Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Final Round of qualifying & Provincial losers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
clonmullin
Junior A
Junior A
clonmullin

Final Round of qualifying & Provincial losers Empty
PostSubject: Final Round of qualifying & Provincial losers   Final Round of qualifying & Provincial losers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:35 am

Not sure where to put this so ......

I think one of the biggest problems for Monaghan will be the turn around - not so much physically but mentally. Since 2004 (my pre 2004 qualifier records are "scratchy") 4 Provincial losers have had to turn around in a week and play a qualifier - and all lost. Dublin in the first year of the qualifiers, in 2001, are the only ones I can find who did it.

The longer the losers have to wait the better they get (2 weeks of a wait and they won 5 our of 12; 3 or more weeks and they won 6 out of Cool.

I also tried to see if there was any advantage to coming all the way through the qualifiers - in the years where there were 4 qualifying rounds ('04, '05, '06, '09) 9 teams won the first three qualifying matches and the split was 5 wins & 4 losses. Not much there for us to go on.

There's only one team that played 5 weeks in a row - Donegal last year and they got hockeyed by Cork in the quarters ...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Final Round of qualifying & Provincial losers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Round of qualifying & Provincial losers   Final Round of qualifying & Provincial losers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 3:59 am

You could have put it in the Kildare v Monaghan Qualifier round 4 thread on page 13. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Final Round of qualifying & Provincial losers
Page 1 of 1