Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

General GAA - AOB

Go down 
+74
Sorrynotsorry
totalgaa
Curraghplains
tomoneillandhissisteranne
bite the pillow
Pkmie
DONTPULLOUT
Cassanata
moatesports
lillyboy
Flamingo
Onechance
Sam1928
Hang sangich
Fear An Geata
Bulldog
realmoore
Jimmy winning matches
bk 1
Lillywhite88
centreback
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
intheback
standhimup
bloodsub
parcel
sarsno1
Hurlerbehindtheditch
OutTheGap
topcat
hawker
Horsebox
LillieLad
learmus
steviegenius
lomond
All_right_in_white
White Bridge
whiteknight
bigball
Loads of Pints
Botch
jim
Lily8
if_in_doubt
murof
Caprea
kelf
shortgrass
flourman
lilywhites on tour
jj
Big Full Back
Ohtoohtobe
Xavi
Gaa1928
micky murphy
Shergar
Cilldara_2000
Highball
TommyKeegan
kickingking
Ogie
lilysavage
Taibi
MD
jimmers
Dinny Breen
reichenhall
kildaregaa365
SeamusMurphy
Kildare98
rob11
Rex
78 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 11:04 pm

HG you would be close to the Moorefield scene so I would have to respect you opinion although I think it could be Athy's year.

Naas will get there eventually, maybe 3 or 4 years time.

Also noticed that Naas are in the final of the Senior Hurling Leagues Div1, Div2 and Div3, fair going.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2019 11:10 pm

I thought Athy were really going to step up after 2011, they had the ability, but they have been sorely lacking in resolve and tactical nous.

In terms of pure ability, I think Athy and JTB are the nearest, but again I go back to the psychological and tactical elements needed to win a county title – Naas will have plenty of ability as well in coming years, but are they going to go to that dark place you need to go to win (no jokes about St. Conleths please) – we shall see.

From a Kildare perspective, v disappointed Masterson & Murray not onboard this year – I'd probably be starting both up in Antrim – but a big help to Moorefield.

Wish we had Ben McCormack! But I think Tyrrell has really added another element to his armoury this summer, so things looking good.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 11:19 pm

I've felt for a while the Leinster championship should be boycotted.

I see Eamon Callaghan has come out in favour today on Twitter as well. Fair play to him. He's also dead right about how county boards deserve serious flak for letting this happen.

Once again huge credit to you Eamon – now we need more people to stand up and say enough is enough.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 3:10 am

I have to say the Leinster Championship is a bit of a farce at the moment however i would not be in favor of scrapping it, maybe i am crazy but i think when Cluxton and few more retire and if a few counties upped their game there might be a few upsets....
Not so long ago everyone wanted to split Kilkenny and a lot other similar talk of the hurling championship...……..
Back to top Go down
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 6:23 am

General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Flag13
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 9:41 am

Naas hurlers were supposed to win loads of seniors counties a while back and never did. From the outside the fact that they have not had been one big fuck up by them.

On the footballers in Naas they are a nice team. But they just don't have any bite or way about them. Naas definitely needs another club. Or maybe neighbouring teams like raheens, tmh, eadestown, sallins or kill can get players from Naas as so many good players in Naas are lost after minor when they don't make their senior team

Celbridge or moorfield for me this year
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2019 10:32 pm

Longford's Declan Rowley also calling for a boycott of Leinster championship and Mickey Quinn making similar noises on Newstalk this morning...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CXOSMiS6pg
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 11:36 pm

Just wondering is it time GAA had lads with tranquiliser darts ready to handle McEntee after games? Need to formulate strategy for next time he goes on rampage... Also maybe he'll go full Trump & start referring to "the failing Meath Chronicle".

https://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/roundup/articles/2019/06/25/4176029-ill-take-the-fking-head-off-you-if-i-fking-see-you-near-the-dressing-room-again/
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Lads I was just chatting a lad here in work who would be a soccer man and he was recounting last April that the Dubs had a beach session and went to Scoil Ui Conaill afterwards to do some field work.
It was a Saturday and the players all took the kids for training. Great for the kids.

NOW I am just saying that on a personal level I really admire a lot of the Dub lads and they do work their arses off.
When we have the Dubs in the crosshairs the issue is what is coming up next. Cuala are a huge operation and have a multinational sponsor and a scholarship.
Counties cannot compete with some of their resources. I see Fairview Park on weekend with Vinnies taking over. Dublin City Council look after those pitches. No worries about sanding them or new drainage and management that cost clubs a fortune.
Like the water charges the people who had dug their wells down the years were already paying for every drop, whereas the urban crew had it on tap - literally.

