Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Super 8 's

Go down 
+59
shoeshine
Jimmy winning matches
tomoneillandhissisteranne
Lillybloom
16andPregnant
ixus
kickingking
if_in_doubt
white boy
johnsmyth
Taibi
lillyboy
Bángoléir
kelf
White Bridge
OutTheGap
TheBigDog#
Ogie
Dinny Breen
jj
Kildaremad
Gaa1928
intheback
learmus
Big Full Back
Shergar
kildaregaa365
bite the pillow
Liffey Likes
KILL BILL
lilysavage
TommyKeegan
micky murphy
Cranky
topcat
moatesports
Kicking bird
MD
Sam1928
Goff28
murof
Highball
FearBan
flourman
Fear An Geata
hawker
inexile
Flamingo
bloodsub
All down the line
SeamusMurphy
Cilldara_2000
steviegenius
Kildare98
LillieLad
jimmers
sarsno1
Xavi
Rex
63 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19
AuthorMessage
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

The Super 8 's - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 6:24 pm

You mightn’t like this lads but when you pay money to see kildare play you have to be aware you are investing in a competition that the organizers of have taken steps to make it virtually impossible for your team to win.

Hence you should really consider not supporting any aspect of the intercounty game. I know it’s tough as we have some good players but at the end of day until attendances drop off completely change will not occur.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 7:18 pm

A fact I saw quoted over the last couple of days - the average age of the Dublin team that won on Sunday was actually 6 months younger than the team that won the first of their four in a row...........

....the only real danger to them is their own complacency.

Last edited by jimmers on Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 7:36 pm

jimmers wrote:
A fact I saw quoted over the last couple of days - the average age of the Dublin team that won on Sunday was actually 6 months younger than the team that one the first of their four in a row...........

....the only real danger to them is their own complacency.

And kerry in 4 years, looks like kerry are going to produce a miracle team. 5 minor all Ireland’s in a row is one of the greatest achievements I’ve ever seen.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 9:12 pm

if dubs were to say start fund raising for a new ground and center of excellence big business would fall over themselves bankrolling it for them, it would leave a very small pie for rest of the country most of the big clubs in dublin get more from sponsorship than most of the countys in gaa world ,some of the bigger clubs in dublin buy more jerseys from oneills than id say six or 7 counties thats the reallity of what the rest are dealing with so how do we get a level playing field ?
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 10:01 pm

One simple step ahead of all others. €0 from Croke Park in order to balance up the ridiculous inequity in funding over the last 15 years. Just in the five years 2010 to 2014 they received €274.70 per registered player while we got €18.40 (linky).

Absolutely bonkers that the county with by far and away the greatest commercial potential also gets a completely unfair amount of central funding.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Dublin gaa received €5 million from government 2005 to 2009 Bertie Ahern was leader of country for those years . Still Bertie seems ok with Dublin Gaa getting money
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 10:50 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
One simple step ahead of all others. €0 from Croke Park in order to balance up the ridiculous inequity in funding over the last 15 years. Just in the five years 2010 to 2014 they received €274.70 per registered player while we got €18.40 (linky).

Absolutely bonkers that the county with by far and away the greatest commercial potential also gets a completely unfair amount of central funding.

Why would the GAA do that though? What are you threatening them with if they don’t?
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 1:56 pm

i reckon the answer is simple get a kildare leader of the country and copy bertie
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 7:17 pm

Caprea wrote:
Cilldara_2000 wrote:

Why would the GAA do that though? What are you threatening them with if they don’t?

FFS Laughing It was hardly an ultimatum!

Anyway, the threat is clear: the death of football in the whole country.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 9:02 pm

Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Caprea wrote:
Cilldara_2000 wrote:

The GAA will change how funding is structured when attendances are badly hit. If you want a serious cut to Dublin’s funding then have that in mind when you are deciding to buy match tickets. If you want to just post on Internet forums saying the GAA have to cut funding to Dublin well then go ahead but it’s just hot air.
Back to top Go down
Cilldara_2000
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 9:04 pm

Caprea wrote:
Cilldara_2000 wrote:
Caprea wrote:
Cilldara_2000 wrote:

The GAA will change how funding is structured when attendances are badly hit. If you want a serious cut to Dublin’s funding then have that in mind when you are deciding to buy match tickets. If you want to just post on Internet forums saying the GAA have to cut funding to Dublin well then go ahead but it’s just hot air.

It's a discussion board. Everything here is just hot air on teh interwebs.

You could actually read my hot air. I didn't say the GAA have to do anything. I've no interest in using an internet message board to issue demands or threats. Instead I offered my opinion to the question posed by moatesports in the post immediately prior to my initial hot air post which was "... so how do we get a level playing field?" You might think my suggestion is unrealistic, inappropriate, unfeasible, unlikely to happen, unlikely to have any effect if it did happen, etc. That's no problem. But remember you're blowing out as much hot air as I am. Everyone else is blowing out plenty of hot air too. Because that's what all this is!
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 9:27 pm

The best thing thst could happen is that you attend games as normal when playing everyone but Dublin. Then boycott the Dublin games. It won't be long changing if that happens.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 10:34 pm

Rex wrote:
The best thing thst could happen is that you attend games as normal when playing everyone but Dublin. Then boycott the Dublin games. It won't be long changing if that happens.

Frankly I’d agree.
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 10:52 am

moatesports wrote:
i reckon the answer is simple get a kildare leader of the country and copy bertie

Because Kildare got absolutely nothing when Charlie McCreevy was minister for finance in that same government!

To be fair, if I'm right, most of that went into developments of a variety of club grounds etc, yeah?
Back to top Go down
Ogie
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 10:54 am

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
kickingking wrote:

Is there a realistic candidate out there who would be an improvement?

Yeah - Jim McGuinness.

Not realistic - no interest in inter-county management - for the moment anyway. Can't tie himself down when he's looking to be a professional coach / manager
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Super 8 's   The Super 8 's - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Super 8 's
Page 19 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: