Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+74
Sorrynotsorry
totalgaa
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
Pkmie
DONTPULLOUT
Cassanata
moatesports
lillyboy
Flamingo
Onechance
Sam1928
Hang sangich
Fear An Geata
Bulldog
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
bk 1
Lillywhite88
centreback
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
intheback
standhimup
bloodsub
parcel
sarsno1
Hurlerbehindtheditch
OutTheGap
topcat
hawker
Horsebox
LillieLad
learmus
steviegenius
lomond
All_right_in_white
White Bridge
whiteknight
bigball
Loads of Pints
Botch
jim
Lily8
if_in_doubt
murof
Caprea
kelf
shortgrass
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Gaa1928
micky murphy
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Ogie
lilysavage
Taibi
MD
jimmers
Dinny Breen
reichenhall
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
rob11
Rex
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2017 12:30 am

There is a underage games review committee that are deciding which way is best for Kildare either U17 or U18. There is no rule from croke park so it is up to the clubs themselves
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 1:29 am

Disappointing performance from Kevin Feely this morning in the Compromise Rules. Apart from two great marks in the first half, he was largely anonymous. His distribution was awful and he didn't work hard enough.

Otherwise, it was an enjoyable game to watch. Conor McManus was outstanding, AO'S, Colm Begley and Michael Murphy played well too. Too many below average players on the Irish team to ever win the series. Paul Geaney was truly awful, he was terrified of getting a belt.

I hope they keep this going, I for one always enjoy watching it.

Just to add, really enjoyed Seán Cavanagh's analysis on RTÉ this morning, he put meat-head Whelan to shame with his insight.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 1:53 am

That about sums it up perfectly Taibi.
Kerry lads were poor as were others.
Mcmanus is some point kicker and also enjoyed Shane Walsh input.
Aussies were really up for it and it showed in their celebrations.
Hope it keeps going.
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 6:46 am

Taibi wrote:
Disappointing performance from Kevin Feely this morning in the Compromise Rules. Apart from two great marks in the first half, he was largely anonymous. His distribution was awful and he didn't work hard enough.

Otherwise, it was an enjoyable game to watch. Conor McManus was outstanding, AO'S, Colm Begley and Michael Murphy played well too. Too many below average players on the Irish team to ever win the series. Paul Geaney was truly awful, he was terrified of getting a belt.

I hope they keep this going, I for one always enjoy watching it.

Just to add, really enjoyed Seán Cavanagh's analysis on RTÉ this morning, he put meat-head Whelan to shame with his insight.

Colm Begley wasn't part of the squad this year
Back to top Go down
Taibi
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 am

Zach Tuohy. Always get them two mixed up.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 11:07 am

Well done to Kildare lads winning Fr. Manning cup on Saturday. It seems our underage production line of recent years is still going strong. Congrats to all involved, hopefully a few future stars amongst them
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 7:22 pm

Well done to Kildare U16s - our first ever Fr Manning Cup win!

Also, I know I'm a bit biased but I can't let the weekend pass without mentioning Johnstownbridge Senior Camogie team who won their 3rd Leinster title in a row yesterday beating reigning All Ireland champions Myshall from Carlow. This is the bridge's first year playing at Intermediate having won the last 2 Junior All Irelands. Some mighty women on this team - well done to them!!
Back to top Go down
lomond
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 11:11 pm

Any idea what clubs are represented on the U16 panel ?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 12:27 am

International Rules I think could be a big success if both teams always fielded best sides and concentrated on a fast end to end game. You could even get it seeing decent interest Stateside. But things like Dubs pulling out this year really muddy the waters...

We need to keep underage success going till senior breakthrough and thereafter double down on it. It's what separating us from the Meaths, Laois's etc. Jesus if Meath were in Div 1 with the players we have you'd never hear the end of it. Two almighty trashings we gave them last year truly glorious!

There were also a few promising players on last year's minor and U17 teams.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 12:39 am

Interesting interview with Cian O'Neill where he talks about his desire for more forwards. It is encouraging I suppose that feels the defenders are coming through but obviously he wants more options upfront. There are few promising players from recent underage teams who've unfortunately fallen by the way side, but from last year's minors, I would say Jack Robinson, Jimmy Hyland and Brian McLoughlin fit the bill.

