Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where to next?

Go down 
+40
Cassanata
flourman
Hurlerbehindtheditch
murof
Big Full Back
lily4fr
Snowwhite
Flamingo
Ohtoohtobe
Rex
Badger85
lomond
Taibi
jj
TheManInTheStands
totalgaa
Gaa1928
lilysavage
Liffey Likes
white boy
SeamusMurphy
micky murphy
steviegenius
Kildare98
tpos
Highball
fatherted
Caprea
intheback
OutTheGap
jimmers
bite the pillow
Ois
maccie
lillyboy
tomoneillandhissisteranne
kelf
Cilldara_2000
DONTPULLOUT
KILL BILL
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
tpos
Senior
Senior

Where to next?  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 4:08 am

Ross Glavin or Makachy O Rourke as manager.
If a manager accepts having a coach or selector imposed he's not worth having as manager
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 4:43 am

O’Rourke Manager.  Galvin and Manager own choice as selector

Last edited by Newbridgeornowhere on Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tpos
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 4:45 am

Again.
If a manager accepts having a coach or selector imposed he's not worth having as manager
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 6:16 am

Glenn Ryan and His own choice Selectors etc .
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 6:40 am

Joint managerial ticket of Cake Curran & Bosco Ramsbottom with Dessie Dolan as psychologist.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 6:46 am

Agree with psychologist person need it with characters in Panel at moment
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 8:09 am

Glen ryan and the team he went forward with the last time the position was vacant
Back to top Go down
Kildare98
All-Star
All-Star
Kildare98

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 8:35 am

Definitely think Davy Burke should get it. Not fussed about back room team.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 8:10 pm

I don't think a manager should let any selector be imposed, but that shouldn't mean that they not be asked to have someone on board.
From a club point of view Malachy O'Rourke would be great. He always encouraged county boys to play and take the home team seriously.
They have 'star' games that are worth more points and then if no county lads are allowed play the games count for less.
That's from a lad up there explaining it to me if I understood him correctly. definitely there isn't this shite of a county lads appearing once in a blue moon.
No matter who comes in that is something that needs to change. If county boys can't hack it well then it shouldn't matter about them playing in development squads since they were 15.
It brings standards up to let the best play with the club.

I know I said to myself I wasn't culling CON but there seems to be no desire for him to stay and I think he is on a hiding to nothing if he does.
Back to top Go down
steviegenius
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 10:18 pm

Was told from a very reliable source that Malachy o Rourke contacted the county board to put his name in the hat when they go looking for a new manager but was told that Kildare already had a management team in place.
I think O Neill should be gone by now what are they waiting for? 99% of the supporters dont want him there he had his time its not and didnt work out so move on please Cian.
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 10:54 pm

But that's all they could say. We do have a management team in place as it stands
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 11:45 pm

Probably all they could say, but anyone with a modicum of common sense would have also said to him, if anything changes we will be in touch.

Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2019 11:59 pm

Rex wrote:
Probably all they could say, but anyone with a modicum of common sense would have also said to him, if anything changes we will be in touch.

SENSE?? Since when did anyone involved in Kildare GAA have that... Very Happy
I'm lumping everyone here in that as well too!!
Back to top Go down
Gaa1928
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 12:06 am

Outside management team in full, only way to alter the 'buddy buddy system' that has existed for the last 10 years or so and effect a clear out with no favouritism going forward.

The problem with a Kildare person as selector is that he will get all the shite for the next 30 years if things don't work out.

Outside management team with one good senior team liaison officer to deal with the clubs etc.
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 12:57 am

Stevie - not sure in my head i doubt that happened from Malachy's side even.

But for me he is the man for us #Vote 1 Malachy O'Rourke
Back to top Go down
Rex
All-Star
All-Star
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 3:00 am

Flamingo wrote:
Rex wrote:

SENSE?? Since when did anyone involved in Kildare GAA have that... Very Happy
I'm lumping everyone here in that as well too!!

There's always a first time
Back to top Go down
Liffey Likes
Intercounty
Intercounty

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 5:47 am

Sense?? Even if CON decided to resign another manager can't be put in place until September which is when the next county board meeting is scheduled for.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 6:06 am

Sir Gazelle wrote:
Sense?? Even if CON decided to resign another manager can't be put in place until September which is when the next county board meeting is scheduled for.
I say early October for new management.
Back to top Go down
murof
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 8:05 am

The 2 times we were proactive and thought outside the box regards the next manager resulted in the appointments of Micko and Mcgeeney. No conincide that they were the only 2 periods when we challenged for an AI.
It would be nice if someone was doing something similar at the moment. We definitely need an outside manager who preferably has a tough, even a mean approach to tactics and particularly tackling.
We are far too nice and comfortable to play against as Dublin ad Tyrone players can gleefully confirm.
Would love to see O' Rourke and someone like Burke take over.
Please don't let us end up with a journey man who will only waste another few years.
Back to top Go down
SeamusMurphy
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 12:04 pm

If Glenn is a no go.. then I'd go with Davy.. funny how early doors He was been knocked and even talks of d Sash been relegated.. mm league semi final now , and realistically only real challenge to d Moore's crown.
And bear in mind d Sash don't do outside Manager.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 9:29 pm

14 Days Today, and it still goes on. What a joke of a County we are, 3 people outside kildare slated me this week as, Is he still there. What's the Kildare supporters Club saying Fuck all and C.B .Would kerry Mayo or Dublin etc put up with this carry on .Big No that's why they are where the are. We then tell people we want to be competing with them. When you're Club elected people and the next kildare c.b think of what you are these people going to Change.
Back to top Go down
white boy
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 9:30 pm

14 Days Today, and it still goes on. What a joke of a County we are, 3 people outside kildare slated me this week as, Is he still there. What's the Kildare supporters Club saying Fuck all and C.B .Would kerry Mayo or Dublin etc put up with this carry on .Big No that's why they are where the are. We then tell people we want to be competing with them. When you're Club elected people and the next kildare c.b think of what you are these people going to Change.
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 10:27 pm

white boy wrote:
14 Days  Today, and it still goes on. What  a joke of a County we are, 3 people outside kildare slated me this week as, Is he still there. What's the Kildare supporters Club saying Fuck all and C.B .Would kerry Mayo or Dublin etc put up with this carry on .Big No that's why they are where the are. We then tell people we want to be competing  with them. When you're Club  elected people and the next kildare  c.b think of what you are these people going to Change.
o neill was away on holidays only back this week .
Back to top Go down
moatesports
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2019 11:21 pm

With Brexit in October and Kildare county board meeting in October and all TDs on Holliday as well as co board it's no wonder we all in bother
Back to top Go down
http://moatesports.ie
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2019 4:46 am

Roscommon lose by 4 points this evening to the same team that hammered them last year.
Shows what a good, organised coach can do. No reason why we can’t compete with Tyrone in the future IF we get the right man in charge.
Cunningham mightn’t do many media days, but by god his teams will be tough to beat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where to next?    Where to next?  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where to next?
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum :: General Football Discussion-
Jump to: