Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2022 1:06 am

Gaa1928 wrote:

In all honesty if those dressing rooms and toilets combined with the limited exits were in any other premises in Ireland they would be closed down.  
should check out facilities at Ballyshannon commercials in tipperary both hosted national Football league games with kildare involved lets say not fit for purpose

Gaa1928 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Cassanata
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 9:51 pm

Some light reading on pitch sizes. Basically confirmation we have the smallest county ground pitch: https://www.rte.ie/sport/hurling/2022/0511/1297395-size-matters-gaa-pitch-dimensions-irk-beyond-measure/
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu May 12, 2022 11:36 pm

Any day now…… they’ll start works any day now…..
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2022 8:06 pm

Is it still going ahead? Were we not supposed to start demolishing the place about seven months ago?
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 12:45 am

I see the Casement park case has concluded and planning permission has been given. Building works to start asap.

Any updates on our place? I’m assuming it’s still in the ongoing ongoings tray?

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ryan legendary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 12:54 am

A lick of paint it’s needs now. You  Will struggle to get people into it after Saturday
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 12:56 am

This thread started on 16th September 2016 and so far all we have achieved is 'knocking out' the walls in the dressing rooms.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 12:56 am

It was due to start for the umpteenth time 2nd quarter this year.
End of this month is the end of that quarter. 

It ain't getting started and probably never will. At least with the money they have is start the changing rooms and install floodlights.

I think it sums up Kildare GAA as a whole. Some good, a bit of effort, shiny plans, talk a good game but ultimately it never gets done.

lilywhites on tour, Kildare98 and Badger85 like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 2:49 am

A friend used to describe Kildare as thr spurs of Gaelic football. Even Spurs sorted their grounds out.
Anybody try the pints in the members lounge in Conleth’s yet?? 😄😄😄
Anything to be said for another sponsored walk?
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 11:20 am

Badger85 wrote:
I see the Casement park case has concluded and planning permission has been given. Building works to start asap.

Any updates on our place? I’m assuming it’s still in the ongoing ongoings tray?  
Badger when i was lookin for work in the late 70's early 80's i sent in about 50 applications for jobs. The standard reply i got was...your application is receiving attention. It was only years later that i found out that...your application etc, was code for your application is in the bin !!! Moral of the story is until you're havin a creamy pint of Guinness lookin out at a modern Gaa ground that drags us into the 21st century and in reality still only elevates us to 20th best ground in Ireland...we'll believe it ! I'll be honest i couldn't even motivate myself to comment on the match on the Leinster Final thread. It was a feckin embarrasment. I was so sorry for the lads...all the slog and hardship. I stayed to the bitter end and that was my choice...a lot of Lillies left early and who am i to judge their decision. I have more thoughts in my head about Kildare Football but as i've had a few beers i'll keep them to meself for now.
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 9:16 pm

Anyone remember this bad boy? St Conleth's Park - Page 13 N5JYPEY
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 9:34 pm

Remember it well. They were given the land  behind where the Lidl distribution centre is now. They even if I recall had planned to build a footbridge over the Liffey so you could walk to it from Newbridge. 
Then in typical Kildare fashion waited too long and the arse fell out of the economy. 

So we've had 17 years, two major planning investments into the hundreds thousands, multiple grand launch nights, planning permission granted, more plans, more revised dates, grants being given, Grants being promised but not given yet, an economic crash, a pandemic and a War on European land and all we have to show in that time is a knocked wall.  

The ice age moved quicker

Kildare98 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 10:07 pm

Have accepted it's never going to happen... Much like us ever winning a senior trophy again.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 2:09 am

Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 2:40 am

Jesus what a week... All we're missing is the Curb Your Enthusiasm music.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 8:42 am

Absolute idiots,… We don’t deserve any better with leadership like we have. They should at least attempt to widen the pitch.

Anything to be said for a sponsored walk?
Back to top Go down
Ryan legendary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 9:35 am

Building materials are going up  on daly bases   ,impossible for builder to quote jobs at moment

Steel prices gone up 30% in last 14 months
Electrical prices fits up 18.5% in 14 months
Timber prices up 64% in last 14 months
Cement prices up 11% in last 14 months
Glass prices up 14% in last 14 months
Only rough guide

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 9:58 am

There’s never a right time to redevelop Conleth’s it seems. There’s always a problem or somebody else to blame. And it’ll be that way until people with ambition and vision get into positions on the CB.

How can we expect anything better when the CB is operation in inertia, where mediocrity is the best word to describe the board.
Back to top Go down
Ryan legendary
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 10:07 am

You stone mad to start project on this scale with building prices going up on monthly base
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 1:52 am

KFM reporting the the redevelopment of Conleth’s has been paused.

Did the process ever really start in order for it to be paused?

There’s no reason why the expansion of the playing surface can’t be pushed ahead it.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 2:28 am

How much did they spend in consultants and planning. It's a complete mess. We are a laughing stock. Can't get anything finished. 

How they didn't start it 3 years ago is ridiculous. At least they should have got the pitch and floodlights done by now. 

Let's be honest this was never going to start never mind finish. Rubbish.

Badger85 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 8:48 am

Can the toilets be upgraded at least. Thank god I don't have to venture to the jack's there much except for one game this year. Pity the travelling supporters. I sincerely hope that the ladies toilets are better.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2022 5:57 pm

This stinks… they’d plenty of chances to start the project in phases, once planning permission was granted a number of years ago.

Something doesn’t seem right. They have a certain amount of the funding in place. Why not partially start the project and commit to incremental improvements. Start with the pitch. The reason we can’t handle Croke park (or partially) is because we play home games in a box room.

Like I said this stinks. The have blamed everyone and everything possible, short of the British Queen’s Jubilee for not starting.
Back to top Go down
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 12:35 am

Badger85 wrote:
This stinks… they’d plenty of chances to start the project in phases, once planning permission was granted a number of years ago.

Something doesn’t seem right. They have a certain amount of the funding in place. Why not partially start the project and commit to incremental improvements. Start with the pitch. The reason we can’t handle Croke park (or partially) is because we play home games in a box room.

Like I said this stinks. The have blamed everyone and everything possible, short of the British Queen’s Jubilee for not starting.
I have a hefty aul lump hammer in the shed and am willing to go over to Conleth's and knock out some more blocks from that half-demolished wall for free if it's any help !!!
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 12:41 am

bite the pillow wrote:
Badger85 wrote:

I have a hefty aul lump hammer in the shed and am willing to go over to Conleth's and knock out some more blocks from that half-demolished wall for free if it's any help !!!

If you did, you’ll have done more than thr county board in the last 20 years.

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 13 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next