Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next manager: Suggestions.

Go down 
+75
fargo
Big Full Back
clonmullin
Dido
johnsmyth
kelf
Highball
Flyer
lilly-exile
Lilywhite forever
Onhisboot
BelieveToAchieve
All down the line
BigG
squires1
shortgrass1928
Son of Sarsfields
lomond
if_in_doubt
white boy
KILL BILL
totalgaa
Borderline
Botch
Rex
OutTheGap
moatesports
reichenhall
Ois
Shergar
shortgrass
ixus
Dinny Breen
tpos
Cilldara_2000
lilysavage
jimmers
bag of white
Cassanata
jj
lily4fr
Kildare98
milltownmary
inexile
billylilly
jim
greyfox28
flourman
Radley Park
Frankel
Cill Dara Mick
Loads of Pints
bob12
lilywhites on tour
Taibi
Sam1928
lillyboy
Stonecold
micky murphy
ripvanwinkle
Flamingo
topcat
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
steviegenius
murof
Gaa1928
Ogie
kildaregaa365
Lillydreams
Lily8
LillieLad
Ohtoohtobe
Bad News Baba
79 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
AuthorMessage
jim
All-Star
All-Star

Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:30 am

Freddy how has Glenn muddied the waters? Can you post a quote or paste a link to where we might find a quote.

Also while I am very respectful of your opinion. I'd take you to task on why someone with a different opinion has as you say an "agenda" Could I ask you to explain what you mean my that please.

I really hope Glenn wasn't overlooked because of greviences with the chairman either Seamus but if you consider what Mr Aldridge stated at the county meeting that the 3 man panel rejected Glenn, Johnny, Anthony and Dermot but Cian O Neill phoned the 3 boys looking to get them involved. Now I don't know if they did or didn't say they will get involved but let's just say they were all willing to get involved with the new manager, will the CB reject them for a second time or will they allow them to get involved. Time will tell I suppose or maybe we'll never know which is probably the most lightly outcome.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 12:46 am

Flamingo wrote:
Lads can anyone say they are not happy with Cian O'Neill's appointment?
He was far more than a S&C guy in Kerry and was at Fitzmaurice's side when they won one All Ireland and got to another final.

I for one would have been happy with Glenn but I think we can already see the fact there is an issue with his non-appointment and perceived poor treatment that Cian does not bring any history or political sniping from those within the GAA Community.
Now let me get this out there, what was or was't said/ done or will be said/ done, is out of Glenn's hands but the fact it is causing a ruckus means the county is already looking for another internal row.

Cian O'Neill has no major beefs that I'm aware of and no baggage so let's get
behind the man and stop talking shite for once.

I agree 100% Cian O Neill deserves all the support and given every chance to succeed he will get that from the vast majority of the Kildare gaa community as is the always the case with Kildare supporters. Theirs always a few who won't and I'm sure people will thing I'm one of them but it's not the case. My issue is the only ones that he really needs the support of is the CB and as history has shown from Mick O Dwyer to Jason Ryan when things are going well there all behind the manager but when the shit hits the fan they won't be seen. I just fear that Cian O Neill will be another name on the list of really good people they used and abused along with Micko, Pat Mangan and Johnny Crofton and nothing would give me greater pleasure than for Freddy or anyone else to say after we're Leinster champions that I was 100% wrong. Maybe I've picked up too many scares over the years of looking at Kildare.

But good look to Cian and if I'm alive and well I'll be in Ennis and Sligo and where ever else with my hang sambos and flask of tae to support the team because they are the men that I respect most.
Back to top Go down
Cill Dara Mick
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:02 am

Praise the lord!!!! We are now sure too see more Newbridge starters on the Kildare team. The glory days wont be long following.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:05 am

Flamingo I don't agree because we as supporters want to debate Kildare football that we are "talking shite" I enjoy the different views and people sharing their experiences but just because some has a different opinion that me doesn't mean they are wrong if I don't agree and I will give my reasons why I don't agree but I'll leave the name calling to the young lads in the school yard.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:20 am

Cill Dara Mick wrote:
Praise the lord!!!! We are now sure too see more Newbridge starters on the Kildare team. The glory days wont be long following.

I think Newbridge teams have won the S.F.C. 10 times since 2000 and Kildare haven't done a whole lot in that time period. affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:33 am

Well 'talking shite' is a general term of what we all do on here whether our opinions are right or wrong in the opinions of ourselves/ others.
I'm not name calling or being childish but on here for the past two years we rarely if ever talk actual football. We talk managers, gripes, etc. It goes quiet before a game with posts about the starting 15 but then when it goes wrong it hots up.

My only opinion was that we have to get behind the man who is rubber-stamped.
The matter is closed so now all some are doing is on one hand saying Glenn is a hero (undisputed legend player) and Ger Donnelly is a sack for treating him badly.
Then on the other hand some here say Seamus Aldridge, the man who spoke up, is the sack. That's descending into shit talk in my book. But that's just my opinion and I respectfully accept the opinions of those that disagree.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 1:42 am

Flamingo wrote:
Well 'talking shite' is a general term of what we all do on here whether our opinions are right or wrong in the opinions of ourselves/ others.
I'm not name calling or being childish but on here for the past two years we rarely if ever talk actual football. We talk managers, gripes, etc. It goes quiet before a game with posts about the starting 15 but then when it goes wrong it hots up.

My only opinion was that we have to get behind the man who is rubber-stamped.
The matter is closed so now all some are doing is on one hand saying Glenn is a hero (undisputed legend player) and Ger Donnelly is a sack for treating him badly.
Then on the other hand some here say Seamus Aldridge, the man who spoke up, is the sack. That's descending into shit talk in my book. But that's just my opinion and I respectfully accept the opinions of those that disagree.

Ok I'll except that too. Especially the point you make re football talk.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 2:42 am

We have a top class man in charge and I think we have to trust that he will appoint a backroom team capable of implementinghis plans. The county board, players and supporters now have to raise their games and standards to match O Neills.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 4:31 am

All very interesting posts on the process to appoint our new manager and the so called conflict of interest by the chairman and his merry men who back and influence him.......but what happens if the current chairman is not retuned to his position after the county convention....... would be very interesting if a creditable candidate was put forward......the only way to see change in any committee is to work from the inside out and not the other way round.....get your nominations ready folks....
Back to top Go down
Lillydreams
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:12 am

Any chance O'Neill gets jack O'Connor to work along side him? With his sons playing in newbridge is it a possibility?
Back to top Go down
johnsmyth
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:47 am

I would have supported Glen or John Evans getting the job, but getting Cian O'Neill is a great appointment. I'd like to wish him and the team the best of luck.
I'd say the players are really looking forward to the new manager and I'm sure he's going to bring plenty to the table. The game has moved on even in the last 3 years, o neill has been at two of the top 4 teams pushing the game to new levels.
Role on 2016

As a matter of interest, is there any stand out performers in the championships that can bring something to the team?
Back to top Go down
Ohtoohtobe
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 2:33 pm

Cill Dara Mick wrote:

Mick I agree it seems strange at first glance that there are so few Moorefield and Sarsfields players on the panel but I can never think of someone from either side that should be getting a chance that isn't or hasn't.

Leaving out the Sarsfields young lads who will obviously get their chance as they get older, which players from Newbridge should be on the panel in your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Shergar
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 8:21 pm

When it became clear Cian O'Neill was available late in the day, then there was only going to be one winner. I'd imagine he didn't want to say anything until after the final in case it had any effect on the Kerry preparations and so he could have a proper talk with Fitzmaurice about his intentions. The execution was messy but the committee got their man.

Feel sorry for Glenn but Cian O'Neill's next step was going to be as an inter-county manager not another coach. If we didn't get him, someone else would have and then we'd be saying what a disgrace it was. Would hope that any Kildare man who was willing to commit to Glenn's management team would, now that the dye has been cast, be willing to work with Cian in the best interests of Kildare football.

The nature of gaa politics is that if you're in the game long enough, you're probably going to make enemies along the way. Trying to find a chairman or committee who doesn't have any perceived bias is easier said than done. Thought Syl Merrins was an excellent chairman but I still heard complaints about him from certain clubs.
Back to top Go down
Thin Blue Line
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Credit where it's due, Cian O Neill is the outstanding candidate and his experience, organisational ability and leadership is exactly what Kildare Gaa needs now. Would not be a huge fan of the county board but this one they got right I believe.
He has risen to the top in his professional career and has become one of the most respected and sought after coaches in the country over the past decade.
Anyone who doubts his tactical or management ability only need to think back to last years county final and realise that from half time in the first game he seemed to take over and completely turn that Moorefield team around.
Would love to see all the names on Glens ticket get involved in Kildare especially with the development squads and Minor team.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:33 pm

Thin Blue Line wrote:
Credit where it's due, Cian O Neill is the outstanding candidate and his experience, organisational ability and leadership is exactly what Kildare Gaa needs now. Would not be a huge fan of the county board but this one they got right I believe.
He has risen to the top in his professional career and has become one of the most respected and sought after coaches in the country over the past decade.
Anyone who doubts his tactical or management ability only need to think back to last years county final and realise that from half time in the first game he seemed to take over and completely turn that Moorefield team around.
Would love to see all the names on Glens ticket get involved in Kildare especially with the development squads and Minor team.