They'll obviously need time to develop however...

https://www.kildarenow.com/uncategorized/definitely-need-start-developing-forwards-can-perform-big-stage-oneill-new-kildare-recruits/192741

Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 3:27 am

Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 3:43 am

Great win for the young lads especially as these will form the backbone for next year's minors. I'd imagine P Carberry will move up with them
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 3:53 am

No player from the Newbridge clubs on the first XV curiously.
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 4:00 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Interesting interview with Cian O'Neill where he talks about his desire for more forwards. It is encouraging I suppose that feels the defenders are coming through but obviously he wants more options upfront. There are few promising players from recent underage teams who've unfortunately fallen by the way side, but from last year's minors, I would say Jack Robinson, Jimmy Hyland and Brian McLoughlin fit the bill.

They'll obviously need time to develop however...

https://www.kildarenow.com/uncategorized/definitely-need-start-developing-forwards-can-perform-big-stage-oneill-new-kildare-recruits/192741

Cian obviously hasn’t realised we only play 2 OBC matches this year (or he figures a SF place is guaranteed). Curious comment about more defenders and midfielders coming through than forwards. Not sure I’d see it that way. Although he emphasizes that he’s talking about players who can perform on the big day. As mentioned above Hyland and McLoughlin look the part. Woodgate also has potential.Robinson may be too slight - let’s see how he goes at u-20 this year. Of the next batches I think Shane O’Sullivan from
Clane looks the real deal. Power and pace to burn. Was under 17 this year so more time to develop too. Who are all these defenders Cian sees?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 4:08 am

Robinson I think is a genius – his goal v Mayo one of the best I've ever seen. But yes he needs time to develop etc.

Not sure who the defenders are but O'Neill obviously seems to think there's a few lads with the right stuff...
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 4:24 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
Robinson I think is a genius – his goal v Mayo one of the best I've ever seen. But yes he needs time to develop etc.

Not sure who the defenders are but O'Neill obviously seems to think there's a few lads with the right stuff...
Robinson is same age as hyland mc Loughlin Woodgate and there in Panel. Robinson scored 31 points in this year championship more than hyland and McLaughlin
Back to top Go down
jim
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:16 am

fone wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Robinson is same age as hyland mc Loughlin Woodgate and there in Panel.   Robinson scored 31 points in this year  championship more than  hyland and McLaughlin

But more time and space at intermediate level?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:21 am

jim wrote:
fone wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Robinson is same age as hyland mc Loughlin Woodgate and there in Panel.   Robinson scored 31 points in this year  championship more than  hyland and McLaughlin

But more time and space at intermediate level?
same for Woodgate who scored 39 points in Intermediate Championship more time and space on football
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:45 am

kildaregaa365 wrote:
No player from the Newbridge clubs on the first XV curiously.

More or less the same as the senior team this year, Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
kildaregaa365
All-Star
All-Star
kildaregaa365

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 8:17 am

fone wrote:
HauntedGraffiti wrote:

Hyland was coming back from a cruciate to be fair.

To be clear I rate Robinson very highly. Just think he needs physical development to bring him on further.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 8:46 am

Very difficult for a small player to make it in the modern game. Just look at how Kelly has struggled for Kildare this year. There is so much emphasis on physicality now in sport as poor Joey Carbery found out on Saturday.
Don't think it's good for player welfare especially amateur players.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 9:33 pm

Connaught are seemingly not entering the Railway Cup or whatever it's called now.. is there any point in this continuing ?.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 11:24 pm

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Connaught are seemingly not entering the Railway Cup or whatever it's called now.. is there any point in this continuing  ?.

I would say fair play to them. It has been a waste of time for years.
Unless they put it on at a good time of the year and promote it as a weekend competition then its dead. Only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 11:24 am

Club championship has probably killed it.
Back to top Go down
Hang sangich
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Slight and all as he may be Robinson single handedly destroyed a seemingly unbeatable and very physical DCU intermediate team in an all Ireland final Tuesday night with NUIG
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next