, what difference would it make if Armagh beat Meath ?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:11 pm

[quote="SeamusMurphy"]Is it not already pre determined ?,  what difference would it make if Armagh beat Meath ?

I think SeamusMurphy that if Armagh win then Dublin and Donegal would go into one hat and Kildare and Armagh would go into the other hat ( if we win of course )

If Kildare and Meath win, Meath cannot play Dublin again in the Q/Finlas so we would have to.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:54 pm

Based on 2 Qualifier games so far : and assuming P Kelly and P Cribben will not be available. What is the likely team.

Keeper and back 6 will probably be as in Ennis.

Moolick will definitely start in Midfield - I doubt very much that Clerkin will have the legs for Croke Park - so I believe this is an area we can look to exploit. But who do we have to exploit him?

Leper is captain and will retain his place because of this but his performances against Down and Clare (in the first half) were a shambles and I think he should be dropped. Niall Kelly was also poor in both games (except for 15 mins towards the end of the Down game)

Smith is a definite starter / Brophy will probably play (with another 2 weeks fitness under his belt) / Mulhall will probably also come into consideration. TOC has made an impact from the bench in all games he has come this summer.

Decisions Decisions ...

Back to top Go down
Westside
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 11:30 pm

The team i would like to see would be

Donnelan
Lyons
Kelly if fit marking Hughes (if not McGrillen)
Fitzpatrick
Bolton
Conway
Keith Cribbin
Moolick because we have not other running midfielder if we did he'd be dropped
Chalky
McNally
Flaherty
Paudie
Brophy
TOC
Smith

The backs have been outstanding the last couple of games so only the one change there. We're not blessed with options at midfield if Lynch had more running in his legs i'd start him. Going into the game i'd be worried about who can track Darren Hughes who is probably a better ball carrier than Gary Brennan and he caused us all sorts of problems on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Wonder48
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:15 am

West side bit harsh on moolick IMO yeah was poor in ennis but definitely doesn't deserved to be dropped certainly not ahead of white! I think tommy has had a good year.. Why would you be so quick to drop him ahead of chalky?
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 am

When did Daryl Flynn last start a competitive game for Kildare and how many has he started since his brilliant display against Donegal in 2011? Wonder whats the point of him staying on the panel at this stage of his career if he is not going to feature in a meaningful way?
It sems a long time ago now to 2009 when he and Dermot were one of the best midfield pairings in the country. Kevin Feely looks a bigger loss every year since he left.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:32 am

Donnelan
Lyons
McGrillen
Fitzpatrick
Bolton
Conway
Chalky
Moolick
Lynch
McNally
Leper
Paudie
Brophy
Podge ( TOC )
Smith
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 4:00 am

Donnelan
Lyons
Fitzpatrick
Kelly (if fit) Hugh McGrillen if not
Doyle
Conway
Bolton
Lynch
Moolick
Flats
Leper
Paudie
Brophy
Tomas O'Connor
Smith
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 4:27 am

Have to say I found the talk in some quarters of Monaghan being All Ireland contenders baffling. They're a decent, well-organised outfit but do not have the quality throughout the pitch of Dublin, Kerry, Mayo and Donegal.

I think if we play as well as we can, this is a game we are capable of winning. Hopefully being underdogs will ensure we're mentally tuned in and we avoid the flatness that blighted the first half performances v Meath and Clare.

Tactically, I would have a couple of extra players lying back at all times, because (1) we don't want to be vulnerable on the counter and (2) leaving our full back line exposed hasn't exactly worked out so far. Also, we will need extra cover for whoever is delegated to mark McManus. This is fairly obvious stuff and I hope we all aren't tearing our hair out once again over tactical naivety.

Having said all that, I still think Monaghan's experience and toughness will get them the win but I hope I'm wrong.

Donnellan
Fitzpatrick
Kelly
Lyons
Cribbin
Conway
Bolton
Moolick
White
O'Flaherty
Callaghan
O'Neill
Brophy
Fogarty
Smith

Gives us plenty of options off the bench as well. Would be good to see Mulhall getting some game time - we are going to need plenty of guile to open up Monaghan's blanket defence.

