Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Croke Park Vote

Go down 
+14
Pkmie
Gaa1928
topcat
Highball
shortgrass
kelf
Liffey Likes
Cilldara_2000
Rex
Taibi
Fear An Geata
KILL BILL
lillyboy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tomoneillandhissisteranne
All-Star
All-Star

The Croke Park Vote Empty
PostSubject: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 6:02 am

Wouldn't we love to know how the Kildare delegates voted on the Donegal motion today?
But (GAA) democracy being so (GAA) democratic it's all a big secret.
Oh and those of us who think Dublin should possible play their home games at home or their neutral games away are "mean spirited."
Unfortunately, I've bought my ticket for tomorrow  or I'd save my few bob.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 6:26 am

Yeah pretty shifty stuff, all facilitated by last years vote to block transpiracy. They managed to block future Newbridgeornowhere as well. The politburo would be proud of the comrades, #animalfarm
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 6:41 am

DISGRACEFUL. This may ultimately call for a boycott of games because filthy lucre the only language the GAA bureaucrats understand.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 8:57 am

tomoneillandhissisteranne wrote:
Wouldn't we love to know how the Kildare delegates voted on the Donegal motion today?
But (GAA) democracy being so (GAA) democratic it's all a big secret.
Oh and those of us who think Dublin should possible play their home games at home or their neutral games away are "mean spirited."
Unfortunately, I've bought my ticket for tomorrow  or I'd save my few bob.

The rule proposed was to move dublin’s Home game to Parnell park. It was a bad solution to the problem as it was still going to leave dublin with the advantage of having to play two games at in their own county.

The rule that should have been proposed was to change the croke park fixture to a “neutral venue” fixture. That would actually take away Dublin’s advantage.

The rule was rightly voted down in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:00 am

How about you can play your neutral venue match on your home pitch, designated or not
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:02 am

Actually symbolically it was an excellent solution as it would have sent a strong signal that the GAA is prepared to tackle Dublin’s dominance which is destroying the game.

Unfortunately as Colm Parkinson among others has pointed out, a lot of these delegates aren’t very bright hence we keep getting idiotic decisions. But I mean, they are destroying the game - most people are on the same page on that aspect.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:06 am

Just so we’re clear - as things stand, it is pointless supporting Kildare. We are not going to be winning any silverware possibly ever again because system is so rigged in Dubs’ favour. We are literally wasting our time going to games. I can see myself losing interest quite soon & expect many other supporters around the country will be following suit.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:12 am

lillyboy wrote:
How about you can play your neutral venue match on your home pitch, designated or not

The neutral venue...has to be neutral for both teams....am i missing sarcasm or something?
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:23 am

Back to top Go down
lillyboy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:28 am

Meant "can't" but your point is valid. Unfortunately the current situation is exactly that, Dublin are playing the neutral match on their designated home pitch
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:35 am

They should be playing home game in Parnell Park & neutral game in neutral venue.

Unfortunately despite ludicrous advantages they already have - which mysteriously results in them winning every competition - Dublin are the whiniest county in the country.

Plenty of us on here - including me - missed Mayo game last year but we actually have some backbone.

Just want to say as well - as with Newbridge Or Nowhere last year, Sean Kelly’s comments were a disgrace. The man is an embarrassment to Kerry GAA.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:39 am

What mandate or basis do delegates vote? Is it their own opinion/ choice or is it direction from county boards or from clubs? The decisions certainly don't appear to reflect grassroot opinion. Like newbridgeornowhere last year the gaa appear to be getting further and further away from grassroot opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:41 am

The distance from the grassroots is massive & getting bigger all the time.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 5:19 pm

I would hope that a number of club delegates challenge our congress delegates to confirm how they voted on the above motion and if it is a case that they opposed the motion the reason as to why.