If a split happens it has to happen at underage level and let it grow from there.
Other option is to let the Dubs fund themselves, which they are doing anyway.
They no longer need the support they get. Every other county needs the help NOW.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 6:49 am

I see another €95m spent on Dublin GAA today. They don't even have to buy their own pitches anymore. As for that f**kwit John Horan, lying through his teeth again in his role as PR person for them. He's probably the greatest gobshite of a president the association has ever had.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 7:33 am

Saw that, disgraceful stuff from Horan - again using his office to benefit Dublin. It’s so brazen it is unbelievable - although as they say in Veep, “The only thing that’s unthinkable is that anything is unthinkable.”

I really can’t stand him tbh.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 5:06 am

The big fightback from Dublin is on against the exposure of financial doping. Firstly GAA president John "Dublin" Horan and today it's Tommy Lyons turn, Lyons had to resort to foul language to make his point, the argument is lost when you have to swear. Expect a prolonged propaganda campaign, in the past they have been masters at orchestrating and controlling the press and in turn influencing referees and games such as getting Lee Keegan sent off.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 6:49 am

Was listening to Newstalk there and some Leinster GAA guy saying Sarsfields and Moorefield turned down being part of East Leinster Project and if Kildare bought into it they'd be getting more money than Dublin per head of population.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 7:02 am

What a load of fucking bullshit. The East Leinster project is a load of crap, lip service to a crisis.

The GAA would want to get their heads out of their asses sharpish, because as John Evans said on Newstalk recently, every debate on this is simply pouring fuel on an already raging fire.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 7:38 am

This issue is not going away, I can see a boycott of 2020 Leinster championship.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 7:44 am

Definitely - it has to happen.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 7:58 am

Moorefield and Sarsfields said no because they enough own coaches
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 8:09 am

Two issues going on, the amount of money they can throw at development and perhaps more important to this team is the vast amounts they can generate from their sponsors and partners which we can never remotely match and which prepares them to the highest standards.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 8:18 am

Stuff like East Leinster project is such vague waffle: “We’re working on this... We’re improving that... It will take years to see the benefits...”

YEARS?! Jesus Christ Dublin have been dominating province for 15 years and we’re still apparently “years” from “improvement” (which is what exactly - Meath lose by 12 points instead of 20?)

There is no clear strategy and no concrete deadline as to when Kildare, Meath or any other Leinster county should be winning titles again.

Absolute horseshit.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 9:18 am

1. Why did Moorefield & Sarsfield decline, there must be some catch if they didn't take up the offer.
2. What about all the other clubs? Are they trying to also give unfair advantage to the two strongest clubs in Kildare to make them stronger and the rest can go s**t
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 9:28 am

As a Moorefield supporter, can tell you they declined for reasons cited above - nothing more than token gesture that doesn’t get to root of problem at all.

All this nonsense about “participation rates” - a strong inter-county team is the biggest recruitment tool of all. If you don’t believe me - look at those mugs in Mayo and the minuscule interest in football there this decade.

Also as you say, Newbridge - hello?! Jesus are there two clubs in Leinster that need it less - like going into Portlaoise & saying “here’s more resources for you...”
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 9:32 am

I’m telling you with GAA’s failure to grasp Dublin nettle - ie. split them - they’ll kill inter-county football in ten years. They’re already halfway there.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 9:46 am

If you listen to Shane Flanagan’s Newstalk interview below, he says that he used the figure per head argument to “try & sell the project” in Kildare. Not that it’s actually true, just that he used it to try & sell the project!!

GAA bureaucrats again trying to take us for fools & pull wool over our eyes...

https://youtu.be/-44FV7md3ck
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 5:56 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
If you listen to Shane Flanagan’s Newstalk interview below, he says that he used the figure per head argument to “try & sell the project” in Kildare. Not that it’s actually true, just that he used it to try & sell the project!!

GAA bureaucrats again trying to take us for fools & pull wool over our eyes...

https://youtu.be/-44FV7md3ck

Heard what he said and he couldn't even convince himself.
They really are trying to change the narrative. Except they sre just pissing people off even more.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 6:15 pm

It's interesting to read this first article below where Tommy Lyons waffles on and claims Dublin funding having an influence on success is effectively fictional and if it was true there would be huge success at underage. Then read the second article outlining the gulf at U20 level between Dublin and the rest. Deny all the can but the facts speak for themselves.

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/its-aeboxing-of-the-highest-order-former-dublin-boss-slams-cheapshot-attacks-over-funding-38280651.html

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/dublin-beat-longford-26-points-wexford-still-buzz-203550
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General GAA - AOB   General GAA - AOB - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General GAA - AOB
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next