Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Club Championship

Go down 
+72
Kildare98
TommyKeegan
SeamusMurphy
LillieLad
bigball
Borderline
OutTheGap
jobluts
kelf
PMA
Kildaretothebone
midfieldmaestro
Tjmm
Sam1928
All down the line
kildarecat
ALLO ALLO
Highball
ndog
Fear An Geata
whiteaswhite
murof
Lillywhite88
totalgaa
lillyboy
intheback
Flamingo
realmoore
the young lad
lilywhites on tour
Pkmie
overthebar
BangItWide
Frankel
micky murphy
shoeshine
Botch
centreback
steviegenius
parcel
Rex
ABLUESHADEOFWHITE
Hang sangich
johnsmyth
jim
lily4fr
Caprea
Hereallweek
White Bridge
jj
Horsebox
Hurlerbehindtheditch
teedee
flourman
kildaregaa365
lomond
Westside
Jimmy winning matches
Taibi
archie
Celbridgelad
Cilldara_2000
Ogie
Gaa1928
lilysavage
jimmers
TheHulkHoganCowardFund
sarsno1
kickingking
Shergar
Big Full Back
Lily8
76 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next
AuthorMessage
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Club Championship - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 8:33 am

Three great games to come. Whichever two teams get to the final will make a great match up. Long time since it was so open with four biggest  hitters squaring off. It can only be good for the standard in the County. Looking forward to the semi finals.
Hard to call, you can make a case for all four. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:04 am

Athy and Celbridge for me.

Agree re Hawkfield.. it's not suitable for a big double header, as most are there for both, and the stand and facilities aren't up to hosting a Crowd.. Saw one experienced Gent sitting on the cold steps at one stage.. Not good enough.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:40 am

The great thing is that you can make a very solid argument for all four semi-finalists going winning it out.
Celbridge v JTB will very intriguing in terms of how the county teammates match off and perform and then who has the best club men to drive it on home.
If they line out the same again then O'Grady v McNally would be a good battle. I imagine Luke Flynn will mark Paddy Brophy. In the middle JTB have two v big men so they could do well if kick-outs go long against Conor Brophy and Conway.

On the flip of the Moorefield have a solid team who just know how to do it. But, you would imagine if Athy got the tails up they would have too much. You would imagine Moorefield looking to drag them into something tight would be the key.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:51 am

I'd go for a Moorefield JTB final.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:59 am

umpireonditch wrote:
I'd go for a Moorefield JTB final.

To be honest I love when Athy get going and they are popping it around, playing lovely stuff.
BUT as I said Moorefield have been around the block too many times to not be able to stop them.
In fairness both semis would have you excited.
Back to top Go down
jj
All-Star
All-Star
jj

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Celbridge beat JTB all day every day. They're defence is rock solid and they have the individuals to mark JTB key players.
Moorefield will relish Athy and that could be a pure grind.
Celbridge-Moorefield final for me
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Did k cribben play yesterday? He is vital to JTB chances. Alot of lads are tippin Celbridge but i dont know if there forwards are good enough. If you look at the teams on paper moorefield lack the footballers imo however they have the experience the strength and size that the others lack.
Just on naas i think there time is comin but it may take 4/5 years before they are can take on and beat the big boys in championship
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Well done to Moorefield yesterday, they throughly deserved the victory, a bridge to far for our lads, many of whom have played in the last 5 finals.

Of the teams left I have only seen Celbridge and Moorefield play so can't make an informed call on who will win it from here, it does look like the 4 best teams have made it to the semi finals so we should get two cracking semi finals and a very good final.
Back to top Go down
sarsno1
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 8:13 pm

naas are soft bar doyle. far too nice. will never win anything until that changes .
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 8:25 pm

Next weekend I'm going for Clogherinkoe and Kilcock to advance, and Caragh to lift the Junior A Cup.

Any fixtures yet for these ?.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Saturday 23rd Sep 2017
Kilcock v Monasterevan
2017 Courtyard Hotel Leixlip Intermediate Football Championship Semi Final
Newbridge 1:45 PM

Clogherinkoe v Raheens
2017 Courtyard Hotel Leixlip Intermediate Football Championship Semi Final
Newbridge 3:30 PM

Sarsfields v Moorefield
2017 Reserve A Championship Final
Newbridge 5:15 PM
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Sunday 24th September 2017

Ballymore Eustace v Caragh
2017 Tom Cross Junior Football Championship Final
Newbridge 3:30 PM

Allenwood v Eadestown
2017 Joe Mallon Renault Motors Relegation Final
Hawkfield 5:00 PM
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:29 pm

Thanks for that BFB.
Back to top Go down
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 6:28 am

Nice to see native managers to the fore among the clubs remaining in the senior championship. There have been way too many clubs throwing money away on 'big' name outside managers in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 10:00 pm

I hear that both semi finals will be played on Saturday week.
Back to top Go down
lilysavage
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 6:34 am

Both Saturday afternoon. 3 and 430 I think cos hurling on Sunday. 2 QFs in Hawkfield on a Saturday. Quarters should have been last week and both semis this Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Big Full Back
All-Star
All-Star
Big Full Back

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 10:26 am

Saturday 30th September 2017

Johnstownbridge V Celbridge
2017 Semi Finals Joe Mallon Renault Senior Football Championship
Newbridge 2:00 PM

Athy V Moorefield
2017 Semi Finals Joe Mallon Renault Senior Football Championship
Newbridge 3:45 PM
Back to top Go down
totalgaa
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:17 am

2 great semi finals but its an awful pity they are going to clash with the run for Adam Burke event in Two Mile House
Back to top Go down
bigball
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Agreed total gaa. I wonder would the county board move the semi finals? It will have an impact on the attendance at both events
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 6:59 pm

I presume that will move the Senior Hurling final from the Sunday 1st Oct to this Sunday at 9:30am to accommodate. They have previous as we all know bounce
Back to top Go down
Lillywhite88
Junior C
Junior C

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Thoughts on the Kildare Intermediate Championship. Think Cloughs V Raheens could be the decider, personally go with cloughs but very 50:50, thoughts? Cant look past Kilcock or Monastreven at the same time!
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:22 pm

Clogherinkoe by the minimum or might take a replay.
Monasterevin have being less than impressive and taken Kilcocks earlier victory over Raheens, then you'd have to fancy Kilcock in another close one.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 3:11 am

I always think Athy are going to win this, and they never do.

Looking at them this year, a very strong spine to team, good strength in depth, and they play a nice, stylish brand of football.

So in conclusion, let's give it Moorefield and get it over with.
Back to top Go down
White Bridge
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 3:15 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
I always think Athy are going to win this, and they never do.

Looking at them this year, a very strong spine to team, good strength in depth, and they play a nice, stylish brand of football.

So in conclusion, let's give it Moorefield and get it over with.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hopefully the 2 'Bridge teams from the North of the county will have a say in matters also!
Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 3:34 am

Raheens to win.
Kilcock the other side

Moore V celbridge final
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Championship   Club Championship - Page 16 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Club Championship
Page 16 of 32Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 24 ... 32  Next