I hope this happens across all 32 counties, if it is a case that bullying has gone on from the top table, then congress is only a sham.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 6:31 pm

The mere fact that a rule has been brought in to give the gaa hierarchy power to overrule home advantage and prevent a repeat of the Newbridgeornowhere situation once again proves that the gaa hierarchy were knee deep into telling porkies about the whole situation last year, fact is Kildare had them by the short and curlies from a legal perspective. That game in Newbridgeornowhere was one of the most entertaining with a fantastic atmosphere and of course an unexpected result. Like the FA cup, these smaller venues with lower division teams against top teams give the competition some magic. Now the Gestapo have the power to overturn fixtures. Teams like Longford won't win an All Ireland but there is every chance they can beat a top team in Pearse Park but they will probably never get the chance now and top teams will be protected. These dinosaurs learn nothing.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 7:17 pm

Another nail in the coffin of Inter county football, after 40 years my interest in going to these games is waning, not because of our regular awful performances but because of top level greed and corruption, Enniskillen may have been the last game I will attend, as much as I have loved it in the past on principle it has now become difficult to support the GAA
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 8:05 pm

Top level soccer and premier league teams are regarded as out of touch due to vast and outrageous money involved and yet the FA and indeed the top premier league teams themselves have no issue traveling to lowly teams, e.g. Man utd will play away to Yeovil Town but yet top brass has want to prevent home games in places like Newbridge. It's as simple as this, the only possible reason is money, they want additional income from larger venue or they want to protect the bigger teams. Last year for the Mayo game it's clear they wanted a larger gate and wanted to ensure that they got high profile Dublin v Mayo later in championship.

Last edited by Sir Gazelle on Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 8:10 pm

Our delegates may have voted against this motion. I think more posters need to look at the motion itself and decide was it any good? Did it take away Dublin’s advantage in the super 8s? I don’t believe it did.
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Caprese. I am not sure anyone here is specifically criticising Kildare's delegates because I don't know how they voted but the point is that the vast majority of Gaelic games supporters believe that taking home advantage off a team like was tried last year and Dublin having two super 8 games in Croke Park is unfair and gives advantage to best team at the top but the vote at Congress does not reflect grassroot opinion
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 8:28 pm

Sir Gazelle wrote:
Caprese. I am not sure anyone here is specifically criticising Kildare's delegates because I don't know how they voted but the point is that the vast majority of Gaelic games supporters believe that taking home advantage off a team like was tried last year and Dublin having two super 8 games in Croke Park is unfair and gives advantage to best team at the top but the vote at Congress does not reflect grassroot opinion

I guess I have to repeat myself, the motion didn’t take away Dublin’s advantage. Dublin’s home game should be in croke park. Their neutral game should be in a ground outside county Dublin at a neutral venue.
Back to top Go down
topcat
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm

There is no “neutral round” in Super 8s, wording on it was quite clear when introduced, a home game an away game and a game in Croke Park. This motion ensured that no county would have 2 games in the same venue also ensuring no county would have what essentially amounts to 2 away games.

Due to the number of stakeholders in Croke Park, such as premium seat ticket holders and corporate box owners, changing the Croke Park round to a neutral venue round was never going to be a runner so this was the best/only way of enshrining a sense of fairness to the competition a chance which sadly 66% of delegates passed up.
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:27 pm

A rule so that Dublin are the only county to have 2 games in their county to introduce “fairness” is not up to much.

I’m glad it’s being voted down. It will highlight and keep the spotlight and pressure on the GAA for their promotion of Dublin above all other counties. This is a good result for the rest of the country as the donegal motion was completely toothless in reducing Dublin’s advantages
Back to top Go down
Caprea
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 9:29 pm

Plus you have Costello and Dublin media figures completely hanging themselves with daft arrogant speeches.
Back to top Go down
Fear An Geata
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 11:19 pm

Anyone know why the Castlemitchell motion was withdrawn?
Back to top Go down
TommyKeegan
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2019 3:43 am

Shows have far they've moved the posts that people think Croke Park should be their home and that the neutral game should be moved. We can't play at home unless we go to the same well and fundraise to do up our ground. If not, we lose. Dublin don't fundraise and do up their grounds, are given a €230m stadium and have no upkeep costs either, invest that money elsewhere and as a reward get an extra home game in the groups. It's a sham. It's an out and out fix and really thinking about trying to organise boycotts this summer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Croke Park Vote   The Croke Park Vote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Croke Park Vote
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next