Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kildare v Clare

Go down 
+19
lilysavage
OutTheGap
kickingking
jj
Ohtoohtobe
Shergar
KILL BILL
jimmers
Curraghplains
moatesports
SeamusMurphy
white boy
murof
Highball
Lanemusic
lillyboy
Kildare98
flourman
tomoneillandhissisteranne
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 2:48 am

For the week that's in it ...don't ask me why but I'm expecting a ground-out win ...for Kildare that is.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 3:04 am

PP have Kildare 1/2 (Boyles even more optimistic, go 2/5)

Shocked
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 4:37 am

I can't remember us ever having a comfortable win over them and they even beat us in league final in 2016.

Malone and Tubridy are excellent forwards who always trouble our backline and Feely always struggles with Brennan.

Going to be a really tough game.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2019 9:59 am

Bad value at those odds but i do think we'll get the win
Back to top Go down
Lanemusic
Junior A
Junior A

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2019 2:08 am

Any word on anyone else being back for this game?
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 12:15 am

Assume P Kelly and Healy will be available.
Back to top Go down
Highball
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2019 2:13 am

Jeez this is a big game - Really feels like this round will determine what way we are looking for the remainder of the league - Win and its onwards and upwards - Lose and it will be a slog to try and stay in the division.

Best of luck lads
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 12:44 am

Not surprising the lack of comment on Clare game. The last performance seems to have the enthusiasm out of many of us. Hard to believe a team we ran up a huge score against last summer could restrict us to 6 pts and only 1 from play.
It seems nothing has been learned from Carlow game and the defense is as porous as ever.
Lose this and then face trips to Donegal and Meath with relegation a possibility.
I wouldn't mind losing out on promotion but relegation would be unacceptable. Huge game and a convincing win would energise the whole set up.
Hopefully see a few players back.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 11:23 am

Big Game Lads, a lot riding 0n this. Hope the fuck we start well.Our last few Games, We were very slow to start 3p down in first 10minutes. We Need to Change that,scores on the board early. If we do that I think we'll win .
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 11:42 pm

Hopefully the 2 weeks break has helped sort things out.. A win here is a must Folks.
Hopefully the support is decent as no doubt some of the faithful are losing patience.
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 12:37 am

believe thats the way it has to be with away to meath and donegal this is a must win i believe
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 1:48 am

SeamusMurphy wrote:
Hopefully the 2 weeks break has helped sort things out.. A win here is a must Folks.
Hopefully the support is decent as no doubt some of the faithful are losing patience.
faithful supporters are losing patience long before now
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 3:23 am

It’s pretty straightforward - O’Neill’s job is on the line. He’s three years in the position now & either he’s turned us into a Div 1 team or he hasn’t. If we don’t secure promotion, time to push off & let someone else have a go.

I’d actually be in favor of Glen Ryan taking over as interim manager for championship & appointing Davy Burke next year.

But let’s see how we go Sunday first. Imploring the players to empty themselves in this game. If we don’t get promoted it’s another wasted year for this team.

Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 4:50 am

actually haunted i think that would be a stupid move either appoint full time or leave it as is to me its all about championship and survival in div 2 at worst
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
kickingking
All-Star
All-Star
kickingking

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 5:56 am

Paul Cribbin, Kevin Flynn, David Slattery, Conor Hartley, Chris Healy and Eoghan O'Flaherty all unavailable.

Peter Kelly and Paddy Brophy are expected to play some part.
Back to top Go down
jimmers
All-Star
All-Star
jimmers

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:14 am

Team v Clare

Donnellan, Dempsey, O'Grady, D Hyland, Gibbons, Doyle, P Kelly, Feely, Moolick, Brophy, Conway, K Cribben, N Flynn, McCormack, J Hyland
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:31 am

Good to see Moolick, Brophy and Kelly back . Interesting to see what Gibbons can bring to defense. Looking forward to game.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 am

Hearing rumors O’Neill planning “Simeone-style” celebration if we win.
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 9:32 am

Back to 7 defenders -
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 10:06 am

Seems to be a lot of worried posts on this one, and having witnessed the Enniskillen debacle at first hand I can somewhat understand why, however its Clare - and I don't care what threat they may carry -it's still Clare, if this has us wringing our hands then we can forget about being anything other than mediocre, any team in division one or with aspirations of getting there would consider this as routine, is our self belief really that low?
Back to top Go down
flourman
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 10:19 am

Yes it’s Clare, and the fact we have picked 7 defenders says it all really ..
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 10:40 am

Half forward line has taken a hell of a battering with injuries. But hoping P Kelly & Brophy can show a bit of leadership on their return & give us a bit of extra impetus.

I’d imagine Dempsey will take Tubridy but I wonder if O’Grady might be a better option - might be physically imposing. Out the field, I honestly think Malone is a disaster waiting to happen us. He is exactly the kind of player we struggle against. When our sweeper drops he will be very adept at finding pockets of space & causing havoc. It’s the sort of tactical detail O’Neill doesn’t excel at.

Brennan has given Feely a couple of roastings & I think it might be better to stick Moolick on him; again physically a better match. If we as sloppy in our passing as last match, we can forget about it - Clare will murder us on counter attacks & their pacy players attacking from deep.

In terms of raw ability, definitely think there’s more in our squad but this Kildare team is so erratic I haven’t a clue to expect. We could be out of sight at half-time; it could another in O’Neill’s increasingly long list of debacles. Clare do give you space to play in, so if we can decent supply of ball to full forward line, they should do damage.

But I really don’t know what’s going to happen other than it will be a very important 80 mins for this team & manager.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 2:04 pm

flourman wrote:
Yes it’s Clare, and the fact we have picked 7 defenders says it all really ..

I get your point flour.. But k Cribben is not a defender and Eoin Doyle is not a centre back.

Last edited by SeamusMurphy on Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 2:07 pm

HauntedGraffiti wrote:
It’s pretty straightforward - O’Neill’s job is on the line. He’s three years in the position now & either he’s turned us into a Div 1 team or he hasn’t. If we don’t secure promotion, time to push off & let someone else have a go.

I’d actually be in favor of Glen Ryan taking over as interim manager for championship & appointing Davy Burke next year.

But let’s see how we go Sunday first. Imploring the players to empty themselves in this game. If we don’t get promoted it’s another wasted year for this team.

Some chance of Glen taking or being offered an interim role.
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 9:27 pm

Just win. Thanks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Kildare v Clare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kildare v Clare   Kildare v Clare Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kildare v Clare
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next