Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Kildare Gaa Fans Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kildare Gaa Fans Forum

Kildare Gaa, Football & Hurling Fans discussion board.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ideas on improving the entire county set up.

Go down 
+10
Twentyeight
LillieLad
OutTheGap
Gaa1928
Botch
Rex
Kildare98
Flamingo
Lánchúlaí
Badger85
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bite the pillow
Senior
Senior

Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2024 12:34 pm

Lilywhites on tour, don't stop there. I know you have more to say but you probably think you have said enough. I remember in the old days you were like me... couldn't wait for the next match. It's the feckin pits how things have come to this pitch. I've already said earlier that i havn't been to a match since that feckin embarrasement of a leinster final and that pains me. Can't see where this ends up but unless some drastic measures are taken shortly we are on "the road to nowhere" !

lilywhites on tour likes this post

Back to top Go down
lilywhites on tour
All-Star
All-Star
lilywhites on tour

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2024 8:49 am

bite the pillow wrote:
Lilywhites on tour, don't stop there. I know you have more to say but you probably think you have said enough. I remember in the old days you were like me... couldn't wait for the next match. It's the feckin pits how things have come to this pitch. I've already said earlier that i havn't been to a match since that feckin embarrasement of a leinster final and that pains me. Can't see where this ends up but unless some drastic measures are taken shortly we are on "the road to nowhere" !

We're headed for the trap door! Everything around this team is demoralising at present. Kildare GAA is a very hard sell, but I feel the effort is lacking in generating interest. Very little build-up in to games both intercounty and club games by official Kildare GAA. In comparison to other counties this is where we lack severely ! No quick fix but small adjustments could be made to improve. Like streaming of club games - a definite starting place!!

bite the pillow likes this post

Back to top Go down
Botch
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2024 11:16 am

lilywhites on tour wrote:
bite the pillow wrote:

We're headed for the trap door! Everything around this team is demoralising at present. Kildare GAA is a very hard sell, but I feel the effort is lacking in generating interest. Very little build-up in to games both intercounty and club games by official Kildare GAA. In comparison to other counties this is where we lack severely ! No quick fix but small adjustments could be made to improve. Like streaming of club games - a definite starting place!!

I probably agree. We just have no energy in promoting the GAA in this county. It has been flat for years. The only way to change that is to have a big nflux of new faces on the county board. And I do believe there are some.doing lots of work on the county board.. I just think the energy has been seeped from them.

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2024 11:23 pm

They don’t want to change it! They’re all happy with their lots. If any sort of meaningful change came along, they’d be out on their ears. Power does strange things to people. And they won’t freely walk away I’m afraid.

Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2024 11:27 pm

Badger85 wrote:
They don’t want to change it! They’re all happy with their lots. If any sort of meaningful change came along, they’d be out on their ears. Power does strange things to people. And they won’t freely walk away I’m afraid.

how utterly depressing.
what can be done to get rid of these people?
we're at a juncture where a fresh start would be the best thing.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2024 11:38 pm

lily92 wrote:
Badger85 wrote:

how utterly depressing.

Not unless other people come forward to challenge them. Last time that happened, the challengers didn’t have the votes. A Quick Look at the board members and their clubs will outline the centre of power.

Those clubs would have to recognise change is needed also and vote with the challengers. Can’t see that happening.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 12:01 am

Badger85 wrote:
lily92 wrote:
Badger85 wrote:

how utterly depressing.

Not unless other people come forward to challenge them. Last time that happened, the challengers didn’t have the votes. A Quick Look at the board members and their clubs will outline the centre of power.

Those clubs would have to recognise change is needed also and vote with the challengers. Can’t see that happening.

is this a hangover from the McGeeney era, or more embedded culturally? it all just seems so self-defeating.

if the clubs want success for the county, they need to do the right thing.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 12:10 am

The dubs were never as bad as we are now, but they were chronically underachieving and then Sean Kelly got things moving, almost 20 years ago now.

I wonder how we'd do with similar support.

what it all boils down to is that intercounty gaelic football is no longer the arena of the ploughman. you can probably thank Sean Kelly for that aswell. there are professional standards required to lift Sam. the rest of us are just making up the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 2:05 am

You could give the board every cent the Dubs got and they’d misspend it.
They’re not qualified enough to be trusted with funds like that.
Back to top Go down
lily92
Senior
Senior

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2024 2:57 am

Badger85 wrote:
You could give the board every cent the Dubs got and they’d misspend it.
They’re not qualified enough to be trusted with funds like that.

get in qualified people then
Back to top Go down
Flamingo
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2024 4:06 am

May as well bring this one back up as the Allianz Leagie thread has kinda moprphed into an everything and anything...

We need a Commercial/ Marketing Person in to harness whatever we can and then feed that cash back into the set-up across the board.

We actually have been doing OK with sponsors like NBI and others coming on board but we need as many avenues as possible.

Club Kildare needs to be rebooted and have more options for membership.

Clubber need to be signed up and we can make a few quid there and allow people to see as much of the action as possible. We don't need a TV station style platform if we have an official YouTube channel. They can supply clips for social and create some buzz.

We need to throw the kitchen sink at coming straight back up and whoever gets the job needs to get whatever they want - the stadium can't be an excuse.

KILL BILL, lilywhites on tour, OutTheGap, LillieLad, bite the pillow, Liffey Likes, Badger85 and like this post

Back to top Go down
Badger85
All-Star
All-Star

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2024 5:17 am

This is a fantastic example of how things should be done:

https://www.gaaroscommon.ie/survey/

Anything to be said for a sponsored walk?

lilywhites on tour and Thelillywhites like this post

Back to top Go down
really_unofficial_kildare
Intercounty
Intercounty
really_unofficial_kildare

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2024 10:12 am

Have to say the new website is nice and slick https://kildaregaa.ie/

Ontheterrace likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas on improving the entire county set up.   Ideas on improving the entire county set up. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas on improving the entire county set up.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2