Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Great news and will look great and be something to be proud of and the planning includes floodlights which to name is essential. Just one question for anyone in the know it saying that it's going to increase the ground to 15,000 capacity? Looks like not changing the terracing so how does a 2,600 replacement stand extent the capacity from 8 to 15?
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 8:40 pm

Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 7:34 am

micky murphy wrote:
Great news and will look great and be something to be proud of and the planning includes floodlights which to name is essential. Just one question for anyone in the know it saying that it's going to increase the ground to 15,000 capacity? Looks like not changing the terracing so how does a 2,600 replacement stand extent the capacity from 8 to 15?

When presentations were made earlier this year a capacity of 13k was mentioned. The additional capacity is coming from meeting higher health & safety requirements - better entrance to & egress from the ground which was a big factor in the reduced 8.2k capacity for the Mayo/Galway games. The plan to have an entrance at the Kilcullen end is a help here as well as the redesigned main entrance.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 11:29 am

Great news.. Hope it happens.. not like the last great venture.
Back to top Go down
hawker
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 6:17 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
Saw that, laughing at the crowd over on Reservoir Dubs, bemoaning us building this, whining about Hawkfield, and saying Croke Park should have supervision. This from a place that €16.2m of GAA funding later "borrowed" the national stadium as their home ground and threw a hissy fit when finding out gym in national centre in Abbotsown wasn't for them alone whenever they wanted.

From a crowd that don't have their own training centre and a kip of a county ground? Some beauties on there. Poor gobshites don't even realise what they are saying. Maybe they should have a word with Eoghan Murphy.

New ground looks well. Be nice to have somewhere like that to call home.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Looking forward to the 1st sat evening home league game under lights
Back to top Go down
LillieLad
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 8:45 am

I want to read the shite on res dubs, what thread is it in??
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2018 8:31 am

From the Leinster Leader:

The redevelopment of St Conleth’s Park, Newbridge, may be delayed for up to six months, the Leinster Leader has reliably learned.

A state grant of up to €3m was expected to be approved within weeks, but it is now understood that the closing date for applying for such a grant has been pushed forward to April 2019.

Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 1:02 am

If that is the case, we are looking at work starting in October 2019? Presumably after the county final. Would this mean that Conleths would be out of the equation for the 2020 league which could be a Div 1 campaign and see us playing all our games away? I believe London played all their games away when Ruislip was being done up in 2017 and every game at home last year?

Would we be in the same boat and if so, could this see the project being delayed until April 2020?
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 1:13 am

With the weather and reduced day light hours from October onwards I cant see much happening until April 2020 in all honesty.

Starting to wonder will something else precede this now at this stage.

You would have to wonder that after 12 months into the overall planning they would have at least got the dates right.
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 1:28 am

€400000 spent and not a sod turned.
I am worried now with these hold ups we will go way over budget.
The clubs are already sick of paying for hawkfield.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 3:04 am

Last thing anybody wants is Pairc Ui Chaoimh part II!!
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 4:25 am

I'm wondering with the boom back would the land in the town centre be worth enough to just sell it and go back to that plan some years back of building something far better on a green field site with costs covered.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 6:27 am

I always said I'll believe it when I'm sat in it.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 6:36 am

It’s shane ross fault . The gaa have Kildare put forward as one counties to get funding from sports capital grant . Tommy Callaghan was on Kfm this morning talking about it
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2018 12:51 pm

TommyKeegan wrote:
I'm wondering with the boom back would the land in the town centre be worth enough to just sell it and go back to that plan some years back of building something far better on a green field site with costs covered.

We'll probably just surpass the next bubble burst TK .
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 9:35 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
While it is all positive, without floodlights it means that we will still have to drag out to Hawkfield for games under lights while the hopefully excellent facility in Newbridge will lie idle.   We would still have no potential to play Saturday night matches in the N.F.L. and probably continue to play the later rounds of our local championships in near darkness in Newbridge in October.

New dressings room, yes please, but without floodlights I won't be pushed on the rest of the development.

Over 3 years later and not a sod turned.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 9:41 am

Gaa1928 wrote:
Gaa1928 wrote:
While it is all positive, without floodlights it means that we will still have to drag out to Hawkfield for games under lights while the hopefully excellent facility in Newbridge will lie idle.   We would still have no potential to play Saturday night matches in the N.F.L. and probably continue to play the later rounds of our local championships in near darkness in Newbridge in October.

New dressings room, yes please, but without floodlights I won't be pushed on the rest of the development.

Over 3 years later and not a sod turned.
ask shane Ross why he delaying the government grant to redevelopment of st conleths , Navan and Walsh Park
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 10:44 am

He’s too many grants to be handing out to hockey clubs to be worried about Conleth’s, Tailteann or Walsh Park.
Even though more fans will turn up in Newbridge for the first league game than any international hockey game.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 7:43 pm

As I said a God knows how long ago, only believe it when your sat in a seat watching a game. I am convinced this will never happen.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Rex wrote:
As I said a God knows how long ago, only believe it when your sat in a seat watching a game. I am convinced this will never happen.

+ 1
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 8:30 pm

I guarantee it WILL happen!

Once Shane Ross releases the funding!
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Think a lot of clubs around the county and country waiting for Sports Capital Grants as well..... don't think any given out this year?
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 10:28 pm

White Bridge wrote:
I guarantee it WILL happen!

Once Shane Ross releases the funding!

Please God , just too many false starts to get my hopes up.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 10:46 pm

Does anyone know the overall price, how much is to be raised by Kildare County Board and how much the funding will be.

Nothing appears to be happening and no updates from anyone.

No coverage of our county finals on either RTE or TG4 because they are not willing to erect a gantry for their camera's to cover them live or record these games for highlights.

After 3 years we have managed to 'knock out' the dividing walls in the dressing rooms so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 7 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 22  Next