Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New chairman

Go down 
+2
Curraghplains
lily4fr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

New chairman  Empty
PostSubject: New chairman    New chairman  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 7:41 am

Mick Gorman is sole nomination for position as chairman to replace Ger Donnelly as chairman’s ger five year term ends in December
Back to top Go down
lily4fr
Senior
Senior

New chairman  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New chairman    New chairman  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 8:55 am

More of the same. Depressing really
Back to top Go down
Curraghplains
All-Star
All-Star

New chairman  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New chairman    New chairman  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 9:44 am

It’s was opportunity for change
Back to top Go down
micky murphy
All-Star
All-Star

New chairman  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New chairman    New chairman  Icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2019 10:52 pm

All, i have no county executive allegiances, busy enough trying to do a bit for my own club, but i have said similar before on here, easy to come on and moan and give out and comment negatively on this but don't see anyone jumping forward and at the end of the days its a democracy and some people will know how hard it is to get people involved in clubs or do any work when you go looking the eyes turn the other way, how many people have to go and beg people to go on a committee, look after an underage team or even do umpire or linesman at any game but everyone down the pub moan about the club or committee and say they great club people...
If you feel that strong do something about it and start locally clubs will be having their AGM's over next 2-3 months and go get involved...…
Back to top Go down
Hurlerbehindtheditch
Senior
Senior

New chairman  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New chairman    New chairman  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 3:04 am

It is more of the same in terms of no fresh thinking and a reward for long service. I have had plenty of dealings with Mick during his role at the top of the CCC and have always found him to be a man of his word, hard working and dedicated to serving Kildare Gaa despite much bullshit that he had to deal with. However I do not believe he is the right man at the right time for Kildare Gaa. Kildare Gaa faces many challenges in the short and medium term around infrastructure in terms of Conleths but also the structure of clubs and games in the County. I wish him all the best for his term as Chairman but as a county we badly need to look at how we develop leadership talent to drive the County forward. I see Mick as a safe pair of hands but I don't see the dynamism required to rock the boat and make the hard choices.
Back to top Go down
DownUnder
Junior C
Junior C

New chairman  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New chairman    New chairman  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 6:22 am

Fair play to Mick, the standout candidate. I worked closely with him for my club with the fixtures, he was always honest and did his best for you. A safe pair of hands to take Kildare into the future.

Last edited by DownUnder on Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sorrynotsorry
Junior C
Junior C

New chairman  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New chairman    New chairman  Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2019 10:29 pm

I echo what Micky Murphy says above. It's so easy to sit in judgement at what the County committee is or is not achieving however there are very few willing to step forward and get behind the committee be it club or county. I have dealt with both Ger and Mick throughout the years with regards fixtures and both were honest and hardworking. After attending the fixture review meeting in Hawkfield 2 years ago (which was a welcome development to actually look for feedback from the clubs), the amount of work that goes into fixtures at county level I would reckon is nearly a full time job on its own. I also think Ger Donnelly and Alan Dunney should be credited for turning the counties dire financial position around in 5 short years as it was very bleak when Croke Park had to step in. But as always the negative naysayers will step up and try to highlight whats been done wrong instead of looking at the overall picture. And dont even start at club level. It's impossible to retain volunteers to help in any small way due to the critics hiding on the sideline and in the pubs. Downunder I think your last comment is dreadful and uncalled for as im sure you have no idea what goes on under anyone's roof.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New chairman  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New chairman    New chairman  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New chairman
Page 1 of 1