Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Croke Park sit up and take note.

Go down 
+4
bag of white
KILL BILL
SamMaguire
Stonecold
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

Croke Park sit up and take note. Empty
PostSubject: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 8:21 pm

Great article, time to take back OUR organisation from the suits..........

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2010/0920/1224279263531.html
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:06 pm

I couldn't agree more. The sight of those fluorescent jackets around the pitch at the end of the match is awful. Hundreds of "bouncers" lined up as if to say to the GAA supporters in the stands "not tonight folks" and that's even before you consider the people on Hill16 caged likes monkeys in a zoo. The streamers look tacky and we could do without Marty Morrissey out of the field at the end. They have turned what was once a uniquely Irish sporting occasion into something that looks completely staged. Take a bow Críostóir Ó Cuana!
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:09 pm

I think one of the RTE pundits gave the solution yesterday. Allow the players have 5 to 10 minutes after the game and then slowly allow supporters onto the field. I think its the way forward.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

Superb article, absolutely superb.
Back to top Go down
bag of white
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Stonecold wrote:
I think one of the RTE pundits gave the solution yesterday. Allow the players have 5 to 10 minutes after the game and then slowly allow supporters onto the field. I think its the way forward.

That would be the ideal. Might be difficult to enforce but I think they could use the army of stewards they have to direct people to the appropriate exits off the pitch.
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Looks like we'll never see the likes of Martin Lynch belting out the Curragh of Kildare or Joe McDonagh with the West's Awake on the steps of the Hogan again either. Looks like "das ist verboten" too. Doesn't fit with the corporate image I suppose.
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:27 pm

Is this all Cooney's masterplan?
Back to top Go down
Jimmy winning matches
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 pm

cork to win all ireland yesterday also part of masterplan. also he stoped minor captains making speeches after get cup
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 pm

Its just another long line of articles about the GAA. Its pointless. They will never listen to the ordinary joe.
Its the Stadium director of Croke Park that is bring about all these changes in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Stonecold
All-Star
All-Star
Stonecold

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:51 pm

Like the government the hierarchy have insulated themselves for the ordinary GAA man and woman. Its about time somebody said stop.
Back to top Go down
abl
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 10:59 pm

Brilliant article.Alot of this is Cooneys doing.Sooner the better he goes back to his job in FAS so he join back up with all his crooked buddies.The only thing worse is that the next Ahole who is going to get the job will probably be the worst president of the GAA ever.Wait till you see what changes the twat tries to bring in
Back to top Go down
GaaHead
Senior
Senior
GaaHead

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:59 pm

SamMaguire wrote:
The sight of those fluorescent jackets around the pitch at the end of the match is awful. Hundreds of "bouncers" lined up as if to say to the GAA supporters in the stands "not tonight folks"

You do realise that the majority of them are volunteers giving of their time to allow you enjoy your game....
Back to top Go down
KILL BILL
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:30 am

Free entry to the All Ireland? - where do I apply?
Back to top Go down
SamMaguire
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:44 pm

GaaHead wrote:
SamMaguire wrote:
The sight of those fluorescent jackets around the pitch at the end of the match is awful. Hundreds of "bouncers" lined up as if to say to the GAA supporters in the stands "not tonight folks"

You do realise that the majority of them are volunteers giving of their time to allow you enjoy your game....

Yes, holding up that orange plastic mesh contributed to my enjoyment greatly. Fair play to those volunteers.
Back to top Go down
Tadhgín
Junior A
Junior A

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 9:49 am

KILL BILL wrote:
Free entry to the All Ireland? - where do I apply?

Let us know how you get on..

http://www.crokepark.ie/careers/stewarding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Croke Park sit up and take note.   Croke Park sit up and take note. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Croke Park sit up and take note.
Page 1 of 1