Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 9:54 pm

Looks good, impressive stand to me about right size for our requirements and lighting essential, well done to all involved
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2018 11:54 pm

Agreed, hopefully it happens. Said it before but while workers on site and equipment there, why not just link up the three terraces into a semi-circle (even stick a cheap roof on far terrace) and suddenly you've an even better ground for tiny extra cost. Just one pointless point too - why are the seats blue!!!
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 3:05 am

True Tommy, even link the barracks side to the kilcullen end not sure if it gets too tight past the current terracing on the opposite side but, think the lights are massive and weren't in original scheme which I found amazing.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2018 3:38 am

I think there was planning issues before about joining the terraces, loss of light into the houses behind I'd imagine. Be great if the floodlights get the go ahead but we'll wait and see
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:26 am

Just looking at this again, what is the capacity on completion?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:32 am

15,000 I think was said
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:45 am

That's a fine size , don't need any more than that.

Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 1:48 am

I see the planning authority requested further information on the 21st June. None of it seems insurmountable presuming the 3rd party comments / objections can be dealt with easily.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:25 pm

It will be a great time to loop in other ideas (sponsorships, energise the Kildare brand, club Kildare options etc). Exciting times ahead. It is one of the best located grounds in the country and hopefully these works will see more championship games in the future. Also the club players will be buzzing about the new facility.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 5:45 pm

Just on this, I read that while Conleth’s is getting redeveloped, all league games will be away from home and I would imagine championship qualifiers/super8s will be away/neutral?

Has it been discussed yet where we might play our county finals or other big club championship games?
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:31 pm

What's the timescale on this development if it gets the goahead ?
Back to top Go down
Sam1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:35 pm

What is the best ground in the county outside of Conleths for club championship in terms of seating, facilities , parking etc? …. Is it Hawkfield?
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 7:44 pm

Sam1928 wrote:
What is the best ground in the county outside of Conleths for club championship in terms of seating, facilities , parking etc? …. Is it Hawkfield?

Probably
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Sam1928 wrote:

Towers can hold a fair crowd.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 pm

yeah to be fair Towers the stand in Towers is brilliant doesn't get much use but....
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 9:24 pm

micky murphy wrote:
yeah to be fair Towers the stand in Towers is brilliant doesn't get much use but....

Gets very little.. it was well capable of hosting the intermediate Leinster semi final a few Seasons back aswell.
Back to top Go down
fatherted
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 10:08 pm

Hawkfield I suppose although the stand is small. Parking is very good there. Pity about R Towers having such little parking. Pitch has been redone, now floodlit as well. Just tight getting in to it. Always thought the stand was way too big. Have never seen it even half full. What's the capacity of that stand ?
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 11:23 pm

Maybe Conleths would still be in an option similar to Pearse Park in Longford, stand out of commission and just three terraces open?

If it hasn't been discussed, I would hope it will be raised at the next county board meeting.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2018 11:53 pm

Ted for the Match I mentioned there was no issues with parking.. both Tesco and the village car parks are only a few minutes walk away and the car park at the train station is also a good size.
I can't see why it couldn't facilitate Club championship matches.
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2018 3:43 am

SeamusMurphy, I think we all know the answer to ' I can't see why it couldn't facilitate Club championship matches' . Its the #NewbridgeorNowhere crowd again.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 6:01 pm

Hurlerbehindtheditch wrote:
SeamusMurphy, I think we all know the answer to ' I can't see why it couldn't facilitate Club championship matches' . Its the #NewbridgeorNowhere crowd again.

I get why people are unhappy about this and I used to love covering games around a variety of clubs but the revenue from games hasn't increased by accident and that's not to do with more people actually going to the games, it's to do with people actually paying in.
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2018 9:37 pm

As far as I know the plan is to begin work in April 2019 after the league and perhaps have it ready by the end of the year in time for the 2020 competition? All subject to no delays in planning or construction issues.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 7:25 am

See the redevelopment of st conleths has been planning permission by Kildare county council
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 7:32 am

Saw that, laughing at the crowd over on Reservoir Dubs, bemoaning us building this, whining about Hawkfield, and saying Croke Park should have supervision. This from a place that €16.2m of GAA funding later "borrowed" the national stadium as their home ground and threw a hissy fit when finding out gym in national centre in Abbotsown wasn't for them alone whenever they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2018 6:34 pm

I could tell you what your first and biggest mistake there was, but I think you already know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 6 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next