Back to top Go down
OutTheGap
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:26 am

I don't think we can go in with Chalky and Tommy in midfield - we need someone to contest the kick-outs. The forwards were poor on Saturday so I think there will be changes there. I'd go for:

Donnellan
Fitzpatrick
McGrillen
Lyons
Doyle
Conway
Bolton
Flynn/Lynch
Moolick
Brophy
O'Flaherty
O'Neill
Smith
Fogarty/TOC
Mulhall
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 10:19 am

I agree Haunted Garffiti - and I'm not saying we'll win - Monaghan are a good team but they are hardly All Ireland contenders. They are beatable....which is why they're facing us!
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 8:09 pm

Monaghan are a decent team but are definitely not All Ireland contenders and are on a level similar to ourselves maybe they are slightly better given their record over the past two years but they are nowhere near the Kerrys, Dublins or Mayo.

The team I would go for is

Donnellan
Lyons
Fitzpatrick
Doyle (to follow their man out the field)
Bolton (hopefully he cuts out the off the ball nonsense)
Conway
Cribben
Moolick
Chalky
McNally
Leper
Brophy
Smith
TOC/Podge
Mullhall (if fit)
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 9:02 pm

Lets get a bit of reality here, can't believe some of the stuff on here and would love to watch the games through the rose tinted glasses some people have and try to pick a team that will beat Monaghan but unfortunately i am a realist and currently i am looking at
-a bunch of players that think they are something and a lot of them are more interested in getting into the papers or on the radio than they were to battle against Meath and they laid down when Meath players that made a run into our full full back line and put the ball dead always hit a Kildare player on the way out and we took it and done nothing about it #gutless
-team that can't tackle and lack the intensity of a top class team
-a lot of supporters and players that still think we are some kind of 'superpower' when at the moment no team would fear playing us
-a team that lacks a leader, to me we have experienced players but no leader or 'go to' players of a top class standard, before people cut me down on this one ask yourself how many current Kildare players based on current performances would get onto the Dublin / Kerry / Mayo / Donegal team?  
-a county and team that has nearly accepted not winning a Leinster is ok and getting to an all-ireland quarter final is an achievement (no medals are handed out for quarter finals)
-where winning the Keogh Cup is an achievement
-i believe on KFM last Sat night you would swear the way they spoke about Kildare we are a top Div 1 team and top Championship team who have won stuff, now i will say they do great coverage of Kildare GAA and are as good as Hitlors and Saddam Hussain's PR team for Kildare GAA propaganda
-We are paying for all of the above and the top class facilities in Hawkfield for teams that are winning nothing but getting treated like they are -i know players deserve it and put in a lot of time but then don't go hiding in games
-A culture of excuses creeping in
-We have a centre of excellence and development squads that to me is not producing enough players with even the simple correct GAA mentality or guts  
-we have a soccer coach on the line giving instructions to players
-not going to start on the County Board or the County Grounds!!

Maybe i am just in a bad place this morning an usually i am the 1st one out to support and dream every year however at the moment i just think Kildare (team / supporters / county board) need a dose of reality and need to get back to 1st principals of getting and producing players with the correct attitude that have a bit of Luis Suarez bite in them and ruthlessness about them, get it right defensively first and kick on from there, start tackling correctly which will lead to greater intensity overall, get a few of the former players with the correct attitude involved at underage levels, try to start teams fearing playing us to me no team in Div 2 next year will fear playing us and stop thinking we are a top team when we simply are not at the moment despite all the football talent we have in the county. Done, needed to get it out!
For the record i think we will be on here next Monday morning talking about players going missing, Monaghan bullying us, us getting the tactics wrong to deal with the defensive strategy and maybe the referee being the problem
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: kildare v monaghan   kildare   v   monaghan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

kildare v monaghan
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next