Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 8:25 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
All down the line wrote:
Seating installation almost complete. Seats all covered with black plastic ATM.
Work on pitch drainage has begun.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/p97Krn9R3bMuznzq7
Since construction began (Now coming up to the final stages) Kildare have only won 2 competitive matches.

Kildare senior football team won't be the only team availing of the new St Conleths facilities.
Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 1:13 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
All down the line wrote:

Since construction began (Now coming up to the final stages) Kildare have only won 2 competitive matches.

Kildare senior football team won't be the only team availing of the new St Conleths facilities.
Yea and what's your point?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 7:54 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
All down the line wrote:

With all due respect I think it's self explanatory , I think there is more than one Kildare team in the county and 50 odd club teams that might get to play in St Conleths, you appear fixated on one team only.

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2024 7:48 pm

Gaa1928 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
Lilywhite forever wrote:
All down the line wrote:

With all due respect I think it's self explanatory , I think there is more than one Kildare team in the county and 50 odd club teams that might get to play in St Conleths, you appear fixated on one team only.
ye I know there will be more than one team playing in St Conleths.
What's that got to do with the point I made about the seniors only winning 2 games since its redevelopment?
Weird.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 12:45 am

lilywhites on tour, Lilywhite forever and really_unofficial_kildare like this post

Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 12:54 am

All down the line wrote:

The end of the old sod.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jW6DohVRvWTU45Gc6

I know the place ended up being a dump but it was always a decent pitch in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 2:02 am

That's true in terms of the pitch itself. It seemed old-fashioned compared to others but it felt more natural. Some of these modern ones that need constant sanding and what not don't hold up as well.
Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2024 5:48 am

All down the line wrote:

The end of the old sod.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jW6DohVRvWTU45Gc6

Thanks a million for all the updates! Have ya a picture of the stand with all seats?

Are the terrace bars being replaced on the Kilcullen end does anyone know? Those old bars are a trip hazard and new bars would increase capacity. That's what was done in 2014 on the Town end and Barracks side.

Lilywhite forever likes this post

Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:18 am

if_in_doubt, lilysavage, bite the pillow and Strangler like this post

Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 1:44 am

Starting to come together and look well. Credit where it is due. I just hope they don't skimp on the little things like the terraced handrails etc when they open. Don't take the sheen off the project. New ball stops, new goal posts and a facelift for the terraces in terms of handrails and power-washing / painting where possible.

if_in_doubt, TommyKeegan, lilywhites on tour, OutTheGap, lilysavage and Gaa1928 like this post

Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 2:28 am

All down the line wrote:
Seats with numbers

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hz9s1nKBpBidhrtL6

Thanks for the pictures. Just an observation from looking at the close up picture of the seats. It looks like there could be 70 or 80 seats in the corner that won't provide a view of the town end goal area because of wall and small building protrusion. The same situation is probably true up the far end as well for Kilcullen end view.
Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 3:08 am

bite the pillow wrote:
All down the line wrote:
Seats with numbers

https://photos.app.goo.gl/hz9s1nKBpBidhrtL6

Thanks for the pictures. Just an observation from looking at the close up picture of the seats. It looks like there could be 70 or 80 seats in the corner that won't provide a view of the town end goal area because of wall and small building protrusion. The same situation is probably true up the far end as well for Kilcullen end view.

The seats beside that wall are going to be in between the 21 and 45 yard line, and even when standing up you'd be doing well to see over the wall right beside them.

Seat colours look great to be fair though.

St Conleth's Park - Page 21 AP1GczN86UPC620YNwzKaknKrwT0JdZUpG7Ts5EDr5YY4KBRpPbzO2BTg-_2HqFQhvHioTxfaSXPZAJ-Z8rv6HgynIAPutqUU-4RZjpRXRSp3iK6DBKXybqr1LHPn22Jp9CyhNl879Ps7q3WS7j1zaDctRcwnA=w1225-h919-s-no-gm?authuser=0

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 7:23 pm

Upside - seat colours are eye-catching, although cannot help thinking of Dublin!

Downside - if you can't see the pitch from a chunk of those seats, that is some shocking architectural oversight, especially in this day and age and at that price.

Unknown - has anything else been done to spruce up the terraces and even wall on way in, as per question above?

Lilywhite forever and Strangler like this post

Back to top Go down
Strangler
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 7:59 pm

Would have to agree that it looks like there will be restricted views in these seats. Hard to believe that could be missed in the planning phase. It seems the Club Kildare lounge is the culprit.I wonder will the county board be gracing these where they won't have to mix with the common folk?

Considering the small no of seats in the new stand surely the Club Kildare lounge should have been built elsewhere rather than the current position ..the stand would have been more impressive with the seating going all the way to the back rather than a facility for the privileged few that is restricting the view for some seats .

Just my thoughts anyways .looks like no work anywhere else currently so I guess we will be lucky to have port-a-loos on the main terrace side .

Like the colour of the seats very modern looking . The white seats spelling Cill Dara is a bit off and doesn't look right from the picture above .It would have looked better without it .
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 8:15 pm

Will have to wait and see. The seats may be taking into account the reorientation of the pitch so views might be ok.

However, it is Kildare. So it would be in keeping with our commitment to poor standards that this would happen.

TommyKeegan likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 8:39 pm

I pass St Conleths Park most days, Tommy, and I can't see anything being done with the terraces. Not yet anyway. Stand looks a lot bigger than first thought.

Last edited by Lilywhite forever on Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down
Lilywhite forever
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 8:42 pm

St Conleth's Park - Page 21 20240310

TommyKeegan, lilywhites on tour and MickosMen like this post

Back to top Go down
Moorefieldbhoy
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 9:03 pm

is it just me but does the new stand look considerably shorter than the old one? yes, there are more seats than previous but it just looks smaller in those pictures.

you would wonder on county final day, the stand would be full at a very early stage.

Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 9:13 pm

Moorefieldbhoy wrote:
is it just me but does the new stand look considerably shorter than the old one? yes, there are more seats than previous but it just looks smaller in those pictures.

you would wonder on county final day, the stand would be full at a very early stage.

I was thinking that - it definitley doesn't look like it goes all the way to endline at Kilcullen end

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2024 1:27 am

Assuming the move the pitch, I’m guessing the terrace will be about a kilometre from the sideline? Or there’s going to be a massive walkway between the first row of seats and the pitch.

Tullamore has a small walkway plus entrance to the stands from the rear.

I suspect the terrace will be a good distance from the new pitch.
Back to top Go down
Strangler
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2024 1:54 am

I believe the pitch is being widened to full Croke Park specs but how it effects the other terrace we will have to wait and see.There doesn't seem to any plans for the existing terraces that were published anyways.

Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2024 1:56 am

Strangler wrote:
I believe the pitch is being widened to full Croke Park specs but how it effects the other terrace we will have to wait and see.There doesn't seem to any plans for the existing terraces that were published anyways.

Plus the new stand will come out a good bit further than the front of the old stand
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2024 4:58 am

Lilywhite forever wrote:
St Conleth's Park - Page 21 20240310

Looking at that picture, and assuming the sidelines are within 15m or so from the front row, a significant amount of patrons to the rear of the stand will have restricted views…. I really hope I’m wrong…

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2024 9:46 pm

I was at an AFC Wimbledon match at the weekend. My mate just lives nearby. 10k and lovely tidy stadium but they had a nice job with lots of space for local food trucks parked inside the ground.

Real family-friendly buzz too, so I'd hope they look into these kinda things.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 12:10 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 21 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22  Next