Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

St Conleth's Park

Go down 
+72
bigball
Ned
learmus
KILL BILL
really_unofficial_kildare
Thin Blue Line
Strangler
TheGreatof1928
FlourBag_1
MickosMen
Lilywhite forever
Caprea
*Southernsupporter*
NorthernLily89
bloodsub
Carbury legend
lily92
Kildare98
Ryan legendary
Anyonebutthedubs
CillDara71
bite the pillow
GoDownOnIt
CILLDara 1998
Flamingo
Badger85
Curraghplains
BearintheSquare
FearBan
if_in_doubt
Cassanata
Sorrynotsorry
Liffey Likes
LillieLad
hawker
fatherted
jimmers
lillyboy
topcat
moatesports
kelf
Hated in the Nation
Cilldara_2000
intheback
Highball
shortgrass
Botch
lily4fr
TommyKeegan
steviegenius
Sam1928
All down the line
Rex
All_right_in_white
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Jimmy winning matches
Gaa1928
Lily8
Taibi
kildaregaa365
lilysavage
micky murphy
Ogie
walsheman
jim
Big Full Back
kickingking
Fear An Geata
smokey
lilywhites on tour
SeamusMurphy
White Bridge
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 9:53 am

Rex wrote:
Had a look at the plans but couldn't make out if they are upgrading the terraces. If you are going to build a lovely new stand surely you need to modernise the rest with new barriers, but of paint and the like.

Still fair dues, start date is not far off but I said at the very start of this thread I'll believe it when I'm sat in it. That still holds true.

I presume we'll be playing in Portlaoise in whatever Division next year.

Padraig McManus said the Kilcullen end terrace will be upgraded but the other two terraces have already been upgraded previously so it’s not in the plans to do any more with the town and sideline terraces
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 10:33 am

Im confused. There are two pictures of the new stand - one at the top and one at the bottom marked VIP area external. These are two different stands.

Also what happened the main terrace over by the scoreboard? Seems to disappear around the 40.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 6:59 pm

Big Full Back wrote:
Rex wrote:
Had a look at the plans but couldn't make out if they are upgrading the terraces. If you are going to build a lovely new stand surely you need to modernise the rest with new barriers, but of paint and the like.

Still fair dues, start date is not far off but I said at the very start of this thread I'll believe it when I'm sat in it. That still holds true.

I presume we'll be playing in Portlaoise in whatever Division next year.

Padraig McManus said the Kilcullen end terrace will be upgraded but the other two terraces have already been upgraded previously so it’s not in the plans to do any more with the town and sideline terraces

Grand, hopefully they'll at least power wash the concrete and maybe paint the barriers let's say white to bring it all together.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 8:44 pm

Great positive news story, well done all involved 💪

White Bridge likes this post

Back to top Go down
Strangler
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 8:56 pm

Very hard to see from the small picture of the drawings of any plans to upgrade any of the terraces even for toilets etc. Considering the small number of seats in the main stand surely there must be some plans to provide some facilities for the terraces where the majority of crowd will be on a packed house.

Any development will be welcome of the poor current setup but we should have been looking at a green field site considering the cost involved in developing the current site with all its limitations including traffic,parking etc.
Back to top Go down
Thin Blue Line
Intermediate
Intermediate

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 8:58 pm

It's a hugely positive development, the figure they have got from the foreign investment fund is a huge plus. Looks like we wont be strangled with a huge loan.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 9:15 pm

Its positive news, however the plans on the official website leave a lot to be desired, can't view them properly and no overall view available.

The initial plans were much clearer.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 10:00 pm

Strangler wrote:
Very hard to see from the small picture of the drawings of any plans to upgrade any of the terraces even for toilets etc. Considering the small number of seats in the main stand surely there must be some plans to provide some facilities for the terraces where the majority of crowd will be on a packed house.

Any development will be welcome of the poor current setup but we should have been looking at a green field site considering the cost involved in developing the current site with all its limitations including traffic,parking etc.

I was on a terrace side for one of the league games last year and went to the portable toilet which both men and women used, it was dirty and absolutely disgusting that women were expected to use this piss infected whole. All that was needed was a steward to keep a female toilet for ladies and have it incrementally cleaned. I was also informed by a lady last Sunday that there was no toilet roll in the ladies toilet under the stand at Derry match. No big investment was needed just some respect.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 10:28 pm

It's encouraging and hopefully going to happen. However as I've said it's just the minimum of what should be done at this stage. The lesson here needs to be not to leave it rot for so long without investing in it. Once the monies are repaid they should be looking at the terraces and putting proper facilities around the ground. This could be something to be really proud of in the future and why not look to hosting concerts etc if it was feasible. Really creating a cash cow.

The far side terrace ends before about 30 meters before the score board. Surely it wouldn't be crazy money to join it up with the Kilcullen end for example. Overall the terraces are actually in decent condition. No weeds etc growing and a bit of TLC will bring them up brand new. Really looking forward to seeing the new stand right up at the pitch with no wall or fence in sight.

Clane and Hawkfiled will get some serious use over the next 2 years for club championship. There might be a possibility to play some of our home games next year as a double header with the dubs in croke park. Would make more sense that Portlaoise or Tullamore.

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 11:16 pm

Apart from Newbridge or Nowhere I think Kildare people have not much love for the county ground. We can't always be giving out and we should take the win here.
I'm glad we are not going too big. The amount of grounds around the country that are rarely even half full is madness.

