Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2021 4:48 am

Its one big mess.
Not sure who is to blame.
Probably mixture of everything but assume money is the big issue. I do know they did not wantbtobstart until they got confurmation of money from cp. And covid slowed that big time.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2021 7:12 pm

So October commences this Friday and still no update.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2021 6:58 am

April 2022 start date now apparently...
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2021 7:05 am

There's no point even thinking about this omni-shambles. I said at the beginning of this thread 18 months ago that I'd believe it would be built when I was sat in it. But it's never going to happen. 

It's even got more expensive and gone from build time of 12 months to 18 months. With the price of land back up again they'd nearly better off dusting off the old plans from a 15 years ago and build on a green field site. That is more plausible than any of these plans ever getting done.

This could be an absolute horrific week.

Taibi, Gaa1928 and seamymurphy like this post

Back to top Go down
CillDara71
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2021 12:36 am

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 7:19 am

The new Connacht centre of excellence looked fantastic tonight. It’s a great facility to have and well done to the Connacht council for organising it.
Would be great to see a Leinster version. Then again, it would be great if they painted Conleth’s…. 😄
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2022 7:58 am

Badger85 wrote:
The new Connacht centre of excellence looked fantastic tonight. It’s a great facility to have and well done to the Connacht council for organising it.
Would be great to see a Leinster version. Then again, it would be great if they painted Conleth’s…. 😄

It would be great if they even painted the goal posts.

seamymurphy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2022 2:55 am

I see the GAA have made a nice surplus of nearly 14m last year. With full crowds back now hopefully we are pressuring them to give us the money they promised to get this show on the road.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 6:02 am

Sports grants were announced today by the government. Did Conleth’s get any??
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 6:15 am

No sure theyve already granted nearly 5m for it. Out to tender now.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 7:06 am

St conleths Park got funding in 2020 €4.8 m and redevelopment comes under different category than funding published today

lilysavage likes this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 7:21 am

Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
St conleths  Park  got funding  in 2020 €4.8 m and redevelopment  comes under different category  than funding  published  today

Did they draw that money down and stick it in the bank? There’s a use it or lose it vibe off those grants.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 7:32 am

Badger85 wrote:
Newbridgeornowhere wrote:
St conleths  Park  got funding  in 2020 €4.8 m and redevelopment  comes under different category  than funding  published  today

Did they draw that money down and stick it in the bank? There’s a use it or lose it vibe off those grants.
. Still have money

Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 7:39 am

Large scale sports infrastructure fund with st Conleths funding came from
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 6:09 pm

Is work still likely/planned to commence on this over the summer?
Back to top Go down
Anyonebutthedubs
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 8:26 pm

I would be surprised if anything happened this year. It will probably have to be re-priced now. The cost of everything has gone up. I would imagine there is a big difference in price in the cost of doing it pre and post covid times. The timing is just unfortunate for them.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2022 10:12 pm

Kildare seem to have a serious problem when it comes to timing and redeveloping Newbridge. This is at least the third instance that the timing has been wrong.

Fool me once...
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 8:10 pm

Rex wrote:
Kildare seem to have a serious problem when it comes to timing and redeveloping Newbridge. This is at least the third instance that the timing has been wrong.

Fool me once...

Shocked

Yes because the county board was responsible for Lehman Brothers going wallop and causing the 2008 crash and subsequent recession and then coronavirus as well.

Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 8:22 pm

Shocked

Yes because the county board was responsible for Lehman Brothers going wallop and causing the 2008 crash and subsequent recession and then coronavirus as well.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 8:24 pm

No, they’re responsible for not developing the grounds since the days of the Wright brothers
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 9:19 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Rex wrote:

Fool me once...

Shocked

They've only had 50 years to do something and that's being kind. Sure the jack's are a environmental disaster and they've just replaced the speakers after a lifetime of muffled announcements.

The three times they in recent memory they went to try something a Global crisis occurred. And each time they have abandoned the plans. As I said bad timing.

The best time to get the work done was during these Fallow periods. But we never really had any real plans in place alongside the finance so everything was abandoned.

Now here we are again. Trying to get major work done when the economy not only in Ireland is gripped by huge inflation meaning costs just keep rising. The longer the leave it the more expensive it gets the least likely it will ever get done.

They should have bit the bullet and borrowed the money Croke Park were due to give them three years ago. It would have been built  by now and done pre inflation and steel cost increases and then when they received the due money pay it off. 

I might be wrong, but this isn't going to get started. Maybe it will get done within the next 50 years.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 9:25 pm

They are actively looking for a Contractor, it is out to tender. Not sure what more they can do tbh. Timing yes, you dont get funding when the economy is in bits. They have it now.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 9:34 pm

They don't have it, they never received the money from Croke Park which if my memory serves me was near 4 million. They also said costs had increased massively. 
Sure they were touting around the idea of money for passports as part of the government investment scheme.

So they have no tender complete, not contractor, no specific start date, no full finance and are watching costs increase daily. 

Yeah, everything is looking good.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2022 10:28 pm

They haven’t the where with all to build it. If they did, it would’ve been done years ago.
You can’t repeatedly blame external factors. They’ve had plenty of time to pull this together. I notice they’ve stopped flogging the imaginary bar as part of Club Kildare.
I can’t understand why they haven’t done the very basics. Toilets, the Kilcullen end turn stiles. Stuff like that doesn’t cost millions…
It’s sad and unfortunate but I won’t believe the new grounds have been built until I’m standing in it and cheering the team on.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 12:59 am

In all honesty if those dressing rooms and toilets combined with the limited exits were in any other premises in Ireland they would be closed down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 12 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17 ... 22  Next