Thats exactly where those guys should be going and hopefully coming through at senior level in the next few years along with the players. It works well for other counties like Dublin, Kerry and Tyrone.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2015 10:46 pm

murof wrote:
Thin Blue Line wrote:

Thats exactly where those guys should be going and hopefully coming through at senior level in the next few years along with the players. It works well for other counties like Dublin, Kerry and Tyrone.

Yeah if they were willing to come on board with Glenn I think we should get them in at underage level with Development teams and so on. Then all going well they can follow them through. We need to keep looking ahead and nurture some fresh managerial talent too.
Even a lad like Flanno who was always a good reader of the game and is a clever fella. He will never play again but might want to come on board. There are a few more like him I'm sure.

In the here and now Fennin might be a good shout to come in with O'Neill.
Back to top Go down
overthebar
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 10:33 pm

Heard a little rumour at the minor match last night that Sos will be involved with the Kildare senior set up next year.....anyone else hear that....
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 12:13 am

overthebar wrote:
Heard a little rumour at the minor match last night that Sos will be involved with the Kildare senior set up next year.....anyone else hear that....
heard that as well, also glen ryan was after the laois job more than kildare job
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 12:16 am

overthebar wrote:

Going on the quotes from O'Neill last week I gathered that he wants to get at least one local man who would know the club and underage scene and would be able to scout out new players - much the same way that Carew did for McGeeney. With O'Neill based in Cork most of the time then this role will be a necessity.

Sos would be a good addition to the backroom team. He has been a successful club manager (managed one of only two Kildare teams that have won a Leinster senior club championship) and has had recent involvement in the Kildare underage set up as an u21 selector. He's popular and is sure to have good local business contacts built up through his carpets firm which may help in some small way with fundraising. The one potential drawback I could see is that having two guys from the same club involved could be used as stick to beat the management with if things don't go to plan.

Is there any more news on Murphy's potential involvement?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 12:35 am

fone wrote:
overthebar wrote:
heard that as well, also glen ryan was after the laois job  more than kildare job

Absolute and utter bullshit. He was devastated not to get the Kildare job.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 4:57 am

fone wrote:
overthebar wrote:
heard that as well, also glen ryan was after the laois job  more than kildare job
There are lads around here who would believe anything .... dont let the lad behind the counter down at the sweetshop take all your money .....
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:41 am

Ogie wrote:
fone wrote:
overthebar wrote:

have no pithy for him for not getting kildare job , and my info in not bullshit
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:57 am

fone wrote:
Ogie wrote:
fone wrote:
overthebar wrote:

have no pithy for  him  for  not  getting kildare job , and  my info in not bullshit
Have no doubt you could have been told that , what you chose to believe is another thing .
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 5:58 am

Fone i don't know about  bullshit but it's definitely incorrect. Glenn didn't  even interview for the laois job and as Ogie stated he was very disappointed because  they interviewed him for a job that wasn't available as it was offered to someone else. Give respect get respect i don't think it applies in this case.
Back to top Go down
fargo
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2015 6:14 am

jim wrote:
Fone i don't know about  bullshit but it's definitely incorrect. Glenn didn't  even interview for the laois job and as Ogie stated he was very disappointed because  they interviewed him for a job that wasn't available as it was offered to someone else. Give respect get respect i don't think it applies in this case.
Exactly ,And then had Cian O Neill interviewed as the new Kildare manager on KFM the Saturday of the Club semis 3 days prior to his ratification at the county board meeting.
Its as if the CB have no ability to learn from their mistakes , this appointment had to be done in a manner above any suspicion given the environment that had built up over the last few years , but guess what , slipshod as ever with a Legend and reasonably accomplished manager treated as a pawn .
Now before anyone says i have an agenda , i actually wish Cian well ,he has a top class coaching reputation , hes a Kildare man giving up his time and given the CBs monetary situation id imagine its for little or nothing too .
In my book substance and how you conduct your affairs still count for something , and also tends to be a fundamental starting point for success , dont think its present in this instance .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next manager: Suggestions.   Next manager: Suggestions. - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next manager: Suggestions.
Page 25 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next