The terraces over the far side are actually grand, but it would be great to link them, although it seems there is a new exit going there? But no matter when it's built we need to mind it.

As an aside with games on around the clubs now it is the ideal time to get Kildare GAA TV going again. With smaller venues and it being more spread not everyone will go, so there could be money made on it.

really_unofficial_kildare likes this post

Back to top Go down
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 11:45 pm

Flamingo wrote:
Apart from Newbridge or Nowhere I think Kildare people have not much love for the county ground. We can't always be giving out and we should take the win here.
I'm glad we are not going too big. The amount of grounds around the country that are rarely even half full is madness.

The terraces over the far side are actually grand, but it would be great to link them, although it seems there is a new exit going there? But no matter when it's built we need to mind it.

As an aside with games on around the clubs now it is the ideal time to get Kildare GAA TV going again. With smaller venues and it being more spread not everyone will go, so there could be money made on it.

There is a massive opportunity there for a dedicated Kildare GAA tv or some extra source of media. Fans are crying out for it but it seems unless they are overpaying for a streaming service then they don't want to know about it.

You are right that the side terrace is in good condition but I was hoping when the plans first came out that they would think of putting a roof on it. I know that sounds mental and people (like me) like being outside but the side terraces in Armagh and Ennis that we've been to recently are actually fantastic and create a brilliant atmosphere.

White Bridge and TommyKeegan like this post

Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2023 11:59 pm

Flamingo wrote:

You're right. No better time to move into the 20th century with some proper forward looking initiatives. I like many here have bemoaned the state of the facilities in St Conleths. Hopefully with the new development coming on stream it will usher in a brighter and more forward looking phase for Kildare Gaa. There are so many easy wins to bring us forward. Kildare Gaa TV, Game streaming, Club Season tickets, family tickets and the promotion of games. No point in building a stadium of 15K capacity if you don't have a plan in place to actually and properly promote our games properly. I'm sure we have plenty of branding and promotional brains within this forum and involved with Clubs within this county to turn this ship around. If not, then seek professional help to re-invigorate Gaelic Games in the county. In my humble opinion the sooner we see the Gaelic Games family under the one umbrella the better it will be for all who love our games.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2023 4:49 am

Just need a football team to play in it now...
Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2023 8:02 pm

Always wondered about that section of bank being left unterraced.

"The terraces over the far side are actually grand, but it would be great to link them, although it seems there is a new exit going there? But no matter when it's built we need to mind it."

Apparently planning permission is the issue as that section without terrace overlooks a bungalow beside the grounds. The terrace would have to be lower than the existing wall, which might be an option as the wall and awful fence around the field are due to go.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 8:57 pm

A lot of people saying that Ardee yesterday showed that we shouldn't necessarily move league games outside the county next Spring. O agree with this and my vote would be Round Towers who in fairness have made a great job of their pitch and stand. Good floodlights too. For me, neither Clane or Athy are suitable as the stands are simply not big enough.

The main issue with Towers would be parking. However, a very simple solution to this would be to have a Park and Ride at the Curragh racecourse car parks with shuttle buses before and after the games.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 9:14 pm

White Bridge wrote:
A lot of people saying that Ardee yesterday showed that we shouldn't necessarily move league games outside the county next Spring. O agree with this and my vote would be Round Towers who in fairness have made a great job of their pitch and stand. Good floodlights too. For me, neither Clane or Athy are suitable as the stands are simply not big enough.

The main issue with Towers would be parking. However, a very simple solution to this would be to have a Park and Ride at the Curragh racecourse car parks with shuttle buses before and after the games.

The ways thing are going a minibus might do, Shocked Shocked Shocked

White Bridge and bite the pillow like this post

Back to top Go down
if_in_doubt
All-Star
All-Star
if_in_doubt

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 9:43 pm

White Bridge wrote:

At least you have the likes of Kildare Village, Tesco and the train station nearby for parking. A bit safer than a km or 2 of cars parked along the grass verge on the side of the road like yesterday.
Back to top Go down
MickosMen
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2023 9:50 pm

Not sure whether Towers would be happy with it. A big club with limited land. They could potentially be without use of their grounds for two days during home league games.

Plenty of parking at the schools in Clane. Nice bar facilities also and dressing rooms are top class.

None of the grounds are really geared up for it though. When the Dubs are playing at home you could look at double headers in Croker with train access etc it might be the best of some really bad options.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 5:36 am

So people, 6 and a half years after this thread commenced, will we see movement in St Conleths next Monday morning.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 12:49 am

Well can anyone confirm if the diggers are in ?????
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 3:00 am

Had these sent on to me. A little looking back as well as looking forward. St Conleth's Park - Page 17 C210
St Conleth's Park - Page 17 C310
St Conleth's Park - Page 17 C410
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 3:01 am

St Conleth's Park - Page 17 C110

All down the line likes this post

Back to top Go down
All down the line
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 5:29 am

Great photos, thanks for sharing

TommyKeegan likes this post

Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 7:18 am

What was the factory with all the chimneys behind the stand?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 7:20 am

What was the factory with all the chimneys behind the stand? And was there a running track or greyhound track at that time or just the shape?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St Conleth's Park   St Conleth's Park - Page 17 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St Conleth's Park
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next